Pro Wrestling Only

[1977-03-26-IWE Japan] Mad Dog Vachon vs Rusher Kimura

Jetlag

FEAR THE MAD DOG!!! This was a bloody, bloody match. Kimura bled. Vachon bled. THE REFEREE BLED!! All you vampires can mark this match as a rare TRIPLE JUICE BRAWL. This starts out with Vachon laying some nice stiff shots on Kimura before Kimura does some boring wrestling and Vachon just chucks him to the outside, piledrives him on the floor and carves him up with a chain. Vachon raking that chain across Kimura's face is some of the grizzlier imagery I've seen in a pro wrestling match. Then he also goes out of his way to piledrive the ref on the floor and do the exact same thing to him. I imagine this kind of stuff would have got fans storming the ring in other territories but here all the folks were amused by the carnage. Vachon was a force unleashed. I especially enjoyed the scene where he and Kimura traded blows in the crowd, Vachon landing these stone hard knocks in his face and Kimura throwing sumo-ish slaps. For some reason there is No DQ here and we get a proper finish. The ending could've been a little more exciting, but this was an amusing spectacle.

• GSR changed the title to [1977-03-26-IWE Japan] Mad Dog Vachon vs Rusher Kimura
  • 2 years later...

The first few minutes of this are rather weak, but this picks up once Mad Dog gets pissed and starts busting Kimura open. Everyone bleeds, even the referee. Not only does the ref get juice, he also ends up getting Piledriven onto the floor! The referee calls for the bell once Mad Dog attacks him, but decides to carry one once order is restored. Mad Dog has a great-looking piledriver. The brawling here isn't exactly Funk Vs Lawler, but they bring the intensity and it results in a great little spectacle. ★★★¼

• 1 year later...