• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18/09/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Johnson City, Tennessee

Eric Bischoff: "Hello, everyone, and welcome to world championship wrestling!"

Steve McMichael: "Yeah, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: "We're less than a day removed from an explosive Fall Brawl, but this is Monday Nitro, and it waits for no man!"

Steve McMichael: "I wish I could've been there, man, but I take solace in the fact that I've got a front-row seat for Monday Nitro, every single week."

Eric Bischoff: "I'm Eric Bischoff and with, me as ever: this is Steve 'Mongo' McMichael -"

Steve McMichael: "- this is Pepe."

Eric Bischoff: "Aha. And we are joined by the WCW president Bobby Heenan!"

Bobby Heenan: "..."

Eric Bischoff: "A successful show for you, then, last night?"

Bobby Heenan: "Oh, yeah. Buy-rate's through the roof, billions of dollars. We're going places, Eric."

Eric Bischoff: "That's good to hear. And, now, we've got a championship match to kick things off."

Opening Match: Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) defeat the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) in thirteen minutes and thirty seven seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "We've got to take a quick break now but don't go anywhere because there's loads more action to come; we've got round two of the united states title tournament."

Bobby Heenan: "I don't know why I let the championship committee talk me into a tournament. I should've just awarded the title to Luger, since it's a forgone conclusion that he's win -"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: The Giant pins Jackie Fulton in five minutes and eleven seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "So now we know, the Giant will face the winner of our main event - could be Lex Luger, could be the Patriot - for the united states championship on Saturday night."

Bobby Heenan: "He'll face Luger, and lose."

Steve McMichael: "Oh, he might face Luger, but he sure ain't losing. This guy's torn through everyone he's faced so far."

Bobby Heenan: "That's cute."

Eric Bischoff: "Next up, we're gonna' take a look at what went down, last night!"

A video plays detailing the defecation of Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman to Flair's War Games team, and the subsequent resurrection of the four horsemen.

Eric Bischoff: "Truly despicable."

Steve McMichael: "You know, it took a whole of heart for the Patriot to keep going like he did."

Bobby Heenan: "If by keep going, you mean crawl around in pain and cry for mommy then... yeah, I guess it does take a lot... something... to embarrass yourself in front of some eight thousand people like that."

Eric Bischoff: "Okay, we've got 'Mean' Gene Okerlund in the back. What've you got for us, Gene?"

Gene Okerlund: "Sting, if I may, I'd like to get your comments on what happened at Fall Brawl."

Sting looks distracted, he's fidgeting.

Sting: "Uh... yeah, no, it was... it was -no, screw it!"

He gets closer to the camera, Gene struggles to manoeuvre the mic back up to Sting's chest.

Sting: "Bobby Heenan, I'm pleading with you. You gotta' call off this match. The Patriot's hurt he can't wrestle tonight. You gotta' postpone his fight with Luger."

Gene Okerlund: "Any further comments on the War Games?"

Sting: "No."

He walks off.

Gene Okerlund: "Well... back to you then... Eric Bischoff."

Bobby Heenan: "..."

Eric Bischoff: "Any response to that, Brain?"

Bobby Heenan: "Bah."

Eric Bischoff: "Right, well, we were expecting that interview to go on a little while longer... do we? Can we get something cued up?"

A video plays, advertising the basics of Halloween Havoc; Ric Flair will be there, to defend his belt, it's on October twenty ninth at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bobby Heenan is in the ring when we return, he's got a mic and is being heckled by the crowd, much to his delight.

Bobby Heenan: "I have announcement to make, uh... it can wait, if you'd like? ... I don't mind, I can just stand around... read the phone-book, yeah? ... Settle down. Anyway, I have an announcement: the Battle Bowl returns, along with the Lethal Lottery, on October the twenty ninth at Halloween Havoc. The firs name in the tumbler is the Giant. More will be added as and when they prove themselves. And, as for -"

Sting legs it to the ring.

Bobby Heenan: "What do you want? Back off!"

Sting is talking to him, but Heenan's mic isn't picking it up; he's very animated, pleading.

Bobby Heenan: "No. I've got a main event. It's set... for - it's set - for tonight and Saturday."

A crewman tosses Sting a mic of his own.

Sting: "I can sub for the Patriot. I can take on Luger, you'll still have your main event!"

Bobby Heenan: "But it ain't just tonight, is it? We've got the tournament finals on Saturday."

Sting: "You can still have your finals, Bobby. You can still have your finals."

Bobby Heenan: "Oh, what, you think you should be added back into the tournament? Take the Patriot's place? Or... do you think that if you beat Luger, he should get a bye to the finals? What is it?"

Sting: "No, you can have Luger face Patriot some other day, between now and Saturday. But he's not good for tonight, he's still hurt!"

Bobby Heenan: "Get lost! If he doesn't wanna' fight, he can forfeit the match. You're not subbing in for him."

Sting goes for Heenan, grabbing the lapels of his jacket, having dropped his mic, shouting in Heenan's face before security swarm in and take him to the back. Heenan looks shaken as he leaves the ring.

The Warrior's music plays and he storms to the ring, title in hand. He looks... pumped. He gets tossed a mic.

The Warrior: "There is no time for ceremonies! If I am to be ordained, let it be by fires of combat! Each victory I accrue shall be transferred to this championship, as the gods have bestowed it upon me! My triumphs shall be its own and it shall be a worthy prize once again! Soon, all men will long to be called the television champion of the world, and when one of those men finally takes it from me, all will know he is worthy! That is the true order of things; no imitation, no dirty tricks! I am immune to such things, for I have survived the hellish landscape of the north, where such things are commonplace! Only by matching me in spirit and strength, will any man overcome the Warrior!

So, now, I call forth my first opponent! Any man who things he can dethrone the Warrior, step forth and be annihilated by my hand!"

Third Match: The Warrior pins One Man Gang in one minute and fifteen seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fourth Match: Aja Kong pins Akira Hokuto in fourteen minutes and fifty five seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: "Welcome back, and still to come, we've got the team of Alex Wright and Mascara Magica taking on Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman."

Bobby Heenan: "I have a comment, if I may?"

Eric Bischoff: "Of course."

Bobby Heenan: "I'm speaking officially here: world championship wrestling will not tolerate the mistreatment of its staff by our wrestlers. To that end, I can hereby reveal that Sting has been suspended, for forty-five days, effective immediately."

Eric Bischoff: "Whoa, this big news! Forty five days?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, he'll miss Halloween Havoc an' he won't challenge Flair for the world title."

Eric Bischoff: "And on that bombshell, we take you to the ring."

Pillman starts things off with Magica. Evenly matched at first, Pillman is able to take control when he stoops to underhanded tactics. Once Wright is tagged in, however, thing's become far more competitive. A fun back-and-forth ensues before Arn comes in to turn the tide fully in his team's favour.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Arn is abusing Magica, as we return, and threatening to tear off his mask. Sting rushes down the aisle but makes a beeline for commentary desk. Pillman gets down from the apron to stop him but gets a clothesline for his trouble. Sting is carted away by security before he can do much more than shout at Heenan but the distraction is enough for Wright to get tagged in and get a school boy pin on Arn.

Fifth Match: Mascara Magica & Alex Wright defeat Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman in eighteen minutes and twenty seconds.

Arn and Pillman are furious.

Eric Bischoff: "Wow, okay. Well, we've - well, we've -"

Bobby Heenan: "- yeah, that's right, goodbye, Sting! Yeah, have a nice vacation!"

Eric Bischoff: "It's about time for our main event. I guess it'll have to be on television time remaining.

Bobby Heenan: "It shouldn't take too long. It's Luger we're talking about."

Del puts in a valiant effort, and even gets some shine in the beginning, but he can never capitalise; his right leg keeps giving out on him.

Main Event: Lex Luger pins the Patriot in twelve minutes and twenty three seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "Okay, folks, make sure you're watching TBS this Saturday because we've got two championship matches for you. Aja Kong will challenge Madusa for the women's heavyweight title and, in our main event, we now know it'll be Lex Luger versus the Giant for the US title! You don't wanna' miss it!"

And, we're off the air.

Fun stuff. At least that's my actual OOC response. My IC, both as an Internet nerd and as the WWF will be slightly different. That Four Horsemen squad does seem pretty awesome, even though I'm not sure that tossing your top 2 possibly babyfaces off air for long periods of time (Bret & Sting) is among the best plans. I'm sure you've got an idea though.

23/09/1995
WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Mascara Magica pins Gorgeous George III in six minutes and thirty six seconds.

Video Recap: The commentators talk over clips from Monday Nitro, primarily related to Sting's suspension, they also cover the main event and how it plays into tonight's US title bout.

The women's title match starts with a shoving match, after Kong powers out of a tie-up. The commentators mention that Madusa had specifically requested this match just after Fall Brawl went off the air. Kong is completely dominant during the opening few minutes but Madusa nails a dropkick just before the cut which makes Kong stumble.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kong has regained control by the time we come back, and has Madusa in a sleeper hold. Seconds after the ref comes up to her, however, she finds the strength to go on; adjusting her positioning as well as she can and peppering Kong with elbow strikes to the gut. Once she's free, Madusa runs at Kong for a spear, but fails to bring her opponent down. With Madusa ensnared, Kong delivers a DDT for a count of two and three quarters. Madusa rolls out of the ring to catch her breath, she holds her head and appears dizzy. Kong joins her opponent on the outside but Madusa takes advantage of her as she steps down, assaulting her with a desperate series of forearm strikes. With Kong slightly groggy, Madusa reenters the ring.

In the final stretch, Madusa tries for another spear. This one takes Kong off her feet, presumably because Madusa was able to build up more momentum for it (having come rebounding off the ropes). Madusa knows it won't be enough to put her away so she finishes things off with a frog splash from the top rope. It gets the two, but not much more. Both women take a while to get up but Kong is a little slower, and has her back to her opponent. Madusa takes full advantage, delivering a running kick that sweeps Kong's left leg from under her. Madusa cinches in a pin, after that, with Kong's backside in the air and her shoulders almost vertical to the mat. Kong kicks out at three and a quarter.

Second Match: Madusa pins Aja Kong in fourteen minutes and twenty four seconds.

In-Ring Promo: Flair is with his horsemen, but he does all of the talking; says he's glad that nuisance Sting is out of his hair, claims there'll still be a title match at Halloween Havoc and that he'll "... probably wrestle some chump from Japan, I don't know. I'll ask Bobby...", says Luger will be walking out tonight as US champion, and then his boys Arn and Pillman are going to take the tag titles.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

All of his stablemates accompany Luger to the ring, and stay on the outside working the crowd. The Giant, on the other hand, comes out alone. The opening is fairly standard, with Luger going for several shoulder tackles and encountering nothing but a roadblock each time. A shove rattles Luger and he retreats to ringside where his buddies engage in jolly backslapping. The Giant yells at them, incoherently. Luger heads back into the fray with renewed confidence but just winds up with a hand around his throat. Flair spits at the Giant to get his attention, allowing Luger to knock him off with a kick to the gut. It's at this point that the commentators mention that the president made this a 'no disqualification' bout a few hours ago.

Luger's strikes land and the Giant has trouble countering them but Luger can't get a hold on him because he just keeps powering out. Luger tries to whip him into the ropes put the Giant's going nowhere. Instead, Luger is pulled into a clothesline. The Giant can't get the cover, however, because Flair and Pillman rush in to attack. The ref can do nothing and the commentators have a meltdown. Alexandra York then runs, awkwardly, down to ringside, followed by Slater and Golden. Arn rushes around the ring to join them and has no trouble taking them both down.

In the ring, Luger has now joined the dog pile. Just as Arn looks set to join as well, however, the Giant throws all three men off. Luger stumbles into a corner, Pillman goes flying and Flair falls through the ropes. The Giant manhandles Luger, bringing him into the centre of the ring and thrashing him with an almighty choke-slam. He gets one, two and... no!

Arn knocks the Giant away with a nasty kick to the ribs. He stomps a mudhole in the Giant as York, on the outside, smacking down on the canvas, starts to tear up. At that point, the cavalry arrives; the Patriot, Alex Wright, Mascara Magica and the Fantastics. The latter four keep Flair and Pillman busy and the Patriot throws Arn to the outside before joining them.

Luger crawls over and lays one arm over the Giant. It's good for a count of one.

The Giant ends the match with a power bomb.

Main Event: The Giant pins Lex Luger in ten minutes and thirty seven seconds to become the United States heavyweight champion.

Some post-match brawling ends the show.

25/09/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Florence, South Carolina

Instead of the commentators introducing the show, we're immediately brought down to the ring after a single shot of the crowd. The Horsemen are there; Flair has a mic, and he looks manic, Luger appears surprisingly cheerful, Arn has a fairly blank expression but Pillman can't contain his scowl.

Ric Flair: "Woo!"

The crowd reaction is mixed but Flair is soaking it all in. He's got the big gold belt on his right shoulder, holding the mic in his left hand. Whilst the others are in their ring gear, Flair is in a navy blue suit.

Ric Flair: "Some punks in the back may think they got one over on us, on Saturday. Well, think again! We're... the... four... horsemen! We run this place! Aha."

Cheers and boos, it's all the same to Flair. He breathes it in.

Ric Flair: "Speaking of which... Bobby Heenan! Get out here!"

The president takes quite a while to come down. Flair and Luger pass the time with some backslapping.

Ric Flair: "You mind telling us what happened on Saturday? You let those suckers get involved. Luger left without the belt, Bobby. What kind of company are you running?"

Heenan appears nervous and flustered but he keeps trying to put on a smile.

Bobby Heenan: "We can get Luger a rematch. Tonight, if you want."

Luger doesn't look impressed by that.

Ric Flair: "No, no, no, Bobby. We've got our own plan. Only, we need something from you, to make it work."

Bobby Heenan: "Anything."

Ric Flair: "See, we told everyone that we had our tag champs, in Arn and Pillman, and our US champ in Luger."

Bobby Heenan: "Yes?"

Ric Flair: "Well, that was before we knew the US title picture was filled with cheats and losers -"

Bobby Heenan: "I can't strip the Giant of the belt, the - the board wouldn't let me, we've got too much tied up in him - and the committee's already hounding me for making that match 'no disqualification'. But I can fix things, if you just give me some time."

Ric Flair: "Relax, Bobby. You didn't let me finish."

Bobby Heenan: "Oh - uh - okay."

Ric Flair: "We've decided to rearrange things slightly. See, we still need the tag titles... so, here's what's happening... Luger's gonna' pick them up, with Arn. You need to fast track a title match, Bobby, it's the least you could do for us."

Bobby Heenan: I can get you a number one contenders' match. Tonight."

Ric Flair: "Now we're getting somewhere! We'll take it. But that's not all. Pillman can't come out of this without any gold."

Bobby Heenan: "There's the television title. Warrior's up for fighting anyone."

Ric Flair: "That's a joke title. It doesn't mean anything."

Bobby Heenan: "Uh..."

Ric Flair: "Just think of something... soon."

First Match: the Patriot pins Chris Adams in four minutes and fifty one seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: Bull Nakano & Akira Hokuto defeat Madusa & Malia Hosaka in thirteen minutes and eleven seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: "Welcome back to Monday Nitro!"

Steve McMichael: "There's nowhere I'd rather be. The excitement, Eric, you can feel it in the building, and there's so much more to come."

Eric Bischoff: "Quite right, we've still got great matches coming up, including Alex Wright and Mascara Magica taking on Arn Anderson and Lex Luger. Now, that's a match you just set up earlier in the evening, Brain."

Bobby Heenan: "It's the right call. They're obviously championship material. Might as well skip as many unnecessary steps as possible."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, if they can beat the number one contenders, and that's a big if, they'll have to contend with Harlem Heat."

Bobby Heenan: "I don't think the result can be in any doubt. They're winning tonight, and they're snatching up the belts as soon as they get the chance."

Eric Bischoff: "Well, we've got 'Mean' Gene Okerlund, ready to talk with someone who might have a thing or two to say about that. Over to you, Gene."

Okerlund is in the back with Sherri Martel. Her clients are behind her, and they look like they're ready to kill somebody.

Gene Okerlund: "Well, you've heard it from the horseman's mouth. Flair says Arn Anderson and Lex Luger are the next world tag team champions. Your thoughts?"

Sherri Martel: "Talking's easy, my boys are here to fight."

Gene Okerlund: "The horsemen are no strangers to confrontation themselves."

Sherri Martel: "They're no strangers to ganging up on people, you're right... or stabbing 'em in the back. You saw what happened at War Games."

Gene Okerlund: "I saw your clients ganging up on Sting and the Patriot with the Horsemen."

Sherri Martel: "Oh, certainly. They used a scumbag tactic, but we were there to win."

Gene Okerlund: "So you didn't approve?"

Sherri Martel: "It ain't approval. I'm just pointing out a fact. When it comes down to it, they can't handle a two on two fight."

Gene Okerlund: "There you have it, Eric. No matter who wins tonight, I'd say, they've got a tough time ahead of them if they want the tag team titles."

Eric Bischoff: "Yes, we're... we're going to ringside now."

Third Match: The Warrior pins King Kong Bundy in three minutes and two seconds.

Eric Bischoff: "An excellent match-up. Now, Brain, I'm aware you've got some news for us."

Bobby Heenan: "Yes, I've made some changes to the main event. We'll have the Giant defending his US title against Brian Pillman."

Steve McMichael: "I've got a feeling' he'll have even worse luck than Luger."

Bobby Heenan: "Shut up!"

Fourth Match: Arn Anderson & Lex Luger defeat Alex Wright & Mascara Magica in twenty four minutes and forty seven seconds (including one commercial break).

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Okerlund has his arm held awkwardly toward the camera, his expression is one of mild annoyance. After two seconds of weird silence, an off-screen crewman mutters something and Okerlund's face snaps into a smile as York walks on screen with the Giant behind her.

Gene Okerlund: "Your client is in the main event tonight, against Brian Pillman. What are your thoughts?"

Alexandra York: "Well, Bobby - ahem - well, Gene, it's simple."

Gene Okerlund: "How so?"

Alexandra York: "The Giant will crush Brian Pillman. He was not mind aware that he would be competing tonight but he didn't need to be. He's always ready and always able to fight."

Gene Okerlund: "If I might ask, where is his united states championship?"

Alexandra York: "He does not need to carry around a piece of metal to be the champion, Gene."

Gene Okerlund: "Interesting, and now we -"

The Giant grabs the mic, shoves the two aside and shouts directly into the camera.

The Giant: "I'm the champion! Brian Pillman, I'm a million times stronger than you will ever be!"

Eric Bischoff: "Bobby, you have yet more announcements to make?"

Bobby Heenan: "Are the graphics ready?"

Heenan looks up beyond the camera, shifting his eyes from side to side before nodding.

Bobby Heenan: "Well, it's going down like this. We've got a Battle Bowl to get to."

Eric Bischoff: "An amazing match-type."

Bobby Heean: "We're holding the lottery next week, and we've got the names."

Eric Bischoff: "This should be interesting."

Bobby Heenan: "Well, first off, we've got the Giant."

Eric Bischoff: "Yep, we knew about that one."

Bobby Heenan: "Well, he'd have been in it, anyway, on account of his US title win. Anyone with a championship as of today - they're all in."

Eric Bischoff: "Including Flair?"

Bobby Heenan: "Uh, no. It excludes the world champion. He'll be defending his title at Halloween Havoc. It's unfair to put him in the Battle Bowl, as well."

Eric Bischoff: "Who's he facing?"

Bobby Heenan: "I'm getting to that! I've gotta' run through the names for the lottery, first."

Eric Bischoff: "Alright, so, the Warrior?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, he's in. Along with the tag champs."

Eric Bischoff: "Ooh, that'll be interesting. There's a slim chance they'll stay together, but it's more likely they'll get split up."

Steve McMichael: "It'll be interesting to say how well they do without each other. What if one of 'em gets into the Battle Bowl, and the other comes up short?"

Eric Bischoff: "An excellent question."

Steve McMichael: "What if they have to compete against each other before the Bowl?"

Eric Bischoff: "That's a possibility."

Bobby Heenan: "Right, then we've got Madusa."

Eric Bischoff: "A woman?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah it's just how York wrote up the contract. We assume she'll bow out of World War Three, but she wants to give this one a shot. She is a champion, so, legally, we can't stop."

Eric Bischoff: "Wait, so the same rules apply to World War Three? Champions as of today are automatic entries?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, and Flair's in that one, too, if he wants to be."

Eric Bischoff: "Why wouldn't he?"

Bobby Heenan: "Will you get off my case? I'm not a mind reader!"

Eric Bischoff: "But you're certainly close with Flair."

Steve McMichael: "Some would say that the Stain's a little too close."

Bobby Heenan: "Some would say Pingu's eyes are a little too close together."

Eric Bischoff: "Gentlemen, please... Bobby, go on. Who else is in the lottery?"

Bobby Heenan: "Luger."

Eric Bischoff: "Of course."

Bobby Heenan: "Arn Anderson."

Eric Bischoff: "Go on."

Bobby Heenan: "Pillman... Alex Wright, the Fantastics, the American Males..."

Eric Bischoff: "Interesting so far."

Bobby Heenan: "Slater and Golden, Jackie Fulton, Mascara Magica, Bob Backlund, Cobra, Jim Duggan, the Renegade -"

Eric Bischoff: "The Renegade? No one's seen or heard from him since Fall Brawl."

Bobby Heenan: "So what? We'll draw his name, pair him up with someone, and if he doesn't show up for his match, someone else'll get a shot."

Eric Bischoff: "I suppose that's fair."

Bobby Heenan: "And then, we've got John Nord, the Patriot, the One Man Gang, Chris Adams, King Kong Bundy, Bobby Duncum, Jr., Gorgeous George the third and Chris Kanyon."

Eric Bischoff: "... We still need four more names."

Bobby Heenan: "Those... are our mystery picks."

Steve McMichael: "Mystery picks?"

Bobby Heenan: "Mystery picks."

Eric Bischoff: "So, we've heard it all, now. Who's Flair's opponent at Halloween Havoc, going to be?"

Bobby Heenan: "On October twenty ninth, in Detriot, Michigan, Ric Flair will defend his title against this man!"

A video plays, highlighting Flair's opponent: Jushin Thunder Liger.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: The Giant versus Brian Pillman ends in a 'no contest' ruling, in eight minutes and thirty four seconds, when the Horsemen spark a brawl with half the roster.

And, we're off the air.

30/09/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Orlando, Florida

Opening Match: Baxter Golden & Richard Slater defeat the American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs) in five minutes and forty two seconds.

Video Recap: Clips of Luger and Arn winning their match on Nitro are followed by clips from Fall Brawl (of the Horsemen jumping Harlem Heat). The announcers talk about their upcoming match.

Second Match: Bull Nakano pins Debbie Combs in fifty nine seconds.

Hype Video: Clips from the three previous iterations of the Battle Bowl play, along with clips from the Giant's battle royal win at Fall Brawl. It ends with Heenan's announcement of the Lethal Lottery, this coming Monday, and Battle Bowl IV, set for Halloween Havoc. The announcers speculate as to who could end up paired together. Dusty says he wants to see the "... American dream team..." of Madusa and the Patriot.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backstage Interview: Ric Flair berates Heenan for booking the main event of last week's Nitro, demands that he get his act together, wants a title on Pillman "... right now! ... Woo! ...", says the kid "... doesn't deserve to be treated like a chump... ".

Third Match: Lex Luger pins Booker T in fourteen minutes and forty seven seconds (features a commercial break).

Main Event: the Patriot defeats Brian Pillman, via disqualification, in seventeen minutes and forty eight seconds after interference from Arn Anderson.

Mad Scramble Hype: Schiavone rushes to run down the card for Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc.

02/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Denver, Colorado

Eric Bischoff: "Hello, everyone, I'm Eric Bischoff coming to you live with a very special edition of Monday Nitro."

Steve McMichael: "It's the lethal lottery, baby!"

Eric Bischoff: "I'm here with Steve 'Mongo' McMichael, and not joining us this week, is WCW president Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan. He's got a busy day ahead of him but he'll be back at the broadcast table next week."

Steve McMichael: "I've gotta' admit, not having 'the Stain' around's gonna' make this show a lot easier to call, from my perspective."

Pepe has a party hat on.

Eric Bischoff: "Aha ha ha. Well, let's get right to it!"

Opening Match: the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) defeat Baxter Golden & Richard Slater in thirteen minutes and twenty seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gene Okerlund, Bobby Heenan and Alexandra York are gathered around a golden raffle tumbler.

Gene Okerlund: "Okay, folks, it's time..."

Clattering noises are heard.

Gene Okerlund: "Okay, folks, it's time for us to draw the first sixteen names. We'll explain the rules to you as we go."

Bobby Heenan: "Miss York, care to do the honours?"

Alexandra York: "Certainly, Bobby. The first name is... the Warrior!"

Gene Okerlund: "Wow. That's a big name... and, now, are we drawing his opponent or his tag team partner?"

Bobby Heenan: "His partner comes next, then a second team."

Gene Okerlund: "They'll be Warrior's opponents?"

Bobby Heenan: "Potentially."

Gene Okerlund: "Curious... but let's get on with it."

Alexandra York: "The Warrior's tag team partner will be... Lex Luger!"

Gene Okerlund: "Very interesting! Now, onto the second team, is it?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yup."

Alexandra York: "The next name is... Chris Kanyon!"

Bobby Heenan: "Ha! *coughs* Ahem."

Alexandra York: "And his tag team partner will be... Stevie Ray!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll face Luger and Warrior, or won't they?"

Bobby Heenan: "They will, this Saturday."

Gene Okerlund: "And both members of the winning team will advance to the two-ring Battle Bowl on October twenty ninth! ... Okay, next team."

Alexandra York: "We've got... Alex Wright!"

Gene Okerlund: "Who's his partner going to be?"

York cannot contain her smile.

Alexandra York: "The Giant!"

Gene Okerlund: "An impressive team, certainly. But what about their opponents?"

Bobby Heenan: "Potential opponents."

Gene Okerlund: "Right."

Alexandra York: "The next name we've drawn is... um... I don't know... it's..."

Heenan leans over her shoulder to see the name on the ball.

Bobby Heenan: "Right, that's one of our mystery picks."

Gene Okerlund: "Intriguing!"

Alexandra York: "A... and his partner is... Brian Pillman!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll face the Giant?"

Bobby Heenan: "Ah, no. We want to keep the number of qualifying matches at Halloween Havoc to a minimum. The next time we draw a mystery pick, that'll be the team taking on Pillman and his partner."

Gene Okerlund: "At Halloween Havoc?"

Bobby Heenan: "Correct."

Gene Okerlund: "So our mystery picks will be revealed then?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yes."

Alexandra York: "Okay... our next names are... Booker T! ... and... Jim Duggan!"

Gene Okerlund: "And they'll be facing?"

Bobby Heenan: "Alex Wright and the Giant, next Monday."

Gene Okerlund: "Alright, then."

Alexandra York: "Our next names are... Bob Backlund! ... and... Madusa!"

Gene Okerlund: "Ah."

Alexandra York: "And, next, we have... um... okay, we've got another mystery pick and... and... another. So, it's a team of mystery men."

Bobby Heenan: "And they'll face Brian Pillman on the twenty ninth."

Alexandra York: "And, finally, we have... Tommy Rogers! ... and... the Renegade!"

Bobby Heenan: "Taking on Bob Backlund and Madusa, on the fourteenth."

Gene Okerlund: "An exciting match up! Over to you... it's time for a commercial break. Don't go anywhere!"

Eric Bischoff: "Ah, no, we've still got plenty of time."

Second Match: the Warrior defeats Jim Duggan, via count-out, in three minutes and twenty seven seconds.

Gene's in the back with Arn and Luger. Arn looks depressed.

Gene Okerlund: "Gentlemen, still to come is our main event, where you'll be challenging Harlem Heat for the tag team titles but, first off, I want your thoughts on today's Lethal Lottery draw."

He holds the mic up for Luger.

Lex Luger: "It doesn't matter who my partner is! I'm the baddest and the bad - and the best. I'm the greatest! I'll be in the Battle Bowl! I'll be the tag team champions and no one's gonna' stop me!"

Gene Okerlund: "So, Arn Anderson, how're you feeling about the Lethal Lottery?"

Arn Anderson: "My opponent could be anyone, and it wouldn't make a lick of difference."

Gene Okerlund: "Interesting comments. But how about this main event?"

Arn Anderson: "I'm made for tag team competition, Gene. With Luger on my side, what hope do the champions have?"

Gene Okerlund: "Well... they are brothers."

Arn Anderson: "And we're horsemen."

Gene Okerlund: "Point, definitely, taken."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bobby Heenan is in the ring, mic in hand, standing next to a small circular table, with an ugly felt green cloth drawn over it, clearly hiding something.

Bobby Heenan: "Pipe down, losers! When I - when I took over as president of this company, our world champion was a nobody... our united states champion was a nobody... our television champion was a nobody... our women's champion was literally nobody... and our tag - and, yep, well this company's grown a lot since then... but I don't think we've done enough. I've come to the conclusion that there is one division of this glorious sport of professional wrestling that our athletes could become masters of, once again. Without any further ado, I present the reactivated WCW World Light Heavyweight championship!"

He reveals the belt, the crowd pops, kind of.

Bobby Heenan: "We will crown a new champion immediately, in our next match... Mascara Magica against Brian Pillman!"

Third Match: Brian Pillman pins Mascara Magica in ten minutes and twenty one seconds to become the world light heavyweight champion.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gene Okerlund: "We'e half way through our lethal lottery, with sixteen more names left to pick!"

Alexandra York: "I've got... Arn Anderson! ... and... King Kong Bundy!"

Gene Okerlund: "What a team!"

Alexandra York: "Then, we've got... Jackie Fulton! ... and... a mystery pick!"

Gene Okerlund: "So that's a match for Halloween Havoc, then?"

Bobby Heenan: "Yeah, so we've got two qualifiers on the day itself."

Alexandra York: "The next team is... Scotty Riggs! ... and... Gorgeous George the third!"

Gene Okerlund: "Wow."

Alexandra York: "And they'll take on -"

Bobby Heenan: "On the sixteenth!"

Alexandra York: "Uh, yeah... and, it's... Richard Slater! ... and... Baxter Golden!"

Gene Okerlund: "Now that is interesting; they may have a distinct advantage, as an existing unit."

Alexandra York: "Then, it's... Cobra! ... and... Bobby Fulton! ... taking on... Bobby Duncum Junior! ... and... John Nord!"

Bobby Heenan: "Set for the twenty first."

Alexandra York: "Our final match will be... Chris Adams! ... and... the One Man Gang! ... versus... well, for those keeping score, it's obviously... Marcus Bagwell! ... and, yep, it's... the Patriot!"

Gene Okerlund: "They're former tag team champions, but the One Man Gang isn't to be taken lightly."

Bobby Heenan: "So, that's our October twenty third match-up."

Gene Okerlund: "And, now, we're... heading to the ring!"

Fourth Match: Bull Nakano pins Malia Hosaka in eight minutes and eleven seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fifth Match: Bob Backlund pins Alex Wright in thirteen minutes and twenty two seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Arn Anderson & Lex Luger defeat Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) in sixteen minutes and twenty seven seconds, to become the new tag team champions.

And, we're off the air.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

07/10/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Alex Wright pins Cobra in five minutes and forty seconds.

Video Recap: The commentators discuss the lethal lottery, and the match scheduled for tonight. Tony Schiavone tries to give the edge to Chris Kanyon and Stevie Ray, but Dusty Rhodes tears his rationale to pieces.

Second Match: Madusa defeats Akira Hokuto, via disqualification, in fourteen minutes and eight seconds (included commercial break) after interference from Bull Nakano.

Third Match: Lex Luger and the Warrior defeat Chris Kanyon and Stevie Ray in three minutes and twenty one seconds.

Promotional Package: A spooky video plays, hyping up Halloween Havoc. It has the date and time correct but makes no mention of the Battle Bowl and seems to imply that Ric Flair will be taking on Sting.

Backstage Interview: Madusa flips out, challenging “... all comers…” and demanding Nakano face her, one on one. Hokuto interrupts the interview, yelling at her in Japanese. Gene Okerlund says they’ll have to take it up with the committee.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Arn Anderson pins the Patriot in sixteen minutes and twelve seconds.

And, we’re off the air.

09/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Chicago, Illinois

Eric Bischoff: “Hello, everyone, I’m Eric Bischoff, and this is Monday Nitro! The greatest show on earth and, man, do we have a show lined up for you tonight!”

Bobby Heenan: “Our brand has no equal. The greatest athletes in every division of this sport, call World Championship Wrestling their home.”

Steve McMichael: “Except one.”

Bobby Heenan: “Except one what? One wrestler? Who?”

Steve McMichael: “Except one division, baby. Seems that you’ve pushed out all the top heavyweights, recently.”

Bobby Heenan: “Top heavyweights?! Give me a break! We’ve got Ric Flair.”

Steve McMichael: “And?”

Bobby Heenan: “We’ve got Lex Luger.”

Steve McMichael: “Uh huh.”

Bobby Heenan: “We’ve got the Giant! We’ve got the Warrior! We’ve Arn Anderson!”

Steve McMichael: “Okay, but when are any of them getting a world title shot?”

Bobby Heenan: “When they’ve earned it.”

Steve McMichael: “Like this, Justin Liger earned it, right?”

Bobby Heenan:Jushin Thunder Liger sure has earned a shot. He’s the most accomplished wrestler in the history of Japanese wrestling.”

Steve McMichael: “I don’t know about that.”

Bobby Heenan: “You don’t know about what? Anything? Well, I thought as much, just didn’t wanna’ say so, Pingu.”

Steve McMichael: “I think the Stain’s having a temper tantrum!”

Eric Bischoff: *false laughter* “Okay, gentlemen, that’s enough. Let’s get down to the ring. We’re giving things off with some lethal lottery action!”

First Match: Alex Wright and the Giant defeat Jim Duggan and Booker T in twelve minutes and thirty nine seconds.

Promotional Package: A video plays hyping up Halloween Havoc. This time, it focuses on the Battle Bowl, primarily highlighting Lex Luger and the Warrior. It ends with an ugly looking graphic, promoting the main event of Ric Flair versus Jushin Liger.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: “Welcome back to Monday Nitro! … Well, fellas, this year’s Battle Bowl certainly seems to be shaping up.”

Bobby Heenan: “That’s right, we’ve got the Warrior, Lex Luger and the Giant!”

Steve McMichael:And Alex Wright.”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, yeah, don’t forget Alex Wright. He could very well set the record for fastest self-elimination!”

Eric Bischoff: “We wanna’ take you back, now, to Fall Brawl, where we crowned the first ever WCW women’s champion.”

Video Recap: A video plays, with clips from Madusa’s first match against Akira Hokuto and the backstage chaos that ensued between the women later that night.

Eric Bischoff: “As you can see, folks, our women’s division has been characterised by turmoil. Being so new, it has not yet developed a clear ranking structure. Many of our female athletes consider themselves worthy challengers for the title and we’ve simply not seen enough competition to tell who really is.”

Bobby Heenan: “So, what’re you gonna’ do about? I know you’ve been talking to those geeks on the committee.”

Eric Bischoff: “We’re going to have a title match next week. To determine the number one contender, we’re having a three-way dance, tonight; Akira Hokuto versus Malia Hosaka versus Bull Nakano.”

Bobby Heenan: “How will this solve things?”

Eric Bischoff: “I was getting to that, Brain.”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, okay.” *eye rolling*

Eric Bischoff: “Each of the three women involved have signed a contract. They’ve agreed to respect the outcome of this match and that, if they lose, they are barred from ringside for the title match under pain of a three-month unpaid suspension.”

Bobby Heenan: “That seems a little harsh, Eric.”

Steve McMichael: “Don’t listen to him. The Stain’s just mad he didn’t think of it himself.”

Bobby Heenan: “Why I oughtta’...”

Second Match: The American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs), with the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers), defeat Baxter Golden & Richard Slater in nine minutes and thirty four seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Third Match: Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) defeat Jackie Fulton & the Patriot in thirteen minutes and forty nine seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fourth Match: The Warrior defeats King Kong Bundy, via disqualification, in four minutes and two seconds, after interference from Arn Anderson.

Promotional Package: A video plays, using licensed footage from Asahi Pro Wrestling, along with archival footage from 1991, highlighting Jushin Thunder Liger and hyping up his match against Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc.

Gene Okerlund: “If I may, I’d like to get your thoughts on Jushin Thunder Liger.”

Ric Flair: “He’s a chump, he’s a nobody. I really don’t get the hype.”

Gene Okerlund: “Does he deserve to challenge for the title?”

Ric Flair: “Let’s get one thing straight, Gene. No one deserves to challenge for the title. I’ve spent the past decade proving I’m the greatest wrestler ever.”

Gene Okerlund: “So, you’re saying you can’t be beaten?”

Ric Flair: *smirk* “No, I’m not saying that. The fact that I’ve held this belt so many times kinda’ proves I can be beaten.”

Gene Okerlund: “So, you’re saying -”

Ric Flair: “So, I’m saying, Gene, that there’s one constant in the title picture. That’s me! Challengers come and go, some even get lucky once or twice, but I always come out on top. So that’s the situation we’re in, now. This Jap’s gonna’ try his luck. Who knows what’s gonna’ happen?”

Gene Okerlund: “But even if -”

Ric Flair: “But at the end of that day! I am, the man! And I’m walkin’ into Starrcade as world champion!”

Flair walks off.

Gene Okerlund: “Well, there you have it, folks. Uh…”

Eric Bischoff:That was ‘Mean’ Gene Okerlund, this is, world championship wrestling, and we are live! Don’t go anywhere, folks.”

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Bull Nakano defeats Akira Hokuto and Malia Hosaka in twenty six minutes and twenty seconds (including a commercial break). Hosaka was the first to be eliminated.

The Four Horsemen are in the ring, they’re suited and booted and Flair’s got a mic.

Ric Flair: “Woo!”

They each go to a different corner, basking in the crowd reaction.

Ric Flair: “You know, I was asked earlier today, if I thought Jushin Liger deserved his opportunity. I want to elaborate on my answer. See, there’re only four men in this - woo! - business, that deserve anything. That’s us, that’s the four horsemen.”

They all come back to the centre of the ring, at Flair’s bequest.

Ric Flair: “And you don’t have to like us to realise that. Just look at us! See what we’ve got! We’ve got the gold. The most prestigious championships in this industry belong to us. That’s not an accident, that’s not a mistake. It’s just the law of nature.”

A voice booms down from the entrance ramp, in response.

The Warrior: “You speak of natural laws, as you know them! But you do not know who governs our fate! I have seen the gods! I have touched their faces, and I know their will!”

Ric Flair: “Will someone shut his mouth!?”

Luger rushes up the ramp, only to be met by a flying clothesline that knocks him to the ground.

Flair drops his mic and runs to Luger’s rescue, with the rest of the horseman. Just as they seem to be getting the upper hand, Jackie Fulton, both of the Fantastics and the Patriot rush out to even up the odds.

And, we’re off the air.

14/10/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Stevie Ray defeats Jim Duggan, via countout, in seven minutes and nine seconds.

Video Recap: Clips are shown from Monday Nitro, of the Warrior fighting the Horseman. The commentators announce that tonight’s main event will be the Warrior versus Arn Anderson.

Backstage Interview: Madusa is asked how she feels about taking on Bull Nakano. She says she’s ready but walks off when pressed for more.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Promotional Package: A video plays explaining the brackets for the Lethal Lottery, which seems to have been put together before any team advanced. The commentators reiterate the tonight’s opening match determined Tommy Rogers’ partner, since the Renegade has, once again, failed to show up for the event. They mention the fact that no one’s been able to get in contact with him, since Fall Brawl.

Second Match: Bob Backlund and Madusa defeat Stevie Ray and Tommy Rogers in eighteen minutes and eighteen seconds (including a commercial break).

Third Match: The American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs), with the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers), defeat King Kong Bundy and the One Man Gang in ten minutes and fifty two seconds.

Main Event: The Warrior pins Arn Anderson in four minutes and three seconds, to retain the world television championship.

And, we’re off the air.

16/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Albany, Georgia

Eric Bischoff: “No introductions today, folks! We’ve got an action-packed addition of Monday Nitro to get to, including two title matches!”

Bobby Heenan: “The committee’s good for something, at least!”

Eric Bischoff: “We’ll also be crowing number one contenders for the tag team title and the light heavyweight title!”

Steve McMichael: “That’s our opening match!”

Eric Bischoff: “Let’s watch!”

Opening Match: Alex Wright pins Mascara Magica in fourteen minutes and twenty eight seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: The Giant pins Bob Backlund in seven minutes and thirty two seconds, to retain the united states heavyweight championship.

Gene Okerlund: “This past Saturday, we saw the Warrior defeat your man, Arn Anderson. Your thoughts?”

Flair is pacing up and time, cursing, and needs to be ushered back onto the camera.

Ric Flair: “It was a fluke!”

He wanders off, again. Gene has to get the cameraman to follow, so we get an awkward shot of various wrestlers walking down various hallways.

Gene Okerlund: “And what about tonight? Do you think he might beat Luger?”

Ric Flair: “Are you outta’ your mind?! Or you insane, pal?! How’s he gonna’ beat Luger?! Don’t waste my time!”

Gene Okerlund: “And I’ve heard from the committee that they’ll pit him against you if he can beat Luger.”

Ric Flair: “So what?!”

Flair is starting to outpace Gene, whose next question has to be bellowed down the hallway.

Gene Okerlund: “So, do you think you could beat the Warrior?”

Flair answers from halfway through his locker room doorway and then locks himself in.

Ric Flair: “I am the man! Woo!”

Third Match: The Patriot pins the One Man Gang in four minutes and fifty seconds.

Eric Bischoff: “What do we think?”

Steve McMichael: “I think Ric Flair’s got his work cut out for him.”

Bobby Heenan: “I think the championship committee’s overreaching!”

Eric Bischoff: “How so?”

Bobby Heenan: “We’re selling Halloween Havoc as Ric Flair versus Jushin Liger for the world title.”

Eric Bischoff: “So, you think Flair’s in danger of losing the strap?”

Bobby Heenan: “Of course not, but it’s still a stupid business move to muddy the title picture this close to an important match!”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, folks, the Warrior will challenge Lex Luger for the right to take on Ric Flair… after these important messages.”

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fourth Match: Baxter Golden & Richard Slater, with Alexandra York, defeat Gorgeous George III and Scotty Riggs in eight minutes and twenty two seconds.

Fifth Match: The Warrior defeats Lex Luger, via disqualification, in three minutes and nine seconds, after interference from Ric Flair.

Warrior is saved from a beatdown when the Patriot rushes to his aid, before security breaks everyone up.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bobby Heenan looks angry.

Eric Bischoff: “Welcome back, folks! I can confirm to anyone confused about the result of our previous match-up that, according to mister Steamboat, the Warrior will face Ric Flair one week from now, for the world heavyweight championship!”

Bobby Heenan: “It’s a joke!”

Eric Bischoff: “He won!”

Bobby Heenan: “By DQ! Are we supposed to reward that kind of victory?!”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, uh -”

Bobby Heenan: “Bah, forget it! What’s up next?”

Eric Bischoff: “We’re taking a special look at our Halloween Havoc main event!”

Bobby Heenan:Oh, are we now? What main event would that be? The world title match that might not eve -”

The video starts playing and Heenan’s mic is cut off.

Promotional Package: Clips Ric Flair’s various title defences play, alongside licensed footage of Jushin Liger. Ed Weigle tells us the vital statistics of both men and we end on a graphic with still images of them against a weird flaming background and their names written in a goofy halloween font.

Sixth Match: Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) defeat the American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs), with the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers), in twenty four and forty seconds (including a commercial break).

Video Recap: Clips from last week’s Nitro play, showing the Warrior’s altercation with the Horsemen, followed by the finish of his match against Anderson on Saturday. The video ends with a text graphic, promoting Ric Flair versus the Warrior as the main event of next week’s Nitro.

Main Event: Bull Nakano pins Madusa in twenty three minutes and four seconds, to win the women’s world championship.

And, we’re off the air.

21/10/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: The Patriot, with Jackie Fulton, pins King Kong Bundy, with Arn Anderson in nine minutes and twelve seconds.

Promotional Package: The commentators talk over clips from various recent Nitro episodes, and the old brackets video, hyping up Halloween Havoc and the Battle Bowl.

Hotline Ad: Mean Gene hawks the hotline, promising exclusive news Japan. He implies it’s news about Bret and Davey but, anyone who’s called the hotline knows it’s actually just a fluff piece on Alex Wright and Mascara Magica.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Second Match: Cobra and Bobby Fulton defeat Bobby Duncum, Jr. and John Nord in six minutes and thirty one seconds.

Card Breakdown: The commentators hype up three matches set for Nitro; Adams and OMG taking on the old team of Stars & Stripes, the tag title match and the main event, Ric Flair versus the Warrior.

Main Event: Brian Pillman pins Alex Wright in twenty seven minutes and four seconds (including a commercial break), to retain the world light heavyweight championship.

And, we’re off the air.

23/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Huntsville, Alabama

Eric Bischoff: “If it’s Monday night, it must be Monday Nitro! Hello, everyone, I’m Eric Bischoff, coming to you live from Huntsville, Alabama! With me as always… Steve ‘Mongo’ McMichael!”

Steve McMichael: “I’m excited, man.”

Eric Bischoff: “... and the president of world championship wrestling… Bobby ‘the Brain’ Heenan!”

Heenan is looking off-camera.

Bobby Heenan: “I don’t know, tuts. How’s the - huh? What?”

Eric Bischoff: *fake laughter* “Alright, well we’re kicking things off with our world tag team championship match!”

Opening Match: Arn Anderson & Lex Luger defeat Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray & Booker T) in twenty three minutes and fifty one seconds (including a commercial break), to retain the world tag team championships.

Second Match: Stars & Stripes (Marcus Bagwell & the Patriot) defeat Chris Adams and the One Man Gang in eight minutes and two seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eric Bischoff: “Welcome back, folks, and still to come, we’ve got Ric Flair, taking on the Warrior, in our main event. Gentlemen, what do we think?”

Steve McMichael: “Well, you know, I think -”

Bobby Heenan: “It’s a shoo-in for Flair. I mean, really, you’re talking about the world champion going up against the store-brand Renegade. It’s a joke!”

Steve McMichael: “If the Stain’s so sure of the result, then why was freaking out about it last week?”

Bobby Heenan: “Don’t talk about me as if I’m not here, Pingu. It’s rude, and I don’t do it to you.”

Eric Bischoff: “Okay, well, we wanna’ take you back to the aftermath of last week’s main event. We didn’t have time to show on that broadcast but ‘Mean’ Gene Okerlund secured an interview the, now, former women’s champion…”

Madusa is sat on a bench, panting in between swigs from a water bottle. There’s a lot of loud, echoey, noise coming from all directions, and a lot of foot traffic.

Gene Okerlund: “Madusa, I wanna’ get your initial thoughts on the result of your match. A dissapointment.”

Madusa: “Well, you know, it’s - it’s weird because - you know, I still think that I…”

She takes another swig and rubs her forehead before continuing.

Madusa: “I’m still the champion - that’s how I feel - I think things just - I think things just got ahead of me - I tend to - there’s gotta’ be a rematch. Right? I feel like that’s - yeah, there’s gotta’ be a rematch.”

Gene Okerlund: “Certainly, you can expect a rematch. Will you be evaluating your strategy in the meantime?”

Madusa makes several incoherent attempts to answer the question before storming off, on the verge of tears.

Eric Bischoff: “Well, we’ll see if Madusa can regain her title at Halloween Havoc. But will it mean she’ll be pulling out of the Battle Bowl?”

Bobby Heenan: “It should mean that, but she’s stubborn. We’ve got a replacement lined up, but so far, she’s refused to budge.”

Eric Bischoff: “I can’t imagine pulling double-duty is the best strategy for her. I mean, going in hurt against an opponent who just beat you when you weren’t. It doesn’t make sense to me, either.”

Bobby Heenan: “It’s a woman thing, I guess.”

Steve McMichael: “Wait, now, hold on! I think it reflects well on her. She wants to prove she can bounce back. Pulling out of a match you earned the right to compete in, isn’t starting as you mean to go on.”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, gimme a break! I’ll tell you what this is. She’s realised she can’t beat Nakano, so she’s got herself a ready-made excuse for failure. When Nakano retains her title, Madusa will just say she was at a disadvantage to try and leverage yet another rematch.”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, whatever the case, we have one more match added to the card of Halloween Havoc. October 29th, get ready for Battle Bowl four!”

Promotional Package: We get a rundown of the Halloween Havoc card, basic time and date information and clips of Jushin Thunder Liger, billed as “... the foreign sensation...”.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Third Match: The Giant, Bob Backlund, the One Man Gang and Baxter Golden & Richard Slater defeat the Patriot, Jackie Fulton, Marcus Bagwell and the Fanstastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) in thirty one minutes and fifty seconds (including a commercial break). Order of elimination was Baxter Golden, Richard Slater, Tommy Rogers, Bobby Fulton, the One Man Gang, the Patriot, Jackie Fulton and then Marcus Bagwell.

Eric Bischoff: “A sign of things to come, perhaps?”

Steve McMichael: “The Giant... is... unstoppable!”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, please, don’t embarrass yourself. He beat a bunch of chumps, so what? When it comes time for the Battle Bowl, he’ll have Lex Luger to contend.”

Steve McMichael: “A man he beat handily.”

Heenan throws his headset down and storms off.

Eric Bischoff: “Well, still to come, it’s our main event… don’t go anywhere!”

Promotional Package: A video plays, advertising Starrcade, with a date, time and location, but not much else; it highlights Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Sting and Lex Luger.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Ric Flair versus the Warrior ends in a double countout in ten minutes and forty seconds, after interference from Lex Luger, Brian Pillman, the Patriot, Arn Anderson, Jackie Fulton and the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers).

Security proves unable to break apart the massive brawl and the programme cuts off abruptly, after a last minute, scrambled, plug of Halloween Havoc from Eric Bischoff.

• 5 weeks later...

28/10/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Atlanta, Georgia

Opening Match: Madusa and Malia Hosaka defeat Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto in twenty four minutes and twelve seconds (including a commercial break).

Second Match: The Patriot pins Bob Backlund in nine minutes and thirty nine seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Promotional Package: A video plays, advertising the final line-up for Halloween Havoc.

Main Event: Ric Flair and Brian Pillman defeat the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) in twelve minutes and twenty six seconds.

And, we’re off the air.

29/10/1995

WCW Halloween Havoc

Detroit, Michigan

Our first image of the night is our commentators, standing up at their booth. Eric Bischoff is dressed as Dracula, Dusty Rhodes is dressed in skimpy biker leathers and Bobby Heenan, in an ill-fitting black wig and with a flimsy plastic band holding two bolts to his neck, looks utterly miserable.

Eric Bischoff: “Hello, everybody, I’m Eric Bischoff, welcoming you to the Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan and WCW Halloween Havoc!”

Dusty Rhodes: “Can you feel the electricity in the air, Bobby?”

Bobby Heenan: “...”

Eric Bischoff: “... Well, we’ve got quite a show in-store for everyone here, and all of you at home. Including, battlebowl four and a world heavyweight championship match!”

Dusty Rhodes: “It’s world championship wrestling, baby!”

Eric Bischoff: “You’re right, it is!”

Heenan’s the first to take his seat, just before a video package starts playing.

Video Package: A video plays, highlighting the Four Horsemen, Jushin Thunder Liger, Madusa, Bull Nakano and the Giant.

Gary Cappetta: “Our opening contest is the penultimate lethal lottery qualifying match! As way of introduction for our team of mystery men, allow me to direct your attention to the crypt!”

A large screen, off centre from the entrance ramp, comes alive with this announcement. Licensed clips from Asahi Pro Wrestling play, accompanied by some generic rock music; a deluge of kicks and flips.

Gary Cappetta: “From the land of the rising sun… Lance Storm and Kaz Hayashi!”

The two rush down to the ring, receiving a modest pop.

Gary Cappetta: “And their opponents… first, from Cincinnati, Ohio… Brian Pillman!”

After a few moments, when the initial pop has died down, the lights go out and a howl reverberates around the arena. A video plays to accompany it; a shadowy animalistic figure darts back and forth across the screen. It’s a werewolf, animated in the ‘Gargoyles’ style. As it lunges for the camera, the video transitions to a standard clips package showcase for Pillman.

He comes out, looking lary and pumped up, wearing red trunks with a werewolf’s head on the back.

He walks halfway down the entrance ramp before stopping and looking back, as the music and video fade out.

Gary Cappetta: “And his tag team partner… from Japan… the Black Tiger!”

Eddie rushes out in his gear (cape and all), to some generic synth rock.

The match that ensues is fast-paced and energetic. It includes some shine for Eddie, who dives into both of his opponents at ringside. Otherwise, the match is quite competitive, but Eddie and Pillman have a pretty definitive edge all the way through.

Opening Match: Brian Pillman and the Black Tiger defeat Kaz Hayashi and Lance Storm in sixteen minutes and thirty seven seconds, to advance to the battlebowl battle royal.

After the match ends, Eddie extends his hand to Pillman but gets decked for his trouble.

Second Match: Arn Anderson and King Kong Bundy defeat Chris Adams and Dan Spivey in eleven minutes and four seconds.

Eric Bischoff: “Well, there we have it folks. We now know the names of every participant in battlebowl four!”

Dusty Rhodes: “Every man for themselves and every woman - uh - it’s gonna’ tear the house down, baby.”

Eric Bischoff: “Indeed, but before all that, we’ve got a very special look at Starrcade ninety five.”

Promotional Package: A video plays detailing the venue for Starrcade ‘95 and advertising VIP tickets, with footage from a backstage fan-event held at Fall Brawl that included autograph signings and photo shoots with various wrestlers. It also advertises the November edition of WCW magazine which will have further details and a pull-out poster of Brian Pillman and Madusa labelled ‘Stars of 1996’.

Eric Bischoff: “I’ve just got word… ‘Mean’ Gene Okerlund is in the back with Alexandra York. Let’s see what hear what she has to say…”

Bobby Heenan: “Gene?”

Eric Bischoff: “Huh?”

Tony Schiavone is standing beside Alexandra York. The Giant is stood behind her, breathing heavily and looking angry.

Tony Schiavone: “Miss York, your organisation has made quite a splash in the world of professional wrestling, recently. Would it be fair to attribute that to your acquisition of this seven foot beast of a man, the Giant?”

Alexandra York: “I think it would be, Tony. He’s the united states champion and his record speaks for itself.”

Tony Schiavone: “Are you confident he’ll win the battlebowl tonight?”

Alexandra York: “More than confident, Tony. He’s built for destruction and he’s just getting started. He’ll win tonight just as he’s going to win at world war three.”

Tony Schiavone: “Indeed, world war three. That’s November twenty sixth in Norfolk, Virginia. He does have a position in the unprecedented three-ring battle royal set to take place. I have to say, even if he wins tonight, that match is a whole other kettle of fish.”

Alexandra York: “I don’t think so, really. His victory tonight should be taken as a sign of things to come. Think of the battlebowl as his election, and world war three as his inauguration.”

Tony Schiavone: “A pleasure speaking to you, miss -”

The Giant: “Warrior! You think you can beat me?! All of you chumps are gonna learn the hard way that… Iwon’teverlose!”

Third Match: Mascara Magica pins Booker T (with Sherri Martel) in eleven minutes and eighteen seconds.

Eric Bischoff: “It’s just about time for the battlebowl match, but before then, I’d like to get your thoughts. Gentlemen, who’s winning this thing?”

Bobby Heenan: “Lex Luger, no question.”

Eric Bischoff: “Dream?”

Dusty Rhodes: “Ooh, that’s a hard one. But I think, when push comes to shove, the dog’s gettin’ off that leash, baby.”

Eric Bischoff: “...”

Bobby Heenan: “...”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, then… let’s get down to the ring.”

Gary Cappetta: “Ladies and gentleman, our next event of the evening is the two-ring battle royale, battle bowl four!”

The lights go down and Cappetta moves to the the ring closest to the ramp. Before the lights come up, the crypt buzzes to life with a short animated feature; every conceivable member of the monster mash - and a few inconceivable ones - shamble on screen from either side and duke it out. Limbs are flying everywhere, but there’s no blood. Eventually, the gigantic cyclops stands triumphant, in a pool of gunk.

The lights come up, and our competitors walk down the ramp, Luger leads the procession, and the Giant is the last out, as they make their way to the ring furthest from the ramp.

Once most of them have clambered in, Cappetta pipes up.

Gary Cappetta: “The rules for this contest are simple. All sixteen men will start in the first ring. The goal is to throw your opponents into the second ring. Once a man has entered the second ring, if he is thrown over the top rope and down to the floor, he can be eliminated from the match.

When only two men remain - that is, one in the first, and one in the second - they can compete in both rings until their opponent is eliminated from either. The last man left will be declared the winner of battle bowl four.”

Cappetta hurries out and the bell rings. The first ring erupts into chaos, and Baxter Golden is immediately thrown out of the ring, and down to the floor.

Eric Bischoff: “Remember, that’s not an elimination, folks. He can re-enter the first ring if he chooses - yes, that’s what he’s doing.”

Dusty Rhodes: “It’s thinning time, Tony!”

Eric Bischoff: “Uh…”

The brawl doesn’t seem to be going anyone’s way, in particular, as attempts to eliminate various wrestlers are regularly interrupted. Of note, the Giant is kept from doing much damage by the spontaneous team of Black Tiger, Bob Backlund, Lex Luger and Bobby Fulton.

Luger backs away from the effort however, and the Giant overpowers the other three. Lex taps Arn on the elbow, who does the same to Pillman and they all… eliminate themselves and enter the second ring.

Eric Bischoff: “What’s this?”

Bobby Heenan: “It’s smart, is what it is.”

The Giant tosses Fulton over and the three horsemen descent upon him, stomping mudholes in him before hoisting him up and throwing him out.

Gary Cappetta: “Bobby Fulton has been eliminated.”

The Warrior knocks Slater and Golden into the second ring, and they receive the same treatment.

Gary Cappetta: “Baxter Golden and Richard Slater have been eliminated.”

With room to breathe, the horsemen taunt the crowd and prat around. The first ring shows no signs of clearing as the Giant tries to toss the Warrior, who hugs the ropes for dear life. He gets a dropkick to the back of the knee from Madusa, which sends him reeling.

Bob Backlund rushes over to take advantage, managing to pick up the wounded Giant for a few seconds before collapsing under the weight. Meanwhile, the Warrior is dragged into the second ring by Arn and Luger.

They try to toss the Warrior out but he struggles too much and breaks free. Preoccupied with beating him back down, the horsemen fail to notice the Black Tiger being thrown into their ring by Bundy.

Eddie takes the fight to Pillman immediately and Arn breaks away from the Warrior to help out. Meanwhile, Madusa and the Patriot work over the Giant, trying to keep him off his feet.

Gary Cappetta: “Brian Pillman has been eliminated - uh, the Black Tiger has - uh - and Arn Anderson have been eliminated!”

The three men tumble to the floor in a huge clusterfuck after Arn charged Tiger but ended up catching them both and rocking out after them. In the first ring, a one against all spirit has developed, with Bundy taking on Bagwell, Cobra, Backlund, Alex Wright and the Patriot.

Madusa is trying helplessly to keep the Giant down, with forearms to the face and kicks to the gut. Soon enough however, as Bundy tosses Cobra into ring two, the Giant gets to his feet and knocks Madusa down with a massive chop.

The Warrior has Luger in his sights and he rushes across to the man teetering on the ropes. It’s a ruse, however, and Luger ducks down, pulling the top rope with him, and the Warrior goes sprawling onto the floor. Cobra tries his luck as Luger poses but he overshoots as well.

Gary Cappetta: “Cobra and the Warrior have been eliminated!”

As the Giant occupies himself with stomping Madusa’s right arm into oblivion, Bundy has the tables turned on him and is thrown into the second ring by his assailants. He gets to his feet only to walk right into a clothesline from Luger moments later.

Gary Cappetta: “King Kong Bundy has been eliminated!”

At this point, Eddie and Pillman are brawling on the outside and the swarm of referees can’t break them up.

After Madusa is tossed over, she receives another round of stomps on her right arm from Luger before an unceremonious dumping. The Giant is assaulted by the Bundy slayers in short order but staves them off and throws Bagwell and Backlund over.

Gary Cappetta: “Madusa has been eliminated!”

Bagwell and Backlund are struck by a double clothesline that sends the former tumbling to the floor.

Gary Cappetta: “Marcus Bagwell has been eliminated!”

Backlund hangs onto the ropes, for dear life however, and Luger becomes frustrated after a solid minute of kicking and shoving. He’s forced to quit when Alex Wright is thrown into the ring. Meanwhile, the Patriot and the Giant are going back and forth along the ropes but neither one seems to have the edge.

Backlund and Wright try to double team Luger but they can’t quite get a rhythm going and, soon enough, Luger has the upper hand.

Gary Cappetta: “Bob Backlund and Alex Wright have been eliminated!”

Luger takes the time to relax at this point, as Del dukes it out with the Giant in ring one. Eventually, the Giant is able to get the best of the Patriot through a display of raw power that sends him flying. Luger wastes no time in capitalising, beating Del down and dumping him out.

Gary Cappetta: “The Patriot has been eliminated, and we are down to two men! Lex Luger may enter ring one freely and eliminations can now occur from either ring!”

Luger scrambles through to ring one to take advantage of an exhausted Giant, who is propping himself up on the ropes as he tries to catch his breath. Lex kicks his shins out and he flops to the ground.

Bobby Heenan: “Yes! Yes! Do it, Luger! Teach that bastard a lesson!”

Luger tries to heave him up and out but only manages to get them both tangled up in the ropes. With the fight between Eddie and Pillman on the outside now broken up, Arn - the only eliminated wrestler still at ringside - wanders over to the action. He pulls the Giant’s hair and tries to help Luger toss him.

He gets an elbow to the face for his trouble and crashes to the floor. With the Giant back in control, he drags Luger to the centre of the ring. Luger thumbs his eye to regain control and lathers him with chops. The Giant doesn’t budge, however, and returns a massive chop of his own which sends Luger reeling.

A desperation dropkick is brushed away casually and the Giant puts his right hand firmly around Luger’s neck as he gets up. Luger’s standing upright for about a second and a half before the Giant sends him right back down again with a chokeslam.

Luger crawls over to the ropes, gasping for breath and using them to prop himself up. From out of nowhere, the Giant follows up with a lariat.

Gary Cappetta: “The Giant has won the battlebowl!”

Dusty Rhodes: “I told ya, baby! I told ya!”

Fourth Match: The Giant defeats Lex Luger, the Patriot, Alex Wright, Bob Backlund, Marcus Bagwell, Madusa, King Kong Bundy, Cobra, the Warrior, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, the Black Tiger, Richard Slater, Baxter Golden and Bobby Fulton in forty one minutes and forty six seconds

Heenan looks despondent.

Eric Bischoff: “So, there we have it, the winner of battle bowl four is none other than the Giant.”

Dusty Rhodes: “I’m gonna’ say it right now, tonight!”

Eric Bischoff: “Go on.”

Dusty Rhodes: “I think the Giant’s walkin’ into Starrcade as world’s champion!”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, how about that? Bobby, is a world title match on the cards for the Giant?”

Bobby Heenan: “... Ha.”

Eric Bischoff: “Brain?”

Bobby Heenan: “He’ll have to do a lot more than… win a… a… such a preposterous match type. I mean, what were the rules? Why were there two rings?”

Eric Bischoff: “Well, I -”

The sound cuts out. We get about nine seconds of the men talking with no sound until a video package cuts them off and sound returns.

Promotional Video: A video plays hyping up merchandise, house show tours and the like. It also includes a promise that TBS has an exciting announcement to make in a few weeks’ time. Most of the focus is on a new action figure line of; Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Sting, Lex Luger, Davey Boy Smith and the Giant.

Fifth Match: Johnny Ace defeats One Man Gang in seven minutes and thirty nine seconds.

Eric Bischoff: “Folks, we’ve still got two world championship matches left to go. But, first up, we’d like to take you back to the October sixteenth edition of Nitro.”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, this should be good.”

Nitro Recap: Clips from Madusa’s loss to Bull Nakano play, along to audio from Madusa’s post-match interview. The video ends with some hastily edited shots of Madusa’s right arm being targeted by Lex Luger and the Giant.

Eric Bischoff: “Can Madusa regain her title?”

Bobby Heenan: “Of course not, if she couldn’t defend when she was at a hundred percent, how could she win now?”

Eric Bischoff: “Sometimes people pull off the seemingly impossible, Bobby. Maybe she’ll rise to the challenge.”

Bobby Heenan: “And maybe she won’t. Maybe she’ll pout and cry and demand another rematch, when she loses this one.”

Gary Cappetta: “The following contest is a one fall match, with a forty five minute time limit, and it is for the women’s world championship!”

The lights go out, again, and the Crypt’s video screen blares to life again. An animated short plays, featuring a man walking into a cave and being turned to stone by a shrieking Gorgon.

When it shuts off and the lights come back on, Madusa walks down the ramp. She’s wearing tape around her right forearm and she’s changed her gear; from the red, white and blue two piece she was wearing earlier, to an orange singlet with a large Gorgon figure painted on the left hand side.

She avoids using her right hand to pull herself through the ropes, instead holding it to her chest.

Gary Cappetta: “And her opponent, from the land of the rising sun, she is the women’s world champion… Bull Nakano!”

The opening few minutes are a complete rout, as Madusa spends most her time trying to evade Nakano, without much luck, and getting no offence in whatsoever.

Nakano goes after the injured arm without compunction, and Madusa doesn’t help herself; several of the blows come from gut kicks that only connect with the challenger’s arm because of the awkward way she’s holding it.

Madusa’s biggest opportunity to shift the momentum of the match comes at around the ten minute mark, as Nakano drags the injured arm over to the ropes and uses both of her hands to pull against the top rope. Madusa cries out until the referee gets up to four, and she realises that Bull has left herself open.

Madusa peppers the side of her face with several loud strikes from her left forearm. They’re broken apart and Madusa has time to compose herself, retreating to the far corner. She’s canny enough to avoid a charge from the champ, who goes crashing into the turnbuckle.

As Bull rebounds into the centre of the ring, Madusa breaks into a charge of her own, knocking Nakano down with a flying shoulder tackle.

Both women get up at the same time, but Nakano stamps on Madusa’s left foot, causing her lose her balance and collapse back down.

With Madusa on her knees, the champ can’t capitalise soon enough and she launches a barrage of kicks to the chest. Madusa blocks the first few with her forearms but drops her right when the pain becomes too much to bear.

Now unguarded, Madusa chest takes a beating and the last of Nakano’s kicks is to the head. She follows it up with a cover. One, two… no!

Bull throws a tantrum after this, whipping Madusa around the ring by her hair a few times and screaming at the commentators for good measure. After kicking Bull away and thwarting the champ’s fourth attempt, Madusa pulls herself up by the ropes only to be caught in a waist lock, transitioned seamlessly into a release German suplex.

1-2-3. Ding, ding, ding.

Sixth Match: Bull Nakano defeats Madusa in twenty six minutes and thirteen seconds.

Promotional Package: A video plays, chronically some of the highlights of Bret and Davey’s time in Japan, along with clips from some of Liger’s matches. Considerable effort has been made to ensure no footage of Hogan has found its way in. The video ends with an advertisement for Asahi Pro Wrestling and the December edition of WCW magazine, which promises a four-page feature on the company’s top stars.

A timing error means that we go straight to ringside, with Liger already halfway down the ramp. He does a lap around the ring, slapping hands before entering and posing on each of the turnbuckles in turn.

Gary Cappetta: “And his opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, he is the heavyweight wrestling champion of the world… Ric Flair!”

Flair comes out in orange robes, with black feathers, strutting down the ramp. He takes his time, which Liger milks for all its worth, beckoning him to enter the ring, then shaking his head and sighing with his shoulders.

When Flair eventually does decide to join his opponent, he swaggers up to him and howls into his mask. “Woo!”

He’s popped in the jaw, and sent reeling. Ding, ding, ding.

Liger dominates the opening few minutes, and Flair always seems a second too slow. Liger whips him into the ropes, hits him with a dropkick on the rebound and then applies a Boston Crab. Flair crawls to the ropes for the break, and they repeat a similar routine a few times.

The pace slows after the fourth rope break, however, when Flair pulls himself out of the ring altogether. He teases walking out but Liger catches him with a springboard dive to the outside. They get back into the ring at about the same time, but Liger’s the first to his feet.

He tries to drag the champ up but gets a shot to the groin in response. Nick Patrick chews Flair out for it but Naitch doesn’t care at all, and taunts the crowd (they eat it up).

Flair tries to apply a figure four but takes too much time having fun with it and Liger kicks him away. As soon as the challenger gets up to his feet, however, he’s meant with a barrage of chops from Flair - who’s getting red-faced.

After the fifth chop, Liger blocks him and knocks him down with alternating kicks to sides of Flair’s legs and his torso.

Flair starts begging off at this point, as he scrambles over to a corner post. Liger looks at him, with his head tilted in bemusement. He turns to the crowd, for a raw of approval, before descending on Flair. He yanks him up and whips him to the opposing corner.

Flair stumbles over it and out onto the apron. He tries to run across but get’s a dropkick instead and tumbles to the outside. Liger goes out to join him, and the ref starts counting them out.

Liger pulls Flair up but the champ fights out of the hold with a flurry of chops. Liger returns the favour with a series of forearm shots that knock Flair loopy. He rolls the nature boy into the ring but Flair gets off a desperation kick to Liger’s head as he does so.

Now, with Liger knocked against the ringside barricade, and Flair having just crawled to the centre of the ring, Nick Patrick is up to nine.

Just before the ten, Liger vaults into the ring and scrambles after Flair. He gets him up and in a… sit-out powerbomb for one, two and… no!

After a few tense moments, where both men found their feet again, Arn Anderson comes bolting down the entrance ramp. He dives into the ring and, with Liger not knowing what to do, and Nick Patrick trying, ineffectively, to remove the invader, Arn whispers something in the champ’s ear.

Flair seems to consider it before nodding, with a smirk plastered over his face. The two horsemen leave the ring, go up the entrance ramp, and through to the back.

Nick Patrick counts to ten and the commentators go into panic mode.

Main Event: Jushin Thunder Liger defeats Ric Flair, by countout, in thirty one minutes and nine seconds.

Dusty Rhodes: “What’s goin’ on!? What’s goin’ on!? Why’d he do that, Bobby!?”

Bobby Heenan: “Well, I - I - I - uh, he - he must be injured. Yeah, he - he - must’ve suffered some kind of injury.”

Eric Bischoff: “You really believe that, Brain?”

Bobby Heenan: “We can - we can review the footage tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll back that up. I - I guess Anderson must’ve seen something we didn’t.”

Dusty Rhodes: “I’m not gonna’ stand for this one, baby!”

Dream gets up from the commentary booth and marches awkwardly up the entrance ramp and through to the back.

Eric Bischoff: “Uh, well, this has been world championship wrestling. Happy halloween and, remember to tune into Monday Nitro, live tomorrow night!”

And, we’re off the air.