Intercontinental Title: The Miz© with Maryse Vs. Dolph Ziggler - Ladder Match

Tag Titles: Heath Slater & Rhyno© Vs. Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton

Nikki Bella Vs. Carmella - No DQ Match

Kalisto Vs. Baron Corbin - Chairs Match

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, on paper, this doesn't look bad. I am actually looking forward to the women's title match. Becky is my favorite female wrestler in all of WWE and Alexa has improved a lot, especially with her character work. Not sure what direction they're going to go with the tag titles but Slater/Rhyno can't keep them forever. Not sure Wyatt/Orton will be the team to upset them though. Kalisto/Corbin is going to be my sleeper pick but I'm higher on Corbin than most folks. Nikki/Carmella, I assume, is going to be the pits. Carmella just isn't very good in-ring yet. Still not sure why they called her up if they weren't keeping her with Enzo/Cass. The Miz/Dolph is going to be... interesting. You never know what someone is going to do with a ladder is involved & you never can tell if the ladder is going to cooperate or not. I guess that's part of the intrigue.

I wouldn't say that I'm excited for the show but Smackdown PPVs tend to be fun no matter what. It has to be better than Survivor Series was. My goodness.

I remain very excited for this show, potentially unreasonably so. Styles hasn't disappointed on a big show this year and is the only worker who's carried Ambrose to a good match in quite some time. Throw in the gimmicks, which you have to expect AJ will look to take advantage of in a unique way after seeing what he did against Reigns earlier in the year, and that should deliver.

The women's and IC title matches also offer a ton of potential and there are at least promising directions they can go with everything else on the card. Add in that it won't be a 4 hour marathon and this guy is pumped for his time on the couch tonight.

I don't have crazy high expectations for anything other than the main event (which feels like it's a setup for another spectacular Styles performance). But everything else has at least some potential and I don't see any big disasters. Should at least be a pleasant watch.

I don't have crazy high expectations for anything other than the main event (which feels like it's a setup for another spectacular Styles performance). But everything else has at least some potential and I don't see any big disasters. Should at least be a pleasant watch.

I'm looking forward to it. I've watched the past couple shows and liked them. I think they're all easily watchable when someone is not overly invested in the week-to-week TV.

AJ Styles & Dolph Ziggler both on the same card, both with a ladder in their match. I'm curious which of the two will do the more insane spot.

Also, neither Becky nor Alexa are very big. In the case of Alexa, she's SUPER tiny. We saw it happen with Sasha at Hell in a Cell... will they be able to break the table? So curious what spot they do to end the table match. Probably some sort of push off the top.

Kind of wish they would move Rusev/Lana over to Smackdown.

Its hilarious that people still think they were trying to break that table in Sasha vs Charlotte. Physics say hello.

The entire point of using a table in pro-wrestling is to get the pop from when it breaks.

(and I guess to sell the devastation of the impact going through it)

When you consider how the table was set up, the angle at which Sasha was thrown at the table, Sasha's physical size, the fact that Charlotte was hitting the ropes for the natural selection as Sasha was rolling off, and you know, our old friend Science, I think they weren't trying to break that table.

They also got a pretty big pop using and not breaking the table when Charlotte shoved the table into Sasha's throat pinning her against the cage. So there's an example of a table being used extremely effectively, not breaking, and getting a pop from the crowd.

edit: But this thread is about TLC. Sorry for derailing.

When you consider how the table was set up, the angle at which Sasha was thrown at the table, Sasha's physical size, the fact that Charlotte was hitting the ropes for the natural selection as Sasha was rolling off, and you know, our old friend Science, I think they weren't trying to break that table.

All of those things were under their control. Sasha initially set up the table at too low of an angle and Charlotte didn't throw her into it right for it to break, and then Charlotte did it again and it looked even worse as Sasha gently rolled back down. It didn't look violent at all. If they didn't think they could make it look good then they shouldn't have tried it. This wasn't even the only bad looking table spot in the match; when Charlotte went through the table on the outside it didn't really break either. I'd just chalk it up to them not being good at putting people through tables.

I get that some people like the "but it's good because it's different from what we normally see" argument, but on rewatch a month later it really doesn't look violent or good at all, especially as a finish to a match that began with a dramatic stretcher job.

Tonight I'm pretty sure we're going to see Alexa Bliss go through a table and she's 15 lbs smaller than Sasha. Women in Japan and on the indies go through tables just fine at Sasha's weight.