Pro Wrestling Only

[1982-07-30-AJPW] Jumbo Tsuruta vs Mil Mascaras

...TG

I wasn't super-enthused about this - my attention drifted away a bit during the hold exchanges that took up the first 15 minutes or so. But they ramped it up, and started slapping the hell out of each other. They tumble to the outside and continue brawling, and Jumbo ends up busted open! So he responds by trying to rip Mil's mask! Jumbo is no Fuerza Guerrera in the mask-ripping department, but props for the effort. :) There's a double-countout, but they roll back in the ring and continue brawling as Jumbo bleeds a gusher. The young boys (including teenage, skinny Misawa and Kawada) hold them back. Jumbo is super pissed-off, and punches two of the lads holding him back to go after Mil. It's either restarted or the second fall begins - I didn't get what happened here, alas. Once it's restarted, we get five minutes or so of nearfalls, and Jumbo dripping blood all over Mil. And i guess there's a time limit draw? Or a double-DQ? I don't know.

In any event, love the fired-up, bleeding Jumbo we saw during the brawl and after the restart. First time during the set I've really loved Jumbo.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1982-07-30-AJPW] Jumbo Tsuruta vs Mil Mascaras