Pro Wrestling Only

[1983-04-04-CWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Fabulous Ones vs The Moondogs

Superstar Sleeze

AWA Southern Tag Team Champions Fabulous Ones vs Moondaogs -Memphis 4/4/83

They start hot and heavy as there is no love loss between these two teams. The Moondogs not only bloodied the Fabs, but they also tore their coats bequeathed to them by the Fabulous Jackie Fargo. Russell does a great job putting over the shame the Fabs felt having to tell the legendary Jackie Fargo what happened. I love the Moondogs' gimmick of being hillbilly caevman carrying around a giant dinosaur bone. The Fabs are all business. No monkeying around, just fists and kicking ass. I like the Moondog with the longer hair and the bigger beard the best. Really good stooge. Double teaming by Moondogs turns it in their favor. Lane is great at selling, but always peppering in those kicks and strikes to let you know he is there. Keirn is great in the same way; he does not let his partner twist in the wind. The Moondogs are very energetic and really fun clubbering offense. (loved the headbutts) Lane dives on their double clothesline attempt. Keirn is a fucking awesome house of fire. He throws a great fist. He really tears into the Moondogs, but falls prey to a bone shot and the Fabs lose the match to a really flat crowd response. No boos. Weird.

Really enjoyable, standard southern tag. Feisty and energetic, which is how I like it, but no one spot stands out. Just very good wrestling. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1983-04-04-CWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Fabulous Ones vs The Moondogs