Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

So I'm going to have 80 guys in the Top 100 on my list. Benoit making the list is a bit troubling for me, to be honest.

Agreed. I didn't vote for him. He was at one time one of my all time favorites, and I met him and got a pic and autograph at Axxess at Mania 19 in Seattle. But now...I can't even watch his matches. They are hard to get through. I'm married and have kids, and I can't imagine someone doing that to their spouse or child. I get his brain was probably mush, but still. So sad. And because of it, he's not on my ballot.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm going to have 80 guys in the Top 100 on my list. Benoit making the list is a bit troubling for me, to be honest.

Agreed. I didn't vote for him. He was at one time one of my all time favorites, and I met him and got a pic and autograph at Axxess at Mania 19 in Seattle. But now...I can't even watch his matches. They are hard to get through. I'm married and have kids, and I can't imagine someone doing that to their spouse or child. I get his brain was probably mush, but still. So sad. And because of it, he's not on my ballot.

Mental illness is really misunderstood. Of course you can't understand it, he probably couldn't mist of his life too. His brain was fucked.

I didn't vote for him, because it's hard to watch his matches. Not because of the murder, but because what those matches did to his brain to get him into that state.

Benoit is a sad figure.

I'm mixed on the matter. I think Benoits brain was pretty fucked, but I know nothing of the person he was to begin with. Hard to tell if it was a shock that he made this jump.

I did vote for him though. I tried to block all personal blocks with wrestlers out of the equation, as it would have led to a significantly different ballot.

I'm bummed about Kerry making the top 100. I know some people whose opinions I really respect are advocates. But he had a short peak and I don't know that I've ever felt he was the better guy in a great match. I don't hate him or anything. I just see him in a similar class to Luger or Sting, and when I look at the list of those already eliminated, I see dozens of more skilled workers.

I am a huge Kerry advocate... about 1/3 great match theory; 1/3 charisma and 1/3 Texas. I may or may not have been his high voter in 206.

*sigh* Nope. I don't know if it's me, but he definitely broke my top 100...if not top 80.

Colon finishing at 102 is worse to me than if he finished at 394 or something. I blame myself and wish I had ranked him higher even if it wouldn't have made a difference.

Blame me for not taking the time to watch that insane amount of PR TV I downloaded once (I say that for PR as a whole, no idea if I would have ranked Colon).

Hi muffins I'm one of the outsider dorks who submitted a list anonymously thanks to inspiration from the podcasts but since my real name was outed as the high vote for Adonis, I might as well admit I was also the high vote on Chris Daniels and Meiko Satomura. Its been so fun watching the results and this has to be my favorite internet thing since my satirical chocolate bar reviews of '09.

I didn't think I really gave a shit where anyone placed, until Waltman dropped and missed out on the top 100. I really thought he would be around 75 or so. I had him at 50. Terrifically consistent worker for most of his career, and was one of a very, very small group of people who were able to have good, meaningful matches during the Attitude Era with all the constraints that came along with it (and probably the best at that). Excellent babyface worker, incredibly sympathetic, but also excelled as a hated heel. Maybe the poster child for why great match counting is a really flawed way to judge wrestlers, as you could probably count the great matches he had on one hand.

I didn't realize I had so many guys not make the Top 100. I thought I was around 17-18 guys. Turns out it was 25.

1. Villano III
2. Pirata Morgan
3. Jerry Blackwell
4. Pat O Connor
1. Larry Zbyszko
2. Tommy Rich
3. Masa Fuchi
4. Butch Reed
5. Chris Adams
6. Michael Hayes
7. Dutch Mantel
8. Wahoo McDaniel
9. Dennis Condrey
10. Tommy Rogers
11. Jamie Dundee
12. Negro Navarro
13. Black Terry
14. Naoki Sano
15. Tracy Smothers
16. Gran Hamada
17. TAKA Michinoku
18. Steve Corino
19. Eric Embry
20. Perro Aguayo
21. Masa Saito
22. Chris Hero
23. Killer Khan
24. Tamon Honda
25. Jackie Fargo

Colon finishing at 102 is worse to me than if he finished at 394 or something. I blame myself and wish I had ranked him higher even if it wouldn't have made a difference.

In the same boat. Really should've ranked Colon higher because he sticks out as someone who really impressed me during this project. Real shame he didn't make the top 100.

I had Colon low on my list after a burst of PR watching a year or so ago... and then completely spaced on him when I submitted my ballot. Not a guy I would have had high, but definitely deserved a ranking.

Colon wasn't on my list because I asked Dylan how many PR guys he was going to rank and he said something like 1-2, and I just didn't have the time to heavily focus on a region just for a couple of guys. With endless time, he probably would have made it (and maybe Invader, maybe even Chicky).