Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-12-13-WWF-Smackdown] Jeff Hardy vs Test

GOTNW

Jeff seems to be pretty good at creating momentum and space for his stuff which is one of the most important things for a WWE babyface. The Whisper In The Wind is a pretty logical counter to have with common irish whips are in WWE. It's like Choshu's Backdrop counter to the Headlock-I can see why some would dislike it but guys are going to go for it in every match so might as well have a ready counter for it. I do need to think of a way to explain how Triple H's Back Body Drop counter is different. Test is a guy whom you see discussion about in terms of missed opportunities, being screwed over by the Triple H-Stephanie real life relationship etc. but I don't remember actually hearing an opinion about him as a worker. I liked the Clothesline cut off to Jeff's jump off the barricade, his Big Boot looked good and he hit the ref with a pretty good right hand. Thumbs up! **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2001-12-13-WWF-Smackdown] Jeff Hardy vs Test
  • 1 year later...

So this took place right after the Hardy's broke up and Matt dumped Lita. Test is getting a sorta push as he had immunity after the Survivor series. Match wasn't much except to put over Test and he did a good job. I didn't remember Test feuding with Earl Hebner or his feud with Rock who makes the seave for Hebner after the match.