Pro Wrestling Only

[1988-06-25-WWF-MSG, NY] Randy Savage vs Ted DiBiase (Cage)

Superstar Sleeze

WWF World Heavyweight Champion Randy Savage vs Ted DiBiase - WWF MSG 6/25/88 Steel Cage

Couldn't find the May match so skip to the cage blowoff. I have seen this before as it is the Randy Savage Comp that WWE put out. This was way better than I remembered. Loved the urgency from both men and just how nip and tuck this was. DiBiase was fired up and just blasting Savage straight away. I liked stuff like Savage avoiding one fist drop, but then not the next one. It was just really good energy and competitive. I liked DiBiase using the cage to set up hope spots, but then immediately cutting Savage off. Then Savage gets more and more of an advantage especially creating his own opportunities to climb the cage, but now he has to contend with Virgil. Superstar Graham says the thing all women want to hear, "Elizabeth would still look beautiful 80 lbs heavier." Ever the charmer, the Superstar. The back half does drag a little bit with all the double clotheslines, but once Savage gets slammed in the head by the cage door it picks back up. They do have a pretty dramatic finish with DiBiase half out the door and then the famous double noggin knocker finish with the fan scaling the cage. Savage picks up the win.

The best DiBiase performance in WWF great on offense at the beginning bringing the fight to the Macho Man and then some big ass bumps off the cage. Savage brings the energy and intensity. Parv is crazy for having this in his top 100 matches, but it is a great match. ****

• GSR changed the title to [1988-06-25-WWF-MSG, NY] Randy Savage vs Ted DiBiase (Cage)