Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-05-20-PWG-Prince] Kamaitachi vs Michael Elgin

GOTNW

Fun match. Lots of PWG matches feel like they go too fast, it's just ZOOM ZOOM from start till the finish. This one wasn't like that, though it felt like some of it was more due to awkwardness and unfamiliarity than it being planned out-Elgin's elevated stunner looked terrible and Kamaitachi's apron dropkick didn't connect properly. What I like about Kamaitachi is that, despite esentially being a workrate junior there are elements of the wrestling I love in his work. There were some fun spots here based on Elgin overpowering him or catching him in mid air and what I liked about the faux fighting spirit strike exchange I usually loathe in a PWG match is that Kamaitachi kept cutting Elgin off before he finally hit the big Lariat, that's something you'll see in a 90s All Japan tag and it's great that he *gets* something like that. Elgin here looked more like the guy I never wanted New Japan to bring in than the guy that had some surprisingly good performances in the G1, with his input mainly being move move move. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-05-20-PWG-Prince] Kamaitachi vs Michael Elgin