Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-08-28-AJW] Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto (Hair vs Hair)

Microstatistics

• GSR changed the title to [1985-08-28-AJW] Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto (Hair vs Hair)
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This might just be one of my favourite brawls of all time. The crowd is red hot for this and both women have a posse leading them to the ring and watching them all get involved added greatly to the atmosphere. This is my first time seeing Nagayo and she comes across as such a natural babyface. The way she weaves some flashy counters into this hot as hell fight so effortlessly tells me that I need to seek out more of her work. Dump Matsumoto may not be as stiff as say Aja Kong, but she ups the violence by cutting open Nagayo with a chain and a pair of scissors. Even the poor referee ends up getting stabbed when he tries to break things up! 

The finish might come about too suddenly, but the post match head shaving was so emotional that it makes up for it. Dump dragging Nagayo to another side of the ring so she can force another group of crying fans to get a closer look was a total bitch move! 

★★★★¾