Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-03-04-CMLL] Kamaitachi vs Dragon Lee

GOTNW

I think these two have had an amazing series of wonderful matches. Some people have described those matches as spotfests and frankly, there is a lot of truth in that. What I think made the matches work is that:

-they sold a lot inbetween the spots and gave you time for their insanity to sink in

-they did a wonderful job of using learned psychology and constantly added new moves and counters

-and finally, the spots and sequences themselves were just mind-blowing

This match was a reminder that they are 21 and 26 and just a few years into their careers. While they added a couple of new ideas they kind of hit a wall in terms of how what they could do and relied heavily on the insanity aspect of it to carry the match. Their good traits didn't suddenly disappear-in fact it's what I think allowed this match to be as good as it was-but I'm pretty sure I've seen every singles match they've had, including the lightning ones. That's, what, eight of them BEFORE this one? A big part of what made a lot of their matches work is that I didn't know exactly how much it would take for them to go down because they were constantly changing things so much. By this one I kind of had a feel on how much it would take, and something like the counter to Kamaitachi's ramp Dropkick gradually went from being an amazing counter to something I didn't really mind much and was a footnote in my nitpick to something that I just shrug at here. Don't get me wrong-I did enjoy the insanity in this one a lot-but it's a good thing these two will be seperated for a while now. They've done all they could against one another at this point in their careers. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2016-03-04-CMLL] Kamaitachi vs Dragon Lee