Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-07-19-Central States] Ric Flair vs Harley Race

Superstar Sleeze

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair vs Harley Race - Central States 7/19/84

It is really cool to see Harley wrestle in front of his home territory in Kansas City. This has to be the best match from Central States we have. What else do we have? Some Sheikh has a bounty on Race's head and Missing Link is out to do a number on Race, who is bleeding before the match. The first about 9 minutes are clipped. We get the last eight minutes or so. It is clipped to Flair bleeding on the outside. Harley is kicking ass with uppercuts and grabs a sleeper just as Flair is about to go out his trick knee acts up and it is a ballshot. Nice little firefight breaks out. I like Harley the brawler way better than Harley the spot artist. Piledriver and is actually a pretty convincing nearfall. They crack heads and Harley takes a tumble over the top. I really like the spot with Flair charging hard at Harley on the apron, Harley blocks and clobbers Flair. They should do that more. Flair with the Ode to Harley bump off the kneelift makes me laugh. There is some miscommunication on the press slam from the top that makes them repeat the spot. Harley hits a suplex, but here is the Missing Link. Entertaining match. Didn't see enough to rank, but I don't see this getting over ****, but I would like to see it in full. The brawling was top notch. The finish was weak with press slam miscommunication and then a suplex draws out the Missing Link put the piledriver in that spot. You want people to feel robbed. Still it was an enjoyable 15 minutes with the Missing Link beatdown in the beginning.

• GSR changed the title to [1984-07-19-Central States] Ric Flair vs Harley Race