Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-02-13-TNA-Against All Odds] Jeff Hardy vs Abyss

GOTNW

Look-I'm giving Jeff Hardy's first TNA run a shot. I like trainwrecks.

"Full Metal Mayhem" screams "we wanted to do a TLC match but WWE copyrighted that". This is a garbage match in TNA, is there an unnecessary additional stipulation that accomplishes nothing? You bet there is! I didn't expect this to make sense and it met my expectations, it had the obvious setting up of spots I feared and Hardy even won a ladder-assisted test of strength against Abyss. Lots of walking around that doesn't look like fighting or them fighting while wasted. I'm sure Jeff Hardy vs. Jerry Estrada would've been a classic though. The Twist Of Fate on the floor was embarrassingly looking bad and I'm sure I could pick this apart if I cared enough to do that. Hardy is a maniac that will take insane bumps which prevented this from totally sucking. **

• 6 months later...

Hardy truly has looked like shit since he debuted in TNA. Sloppy look, super-sloppy work. I don't get the appeal, like, at all. Abyss has proven he can have very good or even better matches with the right opponents, but with Hardy he has no chance. Shit match with Hardy being easily one of the worst worker in the company (the same company that has a bunch of indierrific green-ass guys and washed up fuckers like Konnan).

• GSR changed the title to [2005-02-13-TNA-Against All Odds] Jeff Hardy vs Abyss
  • 5 months later...

This felt like it was built around a dumb bump that wasn't even all that dumb? Don West screams about Hardy jumping from the top of a building, but we've all seen him leap from way higher ladders than that set (credit to them doing a good job of shooting it to emphasize the height as well as possible). 

The two envelope gimmick is pretty dumb, too, although I guess it's an easy way to do a false finish. 

Oh, I wrote the first bit before I saw the final table bump, which Hardy doesn't even sell? Just so weird.