Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 9/5-9/11

NintendoLogic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't the writing that makes Smackdown better. It's that they don't have to fill an extra hour with garbage.

Raw could be 6 hours long and there would still be no excuse for stuff like that awful New Day segment or really ANY of the "comedy" stuff that The Club has been doing since the split.

It isn't the writing that makes Smackdown better. It's that they don't have to fill an extra hour with garbage.

Raw could be 6 hours long and there would still be no excuse for stuff like that awful New Day segment or really ANY of the "comedy" stuff that The Club has been doing since the split.

The issue is Raw is written to entertain one guy, and as such he's the only one who finds any of the comedy skits funny.

I agree, but I don't think Raw has exclusivity of awful segments. The women's segment that started Smackdown last night was bad and didn't reflect well on anyone.

I agree, but I don't think Raw has exclusivity of awful segments. The women's segment that started Smackdown last night was bad and didn't reflect well on anyone.

I thought Alexa and Becky were great. Nattie is the worst actress they ever had. So artificially hammy.

Fandango made his comedy segment work. I'm finally coming around on him. I wanna feel the fire in the belly!

SDL has been a very solid show all around since the draft. I think it's been consistently better than Raw almost every week.

At some point in this new face run, they're going to have to do something to make Rollins somewhat likable. At the moment, he's a ratty entitled brat, who used to be on top due to being favoured by the bosses, but doesn't cut it without those benefits. He's basically Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places before his redemption, only I don't trust the Raw writers to make him as sympathetic.

Agreed. Like we're just supposed to forget he was bragging about taking out Balor, the actual likable face, a week ago. I much prefer Seth as a heel

Bad guys becoming good guys and vice versa where fans put aside what happened a week earlier has been part of pro wrestling forever. If that bugs you than you picked the wrong TV show.

And I liked Dan Ackroyd in Trading Places as soon as I saw him getting fucked over by the Dukes.

SDL has been a very solid show all around since the draft. I think it's been consistently better than Raw almost every week.

At some point in this new face run, they're going to have to do something to make Rollins somewhat likable. At the moment, he's a ratty entitled brat, who used to be on top due to being favoured by the bosses, but doesn't cut it without those benefits. He's basically Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places before his redemption, only I don't trust the Raw writers to make him as sympathetic.

Agreed. Like we're just supposed to forget he was bragging about taking out Balor, the actual likable face, a week ago. I much prefer Seth as a heel

Bad guys becoming good guys and vice versa where fans put aside what happened a week earlier has been part of pro wrestling forever. If that bugs you than you picked the wrong TV show.

And I liked Dan Ackroyd in Trading Places as soon as I saw him getting fucked over by the Dukes.

It doesn't so much bug me, I just think it's an interesting situation they're in where Rollins has for a long time been a heel who people wanted to cheer, but is initially feuding with another heel who the fans want to cheer for. The catalyst for it is that he got turned on by a heel authority figure who the fans want to cheer for, and the reason he's annoyed is that he wasn't the wrestler who got handed the title. I think they've been wise in not having HHH on TV this week and by already splitting Rollins from Stephanie, but the bottom line is that Rollins is a ratty, nasal, just-turned face whose two upcoming feuds look to be against guys who are just as likely to get cheered as him. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Every time someone asks Dave who is doing Smackdown or who is doing Raw, the answer is the same -- Vince and HHH. People can be capable of really good things and really bad things all at once.

that doesn't exactly cover it though. Vince and HHH have final say on things, but don't come up with all the creative. it often starts with the writing staff, and Ryan Ward heads that up for Smackdown last I heard.

So yes, Vince might call the shots on both shows, but he may be working with better ideas on one show than on the other.

Raw this week was mostly painful to sit through and Smackdown was not that bad but had its painful moments. Whenever I actually find time to sit down and watch a full three-hour Raw I get shit like the New Day-Gallows & Anderson skit and it leaves me wanting to just watch clips of the shows on YouTube.