Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV, May 23rd - May Something

fakeplastictrees

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Jericho's current character and his character work in the matches but the matches themselves are just so terrible.

So much this. He's still trying to work like 1999 Jericho in 2016. I don't know why he seems to think adjusting his style is some kind of admission of defeat at the hands of Father Time. I was starting to think they were adding the extra time at the PPV to the cage match as a rib, since it exposed him so much.

Did anyone else find that Flair Family breakup sment to be really weird? It felt partly forced and partly like Charlotte was really emotionally invested and dealing with issues. Also Ric's nose in the ring looked like he was f'ing drunk. Just really, really weird.

There's nothing wrong with being the next Cena, as in hated by the most vocal/hardcore fans and yet the top babyface to kids/casuals/families/women. They need someone to take the top spot from Cena and Reigns is going to be that guy. All that vocal Cena hate didn't do anything to stop him from being far and away the biggest money maker for WWE over the past decade and it's not going to stop Reigns.

Despite how many people want to say "No one likes him!" he's either the top 2 or 3 merchandise seller, gets positive reactions on house shows and while he isn't getting solidly positive reactions on TV now it's less solidly negative and trending more towards the split 50/50 Cena type reactions.

Here's a crazy idea. Why don't they try to find a guy who appeals to all segments of their audience? I don't know too much about the priorities for kids/casuals/families/women but would venture to guess anyone getting Reigns' level of push would do well among that group of fans. I don't know if you can say they were any more predisposed to like him than some other random wrestler prior to his monster push.

Was he leading merch sales before they strapped a rocket to his ass? And how have the ratings been since he took over as champion (can probably go back to Survivor Series for that)? I haven't followed them so I'm curious if he's making a difference in that regard.

I SO want Jericho to win it. Just another heat magnet for this fucking awesome character revamp he's created. I don't give two fucks about his werkrate , he's the best heel going.

I'm with Johnny , but have Jericho fail on the cash in and let it be his swan song.

I SO want Jericho to win it. Just another heat magnet for this fucking awesome character revamp he's created. I don't give two fucks about his werkrate , he's the best heel going.

I'm with Johnny , but have Jericho fail on the cash in and let it be his swan song.

I'll hop on board this bandwagon because winning the title via cash in is such a lame and overdone way for the title to change hands now. And Jericho wouldn't be hurt by a failed cash in like some of the other guys would.

Having a Money in the Bank match with mostly "new era" guys only to have Jericho win and ultimately fail to cash in seems like a colossal waste. Especially when they are going to need to elevate some guys to fill 5 hours of TV a week with a split roster.

Having a Money in the Bank match with mostly "new era" guys only to have Jericho win and ultimately fail to cash in seems like a colossal waste. Especially when they are going to need to elevate some guys to fill 5 hours of TV a week with a split roster.

If Reigns is going to lose the title it shouldn't be by some lame ass MITB cash in. Wouldn't actually defeating him elevate someone more than the same old tired shit we've seen for a decade now?

So The WHOLE REASON they are going with two champions is because they need someone to cash in Money in the Bank this year? They have absolutely no other possible motivations for creating a second title?

Their main focus the last two years is to keep Roman strong, and the whole gimmick is that the MITB is pretty much a guaranteed title win. There's no reason for them to create a second title (and thereby risk recreating the main issue that sunk the brand split the last time) unless they wanted another belt for the briefcase holder to win

Pretty sure I mentioned earlier this week (or last) that I don't think they want Reigns to lose via cash in *again*. I was thinking how they were going to get around that and bam Wednesday morning they announce the split. Assuming Owens wins (and I agree it may be so obvious now they might change it up) I don't see them ever putting him over Reigns. Now they have a second option. Probably better for whoever gets the case