Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-04-24-DDT] HARASHIMA vs Kazusada Higuchi

GOTNW

Another neat HARASHIMA title match. I really like the way he uses matwork to establish the pace of his matches and the matwork itself is always interesting, I can't really think of a proper comparison for it. He demolishes Higuchi's leg here, kicking away at it and twisting it in all sorts of ways. Higuchi looked good as well, he did a solid job of selling the damage and had some great power spots which was enough for HARASHIMA to get them to a very strong match. HARASHIMA is probably the best ace in Japan right now. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2016-04-24-DDT] HARASHIMA vs Kazusada Higuchi
  • 2 years later...

Excellent match. HARASHIMA had two great stretches of offence - him picking apart Higuchi’s knee and his comeback in the end. HARASHIMA was great on the mat, taking Higuchi’s base away from him initially. Loved him digging the point of the elbow into the patella as it reminded me of Billy Robinson teaching his students to put the elbow into the side of the shin for extra pain. Higuchi didn't really sell it initially as they were trying to put him over as a monster, along with him no selling headbutting the post, which was an awesome spot btw, but in the finish, as HARASHIMA there wicked kicks to the knee, it got better. ****