Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

I've been a big fan of fantasy booking and I have tried to get back into it, but I am unmotivated without the team project that was the 1983 game.

I could join up on the '83 game, but it has become something that is of no interest to me. I'm glad people are into it, but the original idea was unsustainable. Due to time period, mostly.

What am I proposing?

A similar project to the 1983 project, but set in a year between 1996 to 2000. That way you only need three players that have to do weekly tv and a monthly major show in WWF, WCW, and ECW. The rest of the players can have small indies that either do weekly TV or a show once a month. That way there can be more casual and serious players involved in the project.

Is there any interest in this? I have ideas for rules and such, but I won't go into that unless we get at least two others (I can take any of the major three).

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far...

Scarlet-Left = WCW

I Broke Bruno's Neck = WWF

Grimmas = ECW

Wahoo's Leg = ???

Lots of options for time period.

Weekly TV promotions:

USWA is available whenever we start (95-2000)

SMW is available if we start in 1995.

WWC is available whenever we start (95-2000)

Monthly show promotions:

IWA-MS is available if we start in 96-2000.

APW is available whenever we start (95-2000)
CZW is available if we start in 99-2000.

JAPW is available if we start 97-2000.

OMEGA is available if we start 97-2000.

Of course other indies starting up is no big deal.

One thing I want is for people to play for the promotion they have. If you are WCW/WWF you are the big time. If you are ECW you are the up and coming promotion. If you are an Indy, you are an Indy. Don't really want Hogan in OMEGA or WWF pushing Low Ki in 2000 as their Champion or anything.

Of course I would love to start with a draft, probably Sept 1st. How talent moves around is something that needs discussion as well. In 83 most promotions are equal, so trades, re-drafts make sense. In the late 90's, there is no way IWA-MS is stealing talent from the WWF. Will have to figure it out.

I'm down for an indy (kinda like the idea of being the springboard to fame for various people), but would Japan be an option?

Japan would be an option, however there is a LOT of promotions in Japan. So, we'd need a few more players to want to do that as well.

You'd need AJPW, NJPW atleast covered. Probably a big other company as well.

Other thing is tours and how the booking would look like there, but that's a separate issues. More interest is needed to expand out that far.

Too much on my plate right now with the 1983 Project but I'm gonna definitely give those shows a read. Maybe later if one of the big 3 becomes available. I'm not really in the know about the monthly indies or SMW/WWC/USWA at that time.

With the draft, I'm sure those indies will be filled with the Godwinns and Smoking Gunns.

It looks like Wahoo's Leg might be picking our starting point, based on what promotion he wants.

Once he does, we can hash out rules (I have some cool stealing talent ideas) and I can make roster lists.

I do think, because the promotions are on tiers (WCW/WWF, ECW/USWA/SMW, others) that we should protect more than one person to start.

I'm thinking for protection, everybody gets their owner and then the below for whatever time period we are starting with.

Tier 1: WCW/WWF

Protect 4 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 3 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 2: USWA/SMW/ECW

Protect 3 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 2 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Protect 3 pieces of talent.

Of course, you have the option to not protect anyone.

All I want in these protections is to avoid anything insane like Randy Savage headlining a once a month small indie. Are people in agreement with that, or is that me being too picky?

Too much on my plate right now with the 1983 Project but I'm gonna definitely give those shows a read. Maybe later if one of the big 3 becomes available. I'm not really in the know about the monthly indies or SMW/WWC/USWA at that time.

With the draft, I'm sure those indies will be filled with the Godwinns and Smoking Gunns.

You're almost tempting me to get in just to have them work deathmatches in CZW for shits and giggles.

I would be open but need some help. I know almost nothing about the Indies. Would it be possible to do Southern States Wrestling which opened up in 1991 and was also in Kingsport,TN. I do not want to step on anyone's toes and that might be two close to Smoky Mountain. If someone who knows more than me could recommend a Southern Wrastlin Style indy I would be up for that.