Pro Wrestling Only

Psychology is Dead Master Thread

I took a pretty long break from wrestling podcasts last year, after summer. Started to get back in recently and I have listened to a few of these. I am really enjoying it: interesting topics, good depth, solid flow. Nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Quentin is back! Wanted to bump this thread for him as his latest one is a good listen (as the majority of his stuff tends to be). Sounds like he went through a rough patch, so we should send good vibes his way. Enjoyed this one and its good to have him back on 'the air'. If Dave Meltzer is Rolling Stone magazine, I consider Quentin, Brock, and a few others the pro wrestling equivalent of Pitchfork. Definitely not a back-handed compliment as I love Pitchfork and value that insight into music more than anything appearing in Rolling Stone.

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/psychology-is-dead-the-art-of-influence

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I listened to their Top 15 of the Top 50 Wrestlers of 2018 (just don't have the time to do the whole list, forgive me). I last heard their list for 2016 and I gotta say my favorite thing is always discovering new guys through this guy or seeing names I've heard of discussed from a much more expanded and in-depth perspective. For example, I discovered Trevor Lee's CWF Mid Atlantic Title reign via these guys. Great listen every time.

7 hours ago, SmartMark15 said:

I listened to their Top 15 of the Top 50 Wrestlers of 2018 (just don't have the time to do the whole list, forgive me). I last heard their list for 2016 and I gotta say my favorite thing is always discovering new guys through this guy or seeing names I've heard of discussed from a much more expanded and in-depth perspective. For example, I discovered Trevor Lee's CWF Mid Atlantic Title reign via these guys. Great listen every time.

Absolutely.  There are literally hundreds of podcasts to tell me that Omega/Okada was the greatest match in history and have 8 NJPW guys/matches in their top 10 lists.

• 5 years later...

haven’t updated this in awhile, but felt like a good time to revisit this thread since the first PID episode in 2 years. 

I was joined by Ethan (@ethanmacandcheese on X and Four Pillars of Hell on YouTube) to talk all things shoot style. The history and its origins, the stylistic differences between all the key promotions, the eventual fizzling out of the genre and what really factored into it, and the inextricable link to Inokism. 

https://share.transistor.fm/s/083a562d

On 2/24/2024 at 9:20 AM, Quentin said:

haven’t updated this in awhile, but felt like a good time to revisit this thread since the first PID episode in 2 years. 

I was joined by Ethan (@ethanmacandcheese on X and Four Pillars of Hell on YouTube) to talk all things shoot style. The history and its origins, the stylistic differences between all the key promotions, the eventual fizzling out of the genre and what really factored into it, and the inextricable link to Inokism. 

https://share.transistor.fm/s/083a562d

This was a great podcast and I would heavily recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about shoot-style.