• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jun Akiyama.

Nobutaka Araya.

Satoru Asako.

Giant Baba.

Black Cat.

Black Tiger II (AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Champion).

Masanobu Fuchi.

Samson Fuyuki (All Asia Tag Team Champion).

The Great Kabuki.

Haku.

Stan Hansen.

Norio Honaga.

Tamon Honda.

Takashi Iizuka.

Masao Inoue.

Takashi Ishikawa.

Jun Izumida.

Toshiaki Kawada (AJPW World Tag Team Champion).

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi.

Koki Kitahara (All Asia Tag Team Champion).

Kenta Kobashi (AJPW World Tag Team Champion).

Konga.

Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion).

Maunakea Mossman.

Osamu Nishimura.

Akira Nogami.

Yoshinari Ogawa.

Takao Omori.

Masao Orihara.

Miguel Perez, Jr..

Akitoshi Saito.

Richard Slinger.

Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

Akira Taue.

Genichiro Tenryu.

Tiger Mask IV.

Ultimo Dragon.

Katsumi Usuda.

Yuji Yasuraoka.

Negro Casas.

Mascara Magica.

Alex Wright.

Okay, so my plan is to post every RL TV taping show and at least one event a week. RWTL/CC will get more extensive coverage. Is that sufficient? 2 shows for every three weeks most likely, to make up for the huge gaps between tours.

that is completely sufficent!

GIANT BABA MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE SITUATION: On October 25, there will be a match pitting Toshiaki Kawada and a partner of his choosing AGAINST Akira Taue and a partner of his choosing. The winning team will be recognized as interim champions through the conclusion of the Real World Tag League, where by default, the winning team will become the OFFICIAL World Tag Team Champions.

In addition, Baba announced the first ever Magic Dragon Cup, in honor of deceased AJPW star and trainer Kazuharu Sonoda, to begin on October 10 and end on October 25. Sonoda and his wife were killed in the crash of South African Airways Flight 295 in 1987. It will be a 16-man single elimination tournament for wrestlers 30 or younger. No word yet if Kenta Kobashi, presumed favorite and Sonoda trainee, will enter or not, but Yoshinari Ogawa, Ultimo Dragon, Black Tiger, and Jun Akiyama are all expected to compete.

JUMBO TSURUTA OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT, FINAL MATCH TO BE ON OCTOBER 25: After years of injury and illness, the original holder of the All Japan Triple Crown, Tomomi "Jumbo" Tsuruta has announced that he will retire from wrestling in an in-ring capacity to focus on ambassadorship for the company. One of the sport's all-time greats, Tsuruta's ability to compete has been diminished severely and he does not want to leave a legacy of being a shell of his former self. He will receive a retirement ceremony and one final match in order to celebrate his outstanding 22-year tenure with the promotion.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DAY FIVE OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES TOUR IN SAITAMA (OCTOBER 6):

HAKU, KONGA, & ULTIMO DRAGON vs. NORIO HONAGA, MASAO INOUE, & JUN IZUMIDA

MASANOBU FUCHI & KATSUMI USUDA vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA & AKIRA NOGAMI

NOBUTAKA ARAYA, KOKI KITAHARA, YOSHINARI OGAWA, & MASAO ORIHARA vs. SATORU ASAKO, TAMON HONDA, TAKASHI IIZUKA, & TAKAO OMORI

BLACK TIGER II & ULTIMATE TIGER vs. MITSUHARU MISAWA & TIGER MASK IV

JUN AKIYAMA, TOSHIAKI KAWADA, & KENTA KOBASHI vs. STAN HANSEN, TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI, & AKIRA TAUE

STAN HANSEN SPEAKS ON JOINING AKIRA TAUE: "I've fought all of these guys. Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi. And of course I've fought Taue, too. I've betrayed my fair share of partners, but I'm getting older, and I want to think that I'm getting wiser, too. I ain't getting softer, I'll call you out across three continents and two oceans if you even try to say that and you won't be the one getting up. But I have more respect for this sport than I did in my wildest of days. Word's bond. Kawada gave Taue his word years ago now. But things get tough with Tenryu back in town and that's this boy's excuse to stab his best friend in the back? Taue was made a fool, and I just don't have it in me to stand by and accept that kind of shit anymore. If you stick a knife in a man's back, I'm sticking a lariat in your neck."

STAN HANSEN SPEAKS ON THE 'BATTLE OF THE TIGERS': "Well, it's simple. I won't say too much about Black Tiger but I know his roots, I know that he's a fighter, and hell, I just like his style. Something wrong with that? I wanted to bring him under my wing, teach him the finer points. And with the chaos going down over in this new 'Asahi deal', Misawa saw that a successor to his legacy needed a job. I get that. I don't think that Misawa's some kind of egg-sucking dog all of a sudden, but I don't think that this kid knows what Misawa's getting him into right now either, because I think that he's just cannon fodder in Misawa's battles. He's starstruck, I suppose. Well, this is All Japan Pro Wrestling. What we do is beat that out of you. I call up Baba, I ask for a favor. Yes, I ask for a favor from a man that I respect like I respect Shohei Baba. I know this young guy of my own, just like Il Tigre Negro, who's a fighter and needs some work. Ain't telling you snakes who he is, but he's a great athlete. Get him a mask, give him a cover name, and get ourselves another soldier in this war."

Oh, I'm not going to reveal Ultimate Tiger's identity unless it became a WILDLY enticing option, which seems unlikely. He's a full-sized heavyweight, I'll say that.

The Revolution lineup is sort of unclear to me, so I just want to pick up a solid number of Tenryu's young punks (Araya, Orihara) to supplement the group. Eventually develop a deep midcard (Baba will be AGHAST) and either re-introduce the All-Asia Heavyweight Championship from JWA or come up with something weirder and possibly better.

FACTION AND TEAM BREAKDOWN

RED LIONS

Takashi Iizuka.

Osamu Nishimura.

Akira Nogami.

Tatsuhito Takaiwa.

Kazuo Yamazaki.

Black Cat (La Peste Negra).

Black Tiger II (La Peste Negra).

REVOLUTION

Nobutaka Araya.

Samson Fuyuki (Romantic Warriors).

The Great Kabuki.

Takashi Ishikawa.

Koki Kitahara (Romantic Warriors).

Yoshinari Ogawa.

Masao Orihara.

Genichiro Tenryu.

Ultimo Dragon.

Yuji Yasuraoka.

Dos Caras.

SUPER GENERATION ARMY

Satoru Asako.

Toshiaki Kawada.

Kenta Kobashi.

Mitsuharu Misawa (Dynastic Tigers).

Takao Omori.

Tiger Mask IV (Dynastic Tigers).

Maunakea Mossman.

UNSINKABLE VENGEANCE ARMY

Masanobu Fuchi.

Masao Inoue.

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi.

Akitoshi Saito.

Akira Taue.

Stan Hansen.

ZEN SOLO FIGHTERS

Jun Akiyama.

Masashi Aoyagi.

Tamon Honda.

Jun Izumida.

Kentaro Shiga.

Katsumi Usuda.

Frank Andersson.

Robbie Brookside.

Haku (Faces of Fear).

Konga (Faces of Fear).

Joe Malenko.

Miguel Perez, Jr..

Steve Williams.

Alex Wright.

LOANED WRESTLERS

Felino (La Peste Negra)

Negro Casas (La Peste Negra).

Ultimate Tiger.

Final day-of-show card:

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DAY FIVE OF THE OCTOBER GIANT SERIES TOUR IN SAITAMA (OCTOBER 6):

HAKU & KONGA vs. NORIO HONAGA & MASAO ORIHARA

TAMON HONDA, ULTIMO DRAGON, & KATSUMI USUDA vs. OSAMU NISHIMURA, AKIRA NOGAMI, & TATSUHITO TAKAIWA

KOKI KITAHARA vs. RICHARD SLINGER

NOBUTAKA ARAYA & YOSHINARI OGAWA vs. SATORU ASAKO & TAKAO OMORI

MASANOBU FUCHI vs. SAMSON FUYUKI

BLACK TIGER II & ULTIMATE TIGER vs. MITSUHARU MISAWA & TIGER MASK IV

JUN AKIYAMA, TOSHIAKI KAWADA, & KENTA KOBASHI vs. STAN HANSEN, TSUYOSHI KIKUCHI, & AKIRA TAUE

Red Lions should just be renamed 'New Japan guys that NJPW has no use for' :)

The Super Generation Army is so loaded it's not even funny. When Akiyama is your 4th guy - yikes. At least they'll be able to pull some great matches out of the non-Tenryu members of Revolution.

Hansen & Taue wrecking fools will be fun as hell. Maybe throw Kikuchi & Fuchi together as veteran jerks. Good stuff continuing what the previous booker has done and doing something different from RL AJPW.

Thanks. Undoubtedly the Red Lions are the Social Outcasts of this right now, but AKIRA & Nish are two all-time favorites. Plus, since you never know how things could shake out, like with the SGA being as stacked as they are... "stacked" isn't always a good thing if you're not getting yours. And they have the greatest solidarity as a pseudo-outsider group who all came out of the same dojo.

Fuchi & Kikuchi will absolutely be teaming in the junior tag tourney. Won't have a TON of teams, but enough, and good diversity. And the All Asias being one of my favorite titles ever, and them being two of my favorite wrestlers ever... you can see where that's going.

We all know that what Baba loved in the '70s were intense, bloody brawls, so he might have to swallow a gimmick match or two, but nothing for a title.

10/6/95

AJPW October Giant Series, Day Five

Yashio Bunka Sports Center

Yashio, Saitama.

1) Haku & Konga defeat Norio Honaga & Masao Orihara via pinfall by Haku on Orihara after Haku & Konga hit a double powerbomb. (12:32)
-
2) Osamu Nishimura, Akira Nogami, & Tatsuhito Takaiwa defeat Tamon Honda, Ultimo Dragon, & Katsumi Usuda via pinfall by Nishimura on Usuda after a Northern Lights suplex. (16:08)
-
3) Richard Slinger defeats Koki Kitahara via pinfall after a bridging German suplex. (9:29)
-
4) Nobutaka Araya & Yoshinari Ogawa defeat Satoru Asako & Takao Omori via pinfall by Araya on Asako after a combination bearhug/leg lariat. (13:02)
-
5) Masanobu Fuchi fought Samson Fuyuki to a time-limit draw. (15:00)
-
6) Black Tiger II & Ultimate Tiger defeat Mitsuharu Misawa & Tiger Mask IV via pinfall by Ultimate Tiger on Tiger Mask after a combination powerbomb/top-rope splash. All six men in the main event accompanied their respective stablemates to the ring and ended up assisting with a dive train from all four combatants, at which point they were ejected from the floor and had to enter the crowd. (24:29)
-
7) Jun Akiyama, Toshiaki Kawada, & Kenta Kobashi fought Stan Hansen, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, & Akira Taue to a no-contest. The match almost never stayed in the ring, with one brutal attack after another, including Kawada powerbombing Kikuchi over the timekeeper's table, Hansen hitting Kobashi with a Western lariat on the floor, and Taue delivering a nodowa to Akiyama from over the top rope to the floor. After this, Misawa & Omori stormed the ring but were met by Masao Inoue & Slinger, with Misawa hitting a tiger suplex on Slinger. As professional security, specifically hired by Giant Baba in the event of an incident like this, separated the feuding stables, Genichiro Tenryu in a suit, flanked by Fuyuki & Ogawa, walked out to the ring entrance and delivered a wry smile while smugly gleaming at the ring, before he and his wards walked backstage. (11:58)