Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling With The Past: Greatest Wrestler Ever with Charles & Childs!

I love this pairing and wish it was 10 hours longer, only half kidding. Charles is so convincing in his opinions that he could and might diss Bret and I'd thank him for it instead of getting mad

Haha, well thank you, that's very good to know, although I think you'll find some high praise of Bret Hart coming from me, not just when talking about him but talking about how other guys have worked with him. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's music to my ears. I'm in the 70s now and loving every minute of it. You guys have presented the best case I've heard for each guy and make me want to search out the guys I don't have on my list. I already planned on reviewing 5 matches for every guy that makes the top 100 that didn't make mine and this podcast is pushing that to an even larger group

My list is something I'm not overly proud of, to be honest. I took a lot of time on it, but made so many mistakes and do have regrets. Chad's is probably more me than me, at least in some ways. Still, though, the list is like 5% of this project's appeal to be, maybe less.

Listened to it all at work tonight. I recorded part one of my GWE rundown today and it was funny to hear certain arguments I made made on this show. Look forward to the plagiarism accusation :).

Was pleasantly surprised by many rankings, confused by others, but loved listening to the discussion all the same. I thought the Bryan talk was excellent, was really happy Childs repped Puerto Rico, and thought the discussions on the four pillars ruled even when I didn't entirely agree.

Great show(s).

This was a marathon to plow through but honestly one of my favorite podcasts of all time. Both Loss and Childs have an uncanny ability at times to make these snapshot statements that totally encompass how I feel on certain things in one moment. One of those was the desire of Kobashi to have a classic every time out. The other involved Ricky Morton being a heart throb based on his selling. Just a magnificent discussion that it felt like we were all allowed to secretly eavesdrop in on.

I listened to almost the full 9 hours yesterday (at the office, driving while commuting, exercising and during my wrestling viewing) and fell asleep somewhere in the top ten.

I popped for the song every time, even if Charles does not seem to be in charge of his own list at certain points. For what it's worth, I truly relate to that struggle. My list was guided by seemingly unnatural forces and I share a similar disdain for the end result.

In the end, we're not going to agree with anyone's list, least of all one of our own faulty creation.

Crossed the halfway point here. I've run a few marathons, more than few halfs and this still felt grueling. I hope someone was feeding you gents Gatorade and goos along the way. Not that its any surprise, but it really stands out how much thought went into both of your lists. A few names I might need to request some recs for as I haven't really seen much, if any, of them. But will check out their GWE threads first to see if anything doing there.

Loss, curious what placed Tully so much higher than Arn on your ballot. From podcasts and the board my read is that most have had Arn higher so wanted to see what stood out for Tully in your eyes. Pre-Horsemen? Higher end singles?

I think Tully was a better singles wrestler. He had a shorter run, but peaked higher within it. He was more of a catalyst, and a less respectable heel.

And Parv, I was totally kayfabing that one. I looked at the clock when we had about 30 to go, muted myself and sighed really loud.

To be fair, Loss' usual vocal delivery is a bit of a methodical drawl, so it's not like we were gonna get a huge slowdown in his pace as the marathon stretched on.

That said, goodhelmet is right, the coke and meth probably helped.

The one moment of despair for me came when our phone connection went dead halfway through me talking about Hashimoto at No. 10. I remember looking at the clock and the early rays of sunlight creeping through my basement windows and thinking "Why have we done this to ourselves?" But then I think we rallied reasonably well for the rest of the top 10.

Ha! 25 years in the South followed by five years in the Northeast and five years in the Midwest where I've tried to sound like the locals as much as I can has produced that strange landing point for my accent.

It's really more your delivery style than any accent. It's very calm and measured. You're sort of the zig to Superstar Sleeze's zag.

I have a lot to say about this podcast, which I really enjoyed and I am still going through top twenty. But God, I have had Charles in Charge stuck in my head for three days and people at work hate me now.

This was a last minute production call, and I still can't figure out if it is for the best cos the other planned theme tune was also pretty cool.

Anyway, I reached the very end, finally, and I guess there was only one real surprise for me and that was the fact that one guy didn't make either of your top tens.

I also think that in terms of the very top of the list, just based on all the shows so far, there feel like 6-7 guys who coalesce around the top 6-7 spots whatever the order. And they are not necessarily the 6-7 guys who have had the most press.

My main takeaway from Part 1 is that the discussion on Foley was just about my favourite discussion on any one wrestler from any of the podcasts thus far. I thought the points you made about him were really insightful, and have even kind of helped me form my own arguments.

Also thought the same about Jericho, you really touched on some good points, particularly about why he's such a strange and elusive candidate, seemingly coming off as both a good worker and bad worker at the same time.

I actually wanted to touch on that a couple days ago myself, but yeah, the Jericho discussion was really great and probably my favourite bit of part 1 (that WAS still part 1, right)?

Loss: "My #__ was Chris Jericho. Did you vote for him at all?"

Childs: "Nooooo."