Your Wrestling Guilty Pleasure

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2530 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

But in the spirit of the thread, I LOVE The Godwinns as heels. The simple bad ass just overalls look when they feuded with The Road Warriors was awesome, and I adore the short lived Southern Justice gimmick.

I've been a fan of theirs in every incarnation. I'm not sure the Tex Slazenger-Shanghai Pierce version of the team qualify as a "guilty pleasure" though.

#102 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

I don't believe in the idea of guilty pleasures, to be honest. Especially in Pro Wrestling. If you like something, you like it. Unless it's the Benoit Tribute RAW, then I might have to draw a line.
But in the spirit of the thread, I LOVE The Godwinns as heels. The simple bad ass just overalls look when they feuded with The Road Warriors was awesome, and I adore the short lived Southern Justice gimmick.

I don't either, why my picks were things heavily booked by post WWF Russo. Who came closer to killing my fandom than anyone.

#103 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

I have no problem with admitting I loved Attitude Era WWF. There's not a ton of rewatch material but wrestling was never meant to be rewatched. It lived and died on memory. And I remember having friends over for RAW now and again and for every PPV around that time. And it was fun to shit on the stuff like "Meat" while marking out for Mankind.

#104 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

I enjoy Attitude Era WWF, I mean 2000 WCW. 

Though it was very hard to abandon my ideas of Kayfabe in the context of the shows. 

#105 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5771 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

Herb Abram's UWF. I love it. I know it sucks but it brings me an almost childish joy to flip on an episode.

#106 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

Herb Abram's UWF. I love it. I know it sucks but it brings me an almost childish joy to flip on an episode.

I find it has good action, even if the booking is less than good. 

#107 CYF

CYF
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

JBL and Abyss are huge guilty pleasures for me. I particularly love the JBL-Big Show barbed wire cage match and the Abyss-Raven dog collar match

#108 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5771 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

I find it has good action, even if the booking is less than good. 

The bad booking is at least entertaining in how bad it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users