Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

M-Pro needs all juniors. NJPW is big on Jrs. FMW had a Jrs division, but never focused on them, so I may have to just cut my loses and ignore them. UWFi had Sano as a centerpiece. AJPW had Jrs but never did much with them, so they may cut their loses too.

It will be interesting, juniors are a big wild card in Japan. Especially if WCW wants to go with cruiserweights six months early too.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it is guaranteed to be the guy I want. I already know it. There are 4 guys I have my eye on with my first pick but only one that I REALLY want and I'm certain he won't be there.

"Uh yes, Mr Baba, this is Nobuhiko Takada. How many jobs to Misawa would it take for a pick swap?" :)

I know I poked out getting Owen to go with Bret, but Luger makes a lot of sense. This WCW roster is becoming something to behold if it continues at this pace. I am interested to see what happens with the 2nd round and how some of those A/Bs will be picked and possibly go to smaller promotions than they were. I envision the WWF and WCW getting raided but creating some new stars out of all of it.

The Austin thing seems like way too much foresight to me. Even AFTER his ECW run, he was brought in to WWF to be a mechanic in a gimmick they had come up with independent of him.

Austin isn't going to be a ringmaster or 3:16 in my version.

It's not what you are doing with him, it's the fact Steve Austin would be such a high pick in September 1995. Nobody would pick him that high, especially with such talent on the board.

Whatever you do with him though, remember he is injured and can't wrestle till sometime in November.

The Austin thing seems like way too much foresight to me. Even AFTER his ECW run, he was brought in to WWF to be a mechanic in a gimmick they had come up with independent of him.

It's not what you are doing with him, it's the fact Steve Austin would be such a high pick in September 1995. Nobody would pick him that high, especially with such talent on the board.

Whatever you do with him though, remember he is injured and can't wrestle till sometime in November.

Austin could do other things until then, correct?

Promos, but too injured to wrestle.

Promos, but too injured to wrestle.

See, picking Austin is like taking a player in a draft a little high. You know that he's a sure thing, but not polished yet. Within a little while, he's the superstar you know he was going to be. This is suppose to be about building and what better building block there is on the board then Austin?