Pro Wrestling Only

Dear 2026 Wrestling Obsessives

Loss

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to do this again in ten years. As for what I'd do differently, I would watch more of the footage of my blind spots. So I've watched some Lucha, but need to watch more, and then more Joshi, which I've only scratched the surface of, and a little more shoot style. I've seen Takada, Maeda, Fujiwara, and Yamazaki, along with a few others, but have also barely scratched the surface of that. World of Sport needs more of a look from me too. I've seen some Jim Breaks and Johnny Saint but not much else really. So much more to watch there.

When you fill out your ballot, don't do the thing where you say "I was going to put her at #whatever, because I hadn't seen enough to go higher, but I knew that was too low, so I just left her off entirely." That makes your - and by extension our - list objectively worse. A too-low ranking is better than no ranking at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Looking back at this and the talk of possibly condensing the period seems in contrast to what everyone I talk to is wanting. I know so many people right now that want to start working towards 2026 right now. Maybe it is too early but I think so many people that did and didn't vote last time want to continue those conversations from 2016. Living in a pandemic, at least for me, has certainly boosted interest. With modern wrestling stinking up the joint bless being morally questionable in a more in-your-face manner. Wrestling has always been bad but not sure we mixed allegations of sexual assault/misconduct by active wrestlers with promotions being active, putting fans and talent in harm's way. A real double whammy of not being totally interested. I have trouble doing anything if it doesn't feel somewhat goal-oriented though. I love watching wrestling...but need something to with that. I watched Shinya Hashimoto vs. The Predator last night and tweeted about it but I want that to feed into something. Essentially right now I'm viewing everything I watch as a piece of the GWE puzzle for me. I have years so I can be broad in my focus. I do want to try and come to some conclusions though for me personally.

I feel like a whole group of posters got burned out and that whole other group has gotten energized. Trying to figure out how to outline all my thoughts without some sort of hub at the moment. Don't know if that's blogging or podcasting or something else entirely.