Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV May 2-May 8

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryback sent home (cagesideseats.com)

That sucks. He really turned a corner with both Kalisto matches.

He'd been steadily improving for a while. OTTH I don't remember when I started noticing how under the radar good he was getting, but it was well before the Kalisto matches

I don't know what to make of this contract dispute stuff. It's screaming work to me right now, but I could be dead wrong on that

This is the best-booked main event program they have had in a few years, and now that they are just going with the boos (I think what they are doing is *waaaay* more effective than a traditional heel turn would be), Roman Reigns really is a great champion with an edge. With Styles and his Bullet Club friends, Styles could turn and join them, they could turn on him and feud, or things could stay exactly as they are, and all would be viable and make sense.

They are setting up things around each of the titles also. I actually love the dynamic of these three superworkers feuding while somehow *The Miz* keeps squeaking out wins as a beneficiary of circumstance. The women's title change -- when it happens -- will get a ginormous pop and be a big moment. They are hopefully setting up a renewed push for Rusev and Lana. They are trying to make something out of a roughshod tag division. Pretty much every feud up and down the card is at least fresh.

I know the pattern, and eventually the bottom will fall out and WWE won't be very good for a while. But I'll enjoy the ride for now.

I could do without Shane and Stephanie, but even they aren't directly involved in the title program, which is a big plus.

Oh, and imagine still thinking Shane is the better TV performer. Stephanie is and pretty much always has been.

I think it's pretty obvious Vince feels that way. Shane got maybe less than 10 minutes screen time while Steph got probably 25. I think Vince sees her as a necessity on wwe programming. I don't quite understand it. It's probably because she is supposed to be the next corporate face of the company. I still think it's ridiculous she is pushed this hard and her character is beyond stale. Really could do without both of them at this point

Yeah, as an either/or, I think I prefer 10 minutes of Shane to 25 of Steph.

The US title is the only one I think is treading water right now. I like Kalisto, and think he could be a big deal for them, but he's no really had a storyline in his title run. I think splitting him from Sin Cara permanently would be a good step forward.

I don't know what to make of this contract dispute stuff. It's screaming work to me right now, but I could be dead wrong on that

A work plays out on TV. This isn't. WWE works are usually neon sign obvious.

The US title is the only one I think is treading water right now. I like Kalisto, and think he could be a big deal for them, but he's no really had a storyline in his title run. I think splitting him from Sin Cara permanently would be a good step forward.

Same here. I was really hoping Sin Cara would win the battle royal. That would have been something new and interesting - a fresh story to tell. As much as I like Rusev, having him re-enter the U.S. Title picture isn't exciting to me. It just means his career has not progressed at all in over a year. The match(es) will be fun, but I simply don't care.

I think it's pretty obvious Vince feels that way. Shane got maybe less than 10 minutes screen time while Steph got probably 25. I think Vince sees her as a necessity on wwe programming. I don't quite understand it. It's probably because she is supposed to be the next corporate face of the company. I still think it's ridiculous she is pushed this hard and her character is beyond stale. Really could do without both of them at this point

They feature Stephanie heavily because they think presenting a working mother as running the company is the key to changing their public image. That begs the question of why she isn't a babyface, but I think that's a big part of why she's so featured. They have hired a PR firm specifically to sell Stephanie to the public.

I was really down on WWE after Mania. I just hated that show so much, more than any show in years. But since that mess there have been several positives. The main event scene is hot. The womens division feels important (really liked the in-ring segment last night). Tag scene has purpose and over teams. On the other hand, I can't stand the McMahons, especially Shane. The commentary, as ever, is unbelievably bad. And outside of a couple main events, I've felt the big shows so far this year have been uninspired. Still, if you focus on the good, there is quality stuff here

This is the hottest main event program I can remember in a while and my head hurts from reading so much "Roman sucks/#LOLROMANWINS" on other sites. It's like the crowds that try to go into business for themselves are the very posters who are driving me bonkers. Too busy trying to be cool to enjoy a man who is doing the best work of his career right now.

I think the duo turning on AJ with AJ calling his old friend Finn for help and doing a tag feud is also a possibility. That's what I like about this -- there are multiple directions they can go.

Definitely agree here. You know a turn is coming but it can go any number of ways and stretching it out like this makes it all the better. Not to mention they can integrate a number of different pieces from the roster if they want to.

I think the duo turning on AJ with AJ calling his old friend Finn for help and doing a tag feud is also a possibility. That's what I like about this -- there are multiple directions they can go.

In storyline though, AJ and Finn aren't old friends. The Bullet Club and Devitt had a falling out, and AJ debuted as the newest member. They weren't in the group at the same time and didn't cross paths IIRC. If anything, I'd expect Anderson & Gallows to turn on AJ setting up Balor's debut (not as "The Demon" but as his "Balor Club" character) and a program vs. AJ. Remember, those guys never turned on Devitt, but they did turn on AJ in NJPW.....and WWE for a change is playing off things that happened in another promotion

I should also add that I never cared for "The Demon", never quite got why so many internet fans got their panties wet over it, and thought it would be stupid on the main roster. I loved Devitt doing the paint gimmick for big New Japan shows, but the cool thing was he switched it up and it was never the same twice. He would do the paint different each time with "The Demon" but it got old quick. Very cool the first time, then increasingly less so, and eventually lame. IMO

I like him so much better as cool badass Irish dude Finn Balor compared to "The Demon" and think he's way better as a heel or just an edgy character than a babyface, but maybe that's just me

In storyline though, AJ and Finn aren't old friends. The Bullet Club and Devitt had a falling out, and AJ debuted as the newest member. They weren't in the group at the same time and didn't cross paths IIRC. If anything, I'd expect Anderson & Gallows to turn on AJ setting up Balor's debut (not as "The Demon" but as his "Balor Club" character) and a program vs. AJ. Remember, those guys never turned on Devitt, but they did turn on AJ in NJPW.....and WWE for a change is playing off things that happened in another promotion

I think they could also do AJ/Balor vs Gallows/Anderson and copy the Flair-Sting thing from Halloween Havoc in '95 to get there. They are loosely playing off of New Japan's history, but I don't get the sense they are insistent on maintaining continuity at every level, nor do they need to be concerned with that.