Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale January 1985

SirEdger

January 4th, 1985

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

Mini event to kick off the New Year's festivities in Montreal

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Bobby Fulton (w/Tommy Rogers) in 7:34

Street Fight: The Sensationals (Billy Robinson/Doug Somers, w/Sherri Martel) beat the Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 12:35

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

January 5th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth where Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are waiting for the beginning of the first show of 1985)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to our very first TV show for 1985. Thank you for joining us in this new year and we hope to bring you as much excitement as our first year back in 1984. Last week ended in a most definite bang as Mr. Wrestling II scored a huge win over one half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions Raymond Rougeau in a Street Fight. Not without controversy as Mr. Wrestling II’s stablemates, The Grapplers helped them win the match. One can only assume that the Grapplers will be one of the first teams in line in Mid-Atlantic to face the Rougeaus.

Édouard Carpentier: Knowing the Rougeaus like we know them, I think it’s safe to say that the Rougeaus will ask the NWA for a title defense versus the Grapplers but today’s main event will be a whole different ball game. We were made aware that one of the best teams ever are on their farewell tour and they have chosen NWA Lutte Internationale to conclude their illustrious careers.

Guy Hauray: Yes, indeed, Eddie, as the famous – or infamous – Brisco Brothers, Jack & Jerry will spent the month of January with us before bidding adieu to their career. And what a match this will be this week because right here, in our main event, the Rougeau Brothers will be defending the NWA World Tag Team Championships against the Brisco Brothers in what oughta be a dream match.

Édouard Carpentier: We know the history behind their illustrious careers and we thought we’d never see this but we will. Expect the Briscoes to be involved in several big matches in January!

Guy Hauray: But that’s our main event as first, we’ll see the devastating Zambuie Express in action!

Match #1

The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Tito Senza & Serge Jodoin

It’s safe to say that the Zambuie Express are still in a foul mood, considering they haven’t been successful in winning the $100,000 at Starrcade and they’re taking their aggression and frustration on poor Tito Senza & Serge Jodoin. The enhancement talents don’t stand a chance as The Zambuie Express quickly destroy them in less than 2:30 to score the victory

Winners: The Zambuie Express

(Eddy Creatchman goes straight to the broadcast booth as the match concludes. Édouard Carpentier stands up to give the Brain some mic time.)

Édouard Carpentier: Mr. Creatchman, you seem to have something on your mind.

Eddy Creatchman: Oui, j’ai une crotte sul’ coeur pis je me retiendrai pas plus longtemps. Les maudits Rougeau qui se font encore donner tout cuit dans le bec pendant que mes hommes détruisent la compétition, ça me rend malade, monsieur Carpentier. Mes boys sont des gars honorables. J’ai la meilleure écurie de toute la lutte professionnelle pis c’est comme ça qu’on me traite?

(Translation : Yes, I got something to get off my chest and I won’t hold back any longer. Those snotty bratty Rougeaus once again were handed things while my men are destroying competition, this makes me sick, Mr. Carpentier. My boys are honourable men. I’ve got the best stable in all of professional wrestling and this is how I am treated?)

Édouard Carpentier: With all due respect, Mr. Creatchman, your men did lose to the Rougeaus in the final match to crown the #1 contenders for the NWA World Tag Team Championship. Isn’t that sour grapes on your part?

Eddy Creatchman: Si vous voulez dire que j’suis mauvais perdant, j’suis pas mal déçu de vous entendre dire ça, m’sieur Carpentier. J’ai pas peur de donner du crédit quand y faut mais de voir des crottés comme les Rougeau, Ricky Martel pis Gino Brito comme champions, ça me lève le cœur! Mais ça durera pas longtemps. Je vous promets que tantôt, ça va changer.

(Translation : If you’re insinuating that I’m a sore loser, I’m very disappointed in hearing you say that, mister Carpentier. I’m never afraid to give credit when it’s due but to see punks like the Rougeaus, Rick Martel & Gino Brito as champions makes me wanna puke. But this won’t last long. I promise you that later tonight, this will change.)

Édouard Carpentier: Wait a minute, Brain, what are you implying?

(Eddy Creatchman leaves without saying another word)

Édouard Carpentier: Something doesn’t smell right, Guy. I don’t wanna assume of anything but my gut tells me that Eddy Creatchman might carefully watch our main event later on.

Guy Hauray: And not only that, but let’s keep in mind that the Rougeaus issues with the Midnight Express are far from over. Jim Cornette is also petitioning for a title shot for his team so we’ll have to see what’s in store for the Rougeaus. We’ll be right back.

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

(When we’re back from the break, we see Édouard Carpentier once again standing in front of the booth with Hot Stuff Inc, Billy Robinson & Doug Somers as well as Sherri Martel. But someone’s missing....)

Édouard Carpentier: I’m now joined by members of Hot Stuff Inc; Sherri Martel, Billy Robinson & Doug Somers but as I see, there’s someone missing here. We know that Eddie Gilbert left for the AWA and Rick Rude has now returned to Minneapolis but where’s Gilbert?

Sherri Martel: I was wondering the same thing myself until last night when I received a message from Dallas where Eddie Gilbert called me and said : “Sherri, you know what? This Hot Stuff Inc won’t work anymore so I’m gonna do my thing in Dallas.” Well you know what, “Hot Stuff”? This was NEVER your thing. It was MY thing! I was the one who made it work. I’m the one who lead Billy Robinson & Doug Somers to gold! I’m the one who made Rick Rude a bigger star once he made it back to Minneapolis! Well guess what, “Hot Stuff”, you damn right Hot Stuff Inc won’t work anymore....because from this moment forward, you’re looking at the Sensationals! And we’re gonna be stronger than ever. We’ll be the team to beat in 1985! We’re gonna get both the NWA International Tag Titles & NWA World Tag Team Championships. Mark my words. And I won’t make the same mistake twice. This time, I’ll surround myself with only the best.

Édouard Carpentier: And what does it entail, miss Martel?

Sherri Martel: You see, Rick Rude was a good wrestler and he has a very bright future here but right now, to take things to the next level, I need a GREAT wrestler. So that’s why I ironically went to Dallas and found this guy; ladies and gentlemen, TERRY TAYLOR!

(Out comes Terry Taylor fully dressed in shirt & tie, waltzing to the set like he owns the place)

Édouard Carpentier: Terry Taylor, welcome to NWA Lutte Internationale.

Terry Taylor: Thank you for this fine introduction, Sherri. And it’s with great pride that I accept this association with you and your Sensationals. Because if you wanna play word association, when you say “Sensational”, Terry Taylor comes to mind. Now, while the Rougeaus, Gino Brito and even Rick Martel are great wrestlers, they’re nowhere near the level of Terry Taylor and in 1985, I promise you that I will bring to the Sensationals some gold. I’m ready for anything and everything. Bring on the challenge, baby.

Sherri Martel: And I’m not done yet, sir. Because to complete the puzzle, I just need one more piece. And that individual is actually here today and I want to bring him out. So please, welcome to the Sensationals, our newest member.....NICK BOCKWINKEL.

(Out comes Nick Bockwinkel, also dressed to the nines, sauntering to the broadcast booth. Bockwinkel shakes hands with everyone and takes a stand next to Édouard Carpentier, facing the Sensationals)

Sherri Martel: It’s no secret, Mr. Bockwinkel – or can I call you, Nick? – it’s no secret, Nick, that I’ve always had tremendous respect for you and what you stand for. There is no man more worthy of being called World Champion than you, Nick. And for the Sensationals to become the best entity in the sport, I need you by my side. What do you say, do we have a deal?

Nick Bockwinkel: I am truly humbled by this more than generous offering, Miss Sherri. And it would be a pleasure to work with you...

(Sherri is jubilating but looks like Bockwinkel isn’t done yet)

Nick Bockwinkel:...but however, I kinda like the free agent status I’m currently having at the moment. I also have a tremendous amount of respect for what you’ve achieved here in Montreal and I’m supremely confident that your deviousness and superior intellect – just like mine – will send you straight to the top of this territory. So, I’m just gonna give you the big picture, my friend. Here, in Montreal, we have the NWA International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel, who’s also one half of the NWA International Tag Team Champions with Gino Brito. Rick is someone that I have the utmost respect for and that I’m dying to step into the ring with. And trust me, Rick, we will. Once your dealings with Alexis Smirnoff are done with, you and I will have a meeting in the ring. But looming in the background is also the most prestigious championship this business has ever seen; the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. A certain individual by the name of “Nature Boy” Ric Flair is currently its holder. Ric Flair has always been known by this brotherhood we call pro wrestlers as “The Dirtiest Player in the Game” and also as “The Man”, thus why he’s the World Heavyweight Champion. But I also feel like I can be in this position too. You see, Sherri....like I said, I have all the respect in the world for Rick Martel but he’s merely a pawn on the chessboard. Yes, he’s on a high level when it comes to the best but until he’s beaten a World Champion or a former World Champion, this means absolutely nothing. Now, I don’t know how much pull you have around here, miss Sherri, but should we be able to arrange something that would send me straight in line for a shot at Ric Flair, perhaps we could get this thing going. I’ll---I’ll tell you what, Sherri. I’m open to do business with multiple individuals. And while I’m not a “Sensational” yet...I know a good business deal when I see one and yours has some potential. I would fancy myself a “high roller mercenary”. No strings attached. Show me I can trust you and we’ll take over the world together. The ball is now in your court, miss.

(Nick Bockwinkel is leaving the set while Sherri is standing there, dumbfounded, incredulous at what Bockwinkel just told her. She storms after Bockwinkel while Robinson, Taylor & Somers are going after her as well.)

Guy Hauray: Well, that was an interesting segment, Eddie. Looks like not everything went as planned for Sherri Martel and her newly-created Sensationals stable.

Édouard Carpentier: She truly thought that Nick Bockwinkel joining her stable was in the bag but it looks like Bockwinkel is willing to drag this on a bit and his “high roller mercenary” business venture seems to be his priority now.

Guy Hauray: Nonetheless, I’m curious to hear what Rick Martel will have to say about Nick Bockwinkel’s opinion of him. We shall hear from the champ pretty soon. When we come back, some highlights from our friends at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling!

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to the show. Before heading into our main event, we will take one more look at the event that was Starrcade. We will this time focus on the NWA US Tag Team Championship match between 24 Karat and the Windhams. Let's get to the action!

NWA United States Tag Team Championship

One fall match with a 45-minute time limit.

Referee: Earl Hebner

Barry & Kendall Windham (w/ Blackjack Mulligan) vs {24 Karat} Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens © (w/ James J. Dillon)

Last minute addition here with Blackjack Mulligan being added to the corner of the Windham brothers. JJ Dillon is protesting this to Earl Hebner. But Mulligan is showing something to the referee. Earl agrees with whatever that is being shown. Earl explains the situation to the ring announcer. He tells the audience that Blackjack Mulligan has been given a one-night only manager’s license. He is legally allowed to be at ringside, just as JJ Dillon is. The crowd pops here at 24 Karat throws a fit in their corner. The match begins and the challenger’s have the momentum here, keeping Patterson in their corner. They work over the left arm and shoulder. Nice quick tags between the two brothers. Eventually, Patterson is able to create some separation, poking Kendall in the eye. He gets a tag with Ray Stevens and the champions turn the tide on the match in that one moment. The vets work over the youngster. Keeping him right in their corner. They use a lot of wear down holds, keeping him at bay. JJ is strutting around at ringside, barking insults at Mulligan as his boys are in control of the match. Barry is trying to get the crowd behind his brother. Patterson leaps from the second rope with a knee smash, but Kendall just rolls away, and the champion crashes hard to the mat. Pat is hurting bad, really injuring the knee. He does get to his corner quicker for the tag, but Kendall is able to crawl fast enough to get the tag to Barry. The two fresh athletes battle it out in the middle of the ring. JJ is worried at ringside. Mulligan is extremely happy, but is checking on Kendall, who seems to be recovering rather well for the punishment he has taken in this match. Patterson gets into the ring to cut off Barry, but Kendall rushes in and nails a dropkick to send Patterson to the floor. JJ climbs up on the apron to distract Hebner, but Mulligan brings him to the floor and levels him with a big right hand. Barry tries for a bulldog, but Stevens throws him off and into 24 Karats corner. Kendall is being sent from the ring. Patterson climbs up the apron and gets tagged in. Stevens suplexes Barry. Patterson goes for the cover. Hebner turns around and slides in for the count, but Barry gets the shoulder up! Barry gets to his feet, Patterson is still nursing the injured knee. Stevens sneaks in to attack Barry, Kendall returns back to knock Stevens out of the ring. Patterson tries for a big slam on Barry, but his knee can’t hold him up, Barry reverses with an inside cradle for a two count. BArry gets up quicker than Patterson and drops him with a big time bulldog and goes for the cover! JJ recovers and tries to slide in to interfere, but Mulligan grabs him by the legs and pulls him back out of the ring as Hebner counts the three! We have NEW champions as we begin Starrcade 1984!

Time: 19:58

Decision: Barry & Kendall Windham, New NWA United States Tag Team Champions!

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rougeau Brothers © vs The Brisco Brothers (w/ Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman)

The broadcast team hype the history of the Brisco Brothers, including Jack Brisco’s reign as NWA World Heavyweight Champion and the tag team success of the Briscos all around the world. They also remind us that the Briscos chose NWA Lutte Internationale for their farewell tour and they requested to face the Rougeaus specifically. The crowd is eating everything up, right from the start of the bell. The fans in attendance are assisting to quite the tag team professional wrestling clinic. While the Briscos use their cunning & their scientific wrestling experience, the Rougeaus are able to use their youth & their speed to compensate for the inexperience, if we can use this term under those circumstances. Still, once again, it’s Jacques Rougeau who falls victims to the Briscos’ questionable tactics as they target the injured neck & head of Jacques, although the broadcast team clarifies that those are much less serious than they were before Starrcade. The turning point of the match comes as Jack Brisco locks a sleeper hold tight on Jacques and the Rougeaus can almost see their world tag title reign slip away. But the encouragements from his brother Raymond and the crowd inside the studio allow Jacques to catch a second wind and he’s able to hit a nice belly-to-back suplex – stealing a move from Jack Brisco’s playbook! – to catch a breather. Eventually, Jacques tags Raymond in for the hot tag. The elder Rougeau cleans house and it’s gonna take another cheap shot by Jerry Brisco to ensure that the Briscos regain momentum. However, Jacques comes back and while the referee is tangled with Jerry & Raymond, Jacques sends Jack over the top rope outside! The broadcast team mentions that since we’re now wrestling under NWA rules in Lutte Internationale, this should be an automatic disqualification but referee Adrien Desbois hasn’t seen it so he can’t call it! That allows Raymond to hit the Savate Kick on Jerry and Jacques climbs on the top rope to hit La Bombe Rougeau on Jerry! Jacques covers Jerry and scores the victory for his team! As the Rougeaus celebrate, Jack & Eddy Creatchman are trying to point out to Desbois that Jacques Rougeau threw him over the top rope but once again, the referee is adamant that he didn’t see anything. Finally, Jack slides back in the ring to join his brother Jerry and the crowd gets silent as the Rougeaus turn around, stopping their celebration. After a tense staredown, Jack & Jerry extend their hands to the Rougeaus! The champs look at each other and they finally shake hands! This week’s episode concludes with more handshakes from both teams and a fuming Eddy Creatchman returning backstage while the broadcast team reminds the viewers that teams like The Grapplers & NWA US Tag Team Champions The Windhams were watching this match very closely!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

January 5th, 1985

Niagara Falls, ON

-Dino Bravo beat Bobby Fulton in 6:45

-The Missing Link beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 15:04

-Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) beat Luke Williams in 12:36

2-on-3 Handicap Match: The Wild Samoans beat Leo Burke & The Caribbean Connection in 20:41

10-Men Tag: Nick Bockwinkel, Terry Taylor, Billy Robinson, Doug Somers & NWA International Tag Team Champion Gino Brito beat Baron Von Raschke & The Creatchman Family (Sheik Ali, Nord the Barbarian & The Zambuie Express) in 77:22

*Also broadcasted in closed circuit from the Jim Crockett Promotions 50th Anniversary Show - Result to be published later

Fuji's Clan vs Lutte Internationale All-Stars (Dory Funk Jr, Richard Charland, NWA International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre & NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rougeau Brothers

January 6th, 1985

-The Brisco Brothers beat The Fantastics in 14:02

-Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) beat Sika in 16:54

Guest Referee - The Great Antonio: The Missing Link beat The Great Kokina (w/Mr. Fuji) by DQ after Kokina struck The Great Antonio in 11:44. The Great Antonio wanted to fight back but was held back by Link(!) and Fuji instructed his monster to retreat backstage

-Dory Funk Jr beat the debuting Steve Strong in 6:45

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Nick Bockwinkel in 8:57

-The debuting Sting upsets NWA International Tag Team Champion Gino Brito in 5:37

NWA International TV Championship: Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Toru Tanaka (w/Mr. Fuji) in 21:38 to retain

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: NWA International Heavyweight & Tag Team Champion Rick Martel beat Alexis Smirnoff (w/Frenchy Martin) in 71:06 to retain

Very nice show. Love your new U.S tag team champions. Also love how it was like Sheri Martel owned the place. What an upgrade for her... Gilbert to Bockwikle. Your roster has some mega stars to deal with not only Lutte but the entire NWA. Martel or Bockwinkle could be the next world champ!

Technically, that's not my US Tag Team Champs, since those are Mid-Atlantic's. I was looking to fill some time on my TV so I took an excerpt from Starrcade 1984 ;)

Just a fantastic job bringing in the new names and making them worthwhile from the get go. I liked the Bock promo a lot and still think that the Briscos can bring something to the table.

Yeah, although they're gonna retire early in 1985, I'm gonna definitely use them as much as I can, especially in February since I'll be missing 3 tag teams for the IWGP Tag Festival. Didn't realize that they would come so handy when we made the trade! ;)

Well, the relationship with Mid-Atlantic & the National Wrestling Alliance has its perks. Namely, being able to book The Missing Link vs The Great Kokina - and adding a crazy bearded strongman like the Great Antonio as the only special referee that could hold those two! ;)

January 11th, 1985

Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, ON

aerial.gif

-The Spoiler beat Carlos Colon in 5:28

-Fatu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) upsets Dory Funk Jr in 22:59

Submission Match: The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) beat The Fantastics in 25:50

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Luke Williams in 6:36

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: Sting, Gilles Poisson & Hercules Ayala beat Frenchy's Legion (Butcher Vachon, Richard Charland & NWA International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre, w/Frenchy Martin) in 12:51

-The Sensationals (Billy Robinson & Terry Taylor, w/Sherri Martel) beat The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 12:40

Mid-Atlantic Showcase, NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Magnum TA beat Ray Stevens in 65:06 to retain

Fun show. Would have loved to see the Midnight Express vs The Fantastics and TA vs Stevens. I have never watched a match that was over an hour long and could only imagine the momentum swings of the fans watching it. All of our promotions , including myself, that have used Carlos Colon never had him near the top and I have always wondered what his true place in history was. I have read about some huge matches with Flair but we always have him as a mid-carder.

This is by far nothing negative as I did they exact same thing. I just wonder what his true standing is in wrestling. Does anybody now where he was on the Greatest Wrestler List?

It's actually hard to argue because he mostly made his career in Porto Rico and I don't think he really wrestled outta this territory a whole lot. The only time I've seen him work outside Porto Rico was the 1993 Royal Rumble Match. He probably is the greatest wrestler to come out of Porto Rico as his status there is legendary but I wouldn't be able to tell you where does he stand on a global stage. Perhaps a wrestling historian like Dave Meltzer could answer that question better than I could.

Fun show. Would have loved to see the Midnight Express vs The Fantastics and TA vs Stevens. I have never watched a match that was over an hour long and could only imagine the momentum swings of the fans watching it. All of our promotions , including myself, that have used Carlos Colon never had him near the top and I have always wondered what his true place in history was. I have read about some huge matches with Flair but we always have him as a mid-carder.

This is by far nothing negative as I did they exact same thing. I just wonder what his true standing is in wrestling. Does anybody now where he was on the Greatest Wrestler List?

Carlos Colon is one of those great babyface fire wrestlers and was a MASSIVE draw in Puerto Rico. Like Puerto Rico outdrew almost everybody in the US.

If Brody wasn't killer there Colon would be a super legend.

NWA Lutte Internationale

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

January 12th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we join Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier at the broadcast booth to kick off the show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to this week’s edition of NWA Lutte Internationale. What a show we had last week as we saw some incredible turn of events throughout the show. First and foremost, we saw the first TV appearance of Nick Bockwinkel in Lutte Internationale and while Sherri Martel try to woo him into joining the Sensationals, Bockwinkel didn’t seem that interested, Eddie.

Édouard Carpentier: History has shown through the years that if Nick Bockwinkel has a good reason to do something and if it’s best for him, he’ll do it. If not, he’ll wait for the proper time. I’m thinking that Bockwinkel is just willing to gauge the competition before making any definite moves.

Guy Hauray: It could very well be the case and we also saw last week the Rougeau Brothers defending the NWA World Tag Team Championship in a classic encounter against the Brisco Brothers, who are in their farewell tour of the sport. But we also saw that Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman tried to get involved, despite the Briscos not really interested into his presence.

Édouard Carpentier: When it comes down to it, for The Brain, it’s all about making the Rougeaus’ lives miserable. The Rougeaus are piling up the contenders gunning for them: obviously the Briscos and any of Creatchman’s stable members but also we can’t forget about the Grapplers and The Midnight Express, both teams with whom Jacques & Raymond Rougeau still have a score to settle.

Guy Hauray: And a very interesting situation this week as The Rougeaus will have the opportunity to settle that score with at least 2 of those teams in an 8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match in our main event as what we could call the Quebec Dream Team of NWA International Tag Team Champions Gino Brito & also NWA International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel will team with the NWA World Tag Team Champions the Rougeau Brothers to take on the team of the Brisco Brothers & The Midnight Express!

Édouard Carpentier: Talk about a blockbuster main event, this is gonna be one helluva main event. It’ll be explosive and high in emotion as well. I can’t even imagine what we’ll see in that match. I’m expecting anything and everything!

Guy Hauray: What we can expect though is one solid opening bout as we’ll see the TV in-ring debut of The Sensationals’ newest member, Terry Taylor!

Match #1

Terry Taylor (w/Sherri Martel) vs Baron Von Raschke

The broadcast team recaps last week’s promo segment in which Terry Taylor debuted with The Sensationals and in which Nick Bockwinkel turned down Sherri’s offer to join her stable. Sherri Martel seems a bit off her game at ringside as Terry Taylor is trying to get some last minute advice before the match starts but she isn’t doing anything. That allows Baron Von Raschke to get a quick start in the match and take control. Guy & Édouard discuss during the match how normally it should be the other way around; the wrestler being off his game and not the manager about something happening the week before but this isn’t the case at the moment. Terry Taylor is able to regain some control in the match but each time, he turns to check on Sherri Martel to have her interfere in some way but she isn’t doing anything. Taylor musters some offense to keep the momentum going but eventually, the back-and-forth between Taylor and Sherri takes its toll on Taylor’s focus in the match. Taylor turns around and comes home to Baron Von Raschke’s dreaded Claw. Von Raschke takes Taylor down on the mat and referee Luigi Macera makes the 3 count for Von Raschke’s victory.

Winner: Baron Von Raschke

************COMMERCIAL BREAK************

(As we’re back from the commercial break, Terry Taylor and Sherri Martel are still arguing at ringside. They decide to take their argument at the broadcast booth as Édouard Carpentier stands up to see what’s going on)

Terry Taylor: Sherri! SHERRI! What the hell is going on here? Aren’t you supposed to be the manager or something? Where’s your head at?

Sherri Martel: Are you serious? You’re asking ME where’s my head at??

Terry Taylor: Damn right, I am! Look, when I came over here to join your stable, I was reinsured by YOU that we would go straight to the top, that you had a foolproof plan. Obviously, after what happened last week, looks like this plan wasn’t foolproof after all! And besides, where the hell is Somers?

Sherri Martel: Don’t question my decisions, Terry! Doug Somers is gone and he ain’t coming back. I had to do what’s best for The Sensationals, and you and I both know it!

Terry Taylor: Oh, yaah, sure...I bet that this includes Nick Bockwinkel as well, uh? Is that what has been rattling you? The fact that he said no to your offer last week?

Sherri Martel: No, no, no, no, Terry...he never said no to my offer, he ----

Édouard Carpentier: Well, Sherri, why don’t you ask the man himself to straighten up the facts?

(Like he was waiting for his cue, Nick Bockwinkel, once again dressed up to the nines, makes his way on to the set)

Nick Bockwinkel: Hey, hey, now, what’s all the fuss about here? Am I at the center of this little scuttlebutt you’re having now?

Terry Taylor: Well, it seems apparent, Mr. Bockwinkel, that Sherri here is a little bit bothered by the fact that you told her “No” to join our group last week.

Nick Bockwinkel: Now, hold on, Terry....what I said wasn’t “No”...I asked Sherri to show me that I could trust her and I’d do business with her. From what I’m understanding, she apparently sent off Doug Somers to Minneapolis without consulting you, guys, so that must mean that perhaps I was right after all to hold on here.

Sherri Martel: Nick, ple....

Nick Bockwinkel: It’s “Mister Bockwinkel” to you, Sherri. Now...like I told you last week, until you get your act together and I like what I see, you’re gonna have to wait for what you want. If you can sweeten the pot enough, you *might* get the answer you so richly desire. But until then, this “luxury gun for hire” will do what he does best and that’s showing the wrestling business what a former World Heavyweight Champion is all about.

(Once again, Sherri is upset as Nick Bockwinkel walks off the set without the answer she wanted.)

Terry Taylor: Now, c’mon, Sherri...we can talk this through in our locker room

Sherri Martel: Trust me, Mr. Carpentier, before this show is over, Nick Bockwinkel will change his mind, you believe me when I say this.

(Sherri storms backstage as Terry Taylor follows in tow.)

Guy Hauray: Eddie, doesn’t look everything is going smoothly within the newlyformed Sensationals. We already know that Doug Somers is out of the group – and the territory – for undisclosed reasons and now, Sherri still can’t convince Nick Bockwinkel to join her stable.

Édouard Carpentier: I don’t know what she has in mind but this better be spectacular for her to get Nick Bockwinkel to change his mind.

Guy Hauray: We might see but when we come back, some highlights from our affiliates at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling!

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK + TV AD FOR TONIGHT’S SHOW AT THE MONTREAL FORUM******

FEATURED ON THE CARD

TITLE VS TITLE

NWA International Tag Team Champions Rick Martel & Gino Brito vs NWA US Tag Team Champions The Windhams

Guy Hauray: Before we head to our main event, let’s get to the highlights of another that took place at Starrcade as the legendary Stan Hansen challenged Tully Blanchard for the NWA World TV Championship!

NWA Television Championship

One-fall with a special 20-minute time limit

Referee: Sonny Fargo

Stan “The Lariat” Hansen vs Tully Blanchard © (w/ James J Dillon)

Some early stalling by the champion early, he doesn’t want to get into a power, or a brawling style match with the challenger. He tries to dictate the style of match early on. Tully actually wrestles Hansen to the mat early and keeps him off his game. Once Stan gets to his feet, the tide of the match turns. Hansen works over the champion with big time strikes. Tully bails to the floor, but the challenger follows. They brawl on the floor, which sees Tully get posted before rolling into the ring. He is busted open. Hansen just beats on the champion for the next few minutes. Tully finally gets the upperhand after ducking the Lariat and pushing Hanson into the ringpost shoulder first. The champion collects himself a moment, then attacks viciously. Hanson is hurt, and this will hinder his nailing his favorite move the Lariat. Blanchard has the upper hand, and JJ is happy at ringside. He even comes over to the commentary table and grabs the free microphone and tells us how smart Tully Blanchard is.This match is over! Tully is the smartest wrestler in the world! Back to the ring as Tully is stomping on the shoulder. Hansen is working on getting back to his feet. We are under three minutes left to the time limit. JJ is screaming to just stay off your back for the next few minutes. Hansen shoulder blocks Tully to the mat, but Tully immediately rolls to the ropes. Hanson is rubbing the shoulder, you know he’s trying to get one good Lariat ready. He comes at Tully with a violent Lariat, but Tully ducks again. Stan clutches his arm and shoulder...he’s really hurt it against that post. Tully kicks Hansen and tries for the Slingshot Suplex, but Hansen backdrops him to the middle of the ring. Hansen rests against the ropes. Blanchard gets to his feet and turns around….the bell rings...Hansen nails the Larlat and covers Blanchard. Sonny Fargo tells Hansen the match is over. The time limit has expired. Hansen grabs the title belt and walks off anyways. JJ is going crazy, but he is keeping his distance from Hansen. JJ checks on his champion and complains to the referee. Sonny goes to the back to try to retrieve the title belt. We head to David Crockett.

Time: 20:00

Decision: Time Limit Draw, Tully Blanchard retains the Television Title.

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

8-MEN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH

Rick Martel, Gino Brito & The Rougeau Brothers vs The Brisco Brothers & The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette)

The broadcast team hypes that this is the first encounter between the Rougeaus & The Midnight Express since the Midnight Express attacked the Rougeaus in November at the Montreal Forum and as expected, The Rougeaus & the Midnight Express are getting into it in a furious brawl. Dennis Condrey becomes the first casualty of this 8-Men Elimination Tag match as he falls prey to La Bombe Rougeau. 4-on-3 advantage to the Quebec Dream Team. The Brisco Brothers get involved in the action and they work their magic on Gino Brito. Gino Brito is the first member of Quebec’s Dream Team to be eliminated after a beautiful double underhook suplex from Jack Brisco. Down to 3-men on each team...we have the opportunity to see some sort of rematch from last week between the Rougeaus and the Briscos and they pick off right where they left off. Again, some nice scientific wrestling from both teams to start but then, one cheap shot by Jerry Brisco and all hell breaks loose! The Rougeaus and the Briscos’ battle transports itself outside and referee Adrien Desbois count both teams out! Despite the referee trying to send both the Rougeaus & Briscos back to the locker room, they’re still fighting and that’s when, out of nowhere, Rip Oliver & Bob Sweetan run in from behind and smack the Rougeaus from behind with chairs! We see Sherri Martel walking behind and cheering them on. The broadcast team now supposes that Rip Oliver & Bob Sweetan have joined the ranks of The Sensationals in place of Doug Somers! Thankfully for the Rougeaus, The Caribbean Connection runs out of the locker room to make the save and attack Oliver & Sweetan! That leaves Rick Martel & Randy Rose alone in the ring to finish the match. Literally, because referee Adrien Desbois has joined the other referees outside to try restoring order between the brawling teams. As Jim Cornette is jawjacking with Rick Martel , we see Alexis Smirnoff running in the ring with the Soviet flag about to hit Martel, when Nick Bockwinkel slides in the ring to stop Smirnoff from attacking Martel! Everyone is surprised, including Martel himself! Bockwinkel sends Alexis Smirnoff packing outside and Randy Rose tries to jump on Bockwinkel but Bock counters with a beautiful armdrag, staggering Randy Rose. Rose comes back to his feet and Martel hits a beautiful dropkick on Rose before locking in the Boston Crab! Referee Adrien Desbois returns in the ring just in time to see Rose tapping out to Rick Martel! All of this while Nick Bockwinkel was watching everything unfold at ringside! As the referee raises the hand of Rick Martel in victory, the show ends in a triangle staredown between Rick Martel, Nick Bockwinkel and Alexis Smirnoff as Sherri Martel walks out with her Sensationals a well, including new recruits Oliver & Sweetan, wondering what did Bockwinkel just do!

Winner and sole survivor: NWA International Heavyweight & Tag Team Champion Rick Martel

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

January 12th, 1985

Forum de Montréal

forum1.jpg

-Sting & 2 Cold Scorpio upsets The Sensationals (Billy Robinson & Rip Oliver, w/Sherri Martel) in 15:26

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Hercules Ayala in 14:57

-Steve Strong & NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Dino Bravo & The Missing Link in 23:52

-Baron Von Raschke beat Sika in 10:50

-Afa beat Bob Sweetan (w/Sherri Martel) in 12:18

3-Way Dance: Terry Taylor & Nick Bockwinkel (w/Sherri Martel) beat The Sheepherders & The Caribbean Connection in 16:55

Title vs Title, NWA International Tag Team & US Tag Team Championships: NWA International Tag Team Champions Rick Martel & Gino Brito fight NWA US Tag Team Champions The Windhams to a 90-minute time limit draw; both teams retain their titles

Your TV show was perfectly set up. First, the segment in the beginning and Sherri Martel saying that by the end of the night, Bockwinkle would be in her stable kept the viewer glued to the entire show and then the triangular stare down at the end brings the viewer back next week to see what is going on. Very well planned!

January 13th, 1985

-Baron Von Raschke beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland in 14:27

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: The Sheepherders & Dory Funk Jr beat The Midnight Express & Jim Cornette in 10:41

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: The Wild Samoans & Carlos Colon beat The Sensationals (Rip Oliver & Bob Sweetan, w/Sherri Martel) & Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 19:24

-Steve Strong beat Chicky Starr in 8:31

-Gilles Poisson beat The Missing Link in 21:14

-The Spoiler beat Terry Taylor (w/Sherri Martel) in 14:39

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Magnum TA beat Nick Bockwinkel in 30:27 to retain

NWA International Tag Team Championship: Rick Martel & Gino Brito beat NWA US Tag Team Champions The Windhams in 39:50 to retain

January 18th, 1985

-Sika beat Nick Bockwinkel in 8:11 after a Sherri Martel interference attempt backfired on Bockwinkel.

-Bob Sweetan (w/Sherri Martel) beat Hercules Ayala in 20:57

-NWA US Tag Team Champion Kendall Windham beat Jerry Brisco in 6:48

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Chicky Starr in 10:59

-The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Gilles Poisson & Thunderbolt Patterson in 11:12

Falls Count Anywhere Match: NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Butch Miller in 1:21

-Dory Funk beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 14:27

NWA International TV Championship: Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) in 27:46 to retain