Pro Wrestling Only

The Rulebook

Grimmas

Rules - The Initial Draft

Here is my ideas for rules. I am completely up for modifying and improving them, but this can set a basis.

Start Date: September 1, 1995 (September 1, 2016)

Following the 1995 calendar, but post on the 2016 calendar.

Pre-Draft:

1) You keep the owner and the announcers and other equivalent staff.

2) You get to keep three pieces of talent from the 1995 roster (4 pieces of talent for Tier A promotions).

Tiers:

1) Promotions will be treated in blocks, by tiers

Tier A: WWF, WCW, AJPW, NJPW

Tier B: ECW, FMW, UWFi

Tier C: SMW, USWA, M-Pro,

Tier D: ECWA, RevPro

The Draft:

1) Round #1 will start with a randomized list of the Tier A promotions, followed by Tier B, Tier C and Tier D. After round 1, each even number round will be randomized for all promotions and the odd rounds will be snaked from the previous round.

2) There will be three lists of talent to pick from: The USA list, the Japan list, and the Other list. If you are a USA promotion you can select from the USA or Other list, while if you are a Japan promotion, then you can pick from the Japan and Other list.

3) You only draft 5 talent that was not born in the country of the promotion you control.

4) Roster Size (Includes anyone draft-able ie managers)

Tier A: 22-44

Tier B: 18-28

Tier C: 16-26

Tier D: 14-24

(Options to have larger rosters is available for indies big shows and Japan touring companies)

5) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP.

6) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick. Although, feel free to pick only one member of a tag team.

7) Only Tier A promotions can select wrestlers with stars next to their name. (example Hogan is not going to M-Pro.

The Talent and Booking:

1) Keep in mind who your owner is when booking (ie if Giant Baba is your owner, there is no run ins and all clean finishes)

2) Book the amount of shows that you want. If you are a promotion that runs TV, then one show a week is all you need. If you are a smaller indie you can run only a show a month if you want.

3) Try to post shows on the day they occur. Obviously life happens, but it's better to just say "Raw ran this date, nothing of note happened) then to fall weeks and months behind.

4) You can fire anyone at any time. However you can only sign one free agent (or book one for a show/tour) once every 24 hours.

5) If you are a touring company, you can add as many free agents for your tour that no one else can use or get them loaned to you from other companies.

6) If you are a Tier B, C or D promotion, you can add free agents for a mega show as long as they aren't booked out on tours.

7) Every few months there will be a rookie draft where only Tier C & D promotions can participate in.

8) You are limited to having only 35% of your roster consist of wrestlers not born in your home area.

Stealing Talent:

1) Since it's the Monday Night Wars, the US promotions will have a stealing system. If a wrestler is not used on TV or PPV for an entire month by a Tier A promotion, then the other Tier A promotion can steal that talent. If that wrestler is not used again for another week the Tier B promotion can steal them.

2) Every month the Tier A & B promotions will rotate through one attempt to steal a talent (ie WCW one month, WWF next, and ECW the one after, followed by WCW again). The player can pick one talent from an equal sized or lower tiered promotion to steal. A die will determine if they are successful or not.

If the talent you want to steal is on the same tier and is top 6 for that company, then the player selects one number between 1 and 12. Two dice are rolled if that number comes up, they get the talent.

If the talent you want to steal any other talent then the player selects one number between 1 and 6. A die is rolled if that number comes up, they get the talent.

Also I reckon their should be a tier 4, ECWA isn't on USWA's level, Memphis is still running 3 plus shows a week at this point..

Yeah... ECWA and RevPro should really be on a fourth tier, I will change that.

Why not be able to move up? ECW moved up, ROH moved up.

Somewhat hard to move up when the game is structured not to move up.

I think it should be a request to move up system. If you have run the promotion for 6 months and want to move up, request it and it will probably be approved.

Tier A: tv, ppvs, national

Tier B: tv, almost ppvs, run in different parts of the country

Tier C: tv, run in a territory

Tier D: monthly shows only

So, ECW, by this model, turns into Tier A in 1997.. so yeah, we'd have to come up with specifics, but it should be possible. Just not right away, and not skipping steps. USWA is not going to be on par with the WWF within a month or anything.

By that same token, promotions could get smaller too.

Could it be helpful for certain people to have the booking characteristics of owners (like Giant Baba, Inoki, etc)? Just in case some new people would join later? No problem if not but I thought I'd ask.

Everybody should keep the owner in mind for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on the free agency thing.

I think rookies should still be Tier C-D draft.. will make a list for newcomers from that for future months.

As for free agents, making a list similar to the draft list where it lists

Wrestler (Tiers Available, regions available, whether they are a free agent or just available for bookings).

I really think, just first come first serve for free agents and bookings. Why make it more complicated?

So yeah, you still have roster limits set before (and 35% of foreign talent limit). Outside of that, people can just sign up the free agents.

As for tour bookings or indies booking super shows, same thing, just first come first serve. Maybe put a one tour limit for picking up people for tours, though. AJPW shouldn't be claiming free agents for tours 3 months from now, when others might want to sign them.

If you are at the roster limit, you can just fire someone and they become a free agent.

Also, we can drop people down tiers if they stay on free agency for too long.

Returning stars might want to a draft though.. not sure, what do you folks think of that and the other thoughts I posted?

Might it be worth considering placing (for example) a one-rookie, one free-agent limit for the first, say, ten hours or even 24 hours? It would serve two purposes: 1) gives everyone a chance/prevents right-time-right-place guys (like me) from snapping up everyone good, and 2) it limits the chances/temptation for someone to turn over a huge chunk of their roster in mid-stream.

Might it be worth considering placing (for example) a one-rookie, one free-agent limit for the first, say, ten hours or even 24 hours? It would serve two purposes: 1) gives everyone a chance/prevents right-time-right-place guys (like me) from snapping up everyone good, and 2) it limits the chances/temptation for someone to turn over a huge chunk of their roster in mid-stream.

Like that.