Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #72: The Stampede Territory Part 6 (6/22 & 7/27 1979 TV)

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrestling-72-the-stampede-territory-part-6-622-727-1979-tv/

2zodif7.png

Kelly and Travis bid a bittersweet farewell to the 1970s as they examine the final two episodes pulled from the WWE Network.

Highlights include:

-The wonderful mess that is Duke Savage
-Stu Hart lacing up the boots to kick some ass one more time
-Yet more awesomeness from Big Daddy Ritter, Dynamite Kid and John Foley
-Awkward head shavings, a ladder match, more thoughts on Ed Whalen, and much, much more!

Once again here is the link to the Stampede footage. Would love to hear peoples thoughts about it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV6RCTo_Cd0DBHLku6tpAj-ypzT3GFUj3

Gotta love how they forgot to tell Bret Hart they wanted to do this. And that they've never got around to, or are dragging their feet on a suitable arrangement with Bret for the Stampede footage on The Network.

Kind of like how rights fees for songs and cameo appearances tie up home video DVD set releases of certain TV shows for decades.

Honestly I think the ship has sailed on them uploading more Stampede footage any time soon, but I hope I'm wrong

Yea I don't think it's going to come back. Part of it is that they probably just don't think it's worth paying for and the other part is just keeping with the precedent that no one gets any money from the Network except the company. Even though Bret already has that deal regarding Stampede footage in a contract it's probably looked at as something that might open the door to others arguing they deserve royalties.