Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

I figured would could go here for any talk on the draft.

Love the tiered system and love the tiered draft availability.

New Japan has some serious options there at number one... Could Hogan return to New Japan? Could they steal Hansen from All Japan? Could he go after some highly sought after Japanese talent?

How about WWF? Who will they look to pick up from the scraps from WCW? Will Savage return to the WWF like he was always rumored to do? Could Steve Austin make that immediate jump before the time is right?

How about All Japan? With its rich history of Gaijin workers, how will the cap let them fare? Do they go straight for the Americans or do they try to keep their own? Will Hansen or Williams return? Could they do the unthinkable and bring in Fujinami?

Then there is WCW... they let the golden goose go with Hogan but it appears as though they have a different path to greatness. Could it include the Excellence of Execution? If the smart money is right... he will be there for the taking. How about someone like Kevin Nash? Could he jump over at the height of his popularity and even bring the title with him? Could Steve Austin fall to WCW as a chance for them to rebuild what could have been?

Boys this is going to be an exciting couple of rounds of action... how will the chips begin to fall? New Japan is on the clock!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So probably only one pick tonight, will be a busier tomorrow.

Probably don't want to jump over Bruno's pick if you are next in line, we did start without warning.

Anyway, Hogan #1 makes sense, especially to NJPW. Hogan vs Mutoh and Hogan vs Chono are good main events to build upon.

I have an issue where I don't know if I have someone worthy of picking first, I have a bunch of people I want like 2-8 rounds. I'm sure a lot of the smaller promotions are in that boat though.

My other big issue is... I don't know what everyone is targeting. I have some folks I really want, but I don't think anybody would actually want to pick them, so do I leave them for a WHILE or do I grab them just in case? I guess we'll see.

So probably only one pick tonight, will be a busier tomorrow.

Probably don't want to jump over Bruno's pick if you are next in line, we did start without warning.

Anyway, Hogan #1 makes sense, especially to NJPW. Hogan vs Mutoh and Hogan vs Chono are good main events to build upon.

I have an issue where I don't know if I have someone worthy of picking first, I have a bunch of people I want like 2-8 rounds. I'm sure a lot of the smaller promotions are in that boat though.

My other big issue is... I don't know what everyone is targeting. I have some folks I really want, but I don't think anybody would actually want to pick them, so do I leave them for a WHILE or do I grab them just in case? I guess we'll see.

Yeah, we're pretty much all in that same boat. We have a pretty good idea of who to target but sometimes another promotion can just snatch one or two guys away and it changes our plans. Best thing is to just go with the flow.

Hogan is a great pick for New Japan I think. I worry a little about his willingness to do jobs for Mutoh & Chono and whatever other guys are picked up. But that's the issue with grabbing Hogan in 1995. I'm interested to see where this goes though because Hulk always had his working boots on in Japan. I demand at least one Hogan & Liger tag team appearance so they can do dueling posing routines.

Grimmas, I'm fascinated by who you pick first because it will likely determine just how angry I am tomorrow on my lunch break. There are 4 guys I'm targeting with my first pick and with 4 Japanese promotion picks in front of me, its very possible I'll miss out on all of them. There are a bunch of different directions you can go in which leads you to be the total wildcard in Japan. I absolutely anticipate spite drafting John Tenta in like the 6th round after you grab a couple of my guys :)

Hogan is a great pick for New Japan I think. I worry a little about his willingness to do jobs for Mutoh & Chono and whatever other guys are picked up. But that's the issue with grabbing Hogan in 1995. I'm interested to see where this goes though because Hulk always had his working boots on in Japan. I demand at least one Hogan & Liger tag team appearance so they can do dueling posing routines.

Grimmas, I'm fascinated by who you pick first because it will likely determine just how angry I am tomorrow on my lunch break. There are 4 guys I'm targeting with my first pick and with 4 Japanese promotion picks in front of me, its very possible I'll miss out on all of them. There are a bunch of different directions you can go in which leads you to be the total wildcard in Japan. I absolutely anticipate spite drafting John Tenta in like the 6th round after you grab a couple of my guys :)

Stay away from fat and death match guys and I will stay away from shooters. Deal?

FMW is in flux at this point with Onita leaving and Arai wanting to focus more on sports entertainment then death matches.. so yeah, I have a bunch of ideas out there, not sure where I am going.