Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-07-14-LLE] Rush vs L.A. Park

GOTNW

Well this was something else. I liked them starting the match off with brawling on the ramp as that's something a lot of matches I like do in CMLL but then there was a portion where they kind of, uhm.......just kinda walked around without much intent to hurt each other and it felt like the type of Attitude Era brawls stuff that also had insanely hot crowds but wasn't any good. Then they just started killing each other and I was all in. cubsfan described the weapon thrown as a wooden cooler-which sounds pretty insane but I have no idea what it was so let's run with it. It was nice to see blood in Arena Mexico once again and that, combined with the insane crowd heat really made it feel like a special match. The no-finish actually helped-as fans became furious and started throwing garbage into the ring-only for Rush and Park to continue brawling to even louder reactions. Park being an old fat dude also adds a sense of danger any time he goes for a move like a dropkick or a dive. ****1/4

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure exactly what the fuck Liga Elite is, but god bless whatever they are for this bit of glorious spectacle. CMLL doesn't do this stuff anymore, and I am not sure what the ramifications are going to be, but this was Rush and LA PARK having an old fashioned blood soaked lucha brawl. This would have been right at home with Sangre Chicana or Perro Aguayo and I am so happy to see the floors of the birthplace of lucha libre covered in pools of blood again. They rip into each other on the ring apron and it keeps going like that for the whole match, parts of it have the frantic intensity of Necro v. Joe. Rush goes and grabs a metal footlocker and they hurl it at each others heads. At one point the ref just bails the fuck out of there, the crowd starts tossing trash and Park and Rush keep killing each other. This may have killed the promotion, maybe both guys get suspended, I dunno, but I loved every sweet second.

• 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2016-07-14-LLE] Rush vs L.A. Park