Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-09-28-SEAdLINNNG] Aja Kong vs Yoshiko

Jetlag

It is the weirdest thing that in 2016, the closest thing we have to a Tenryu/Hashimoto style battle of mythical asskickers match is between two tubby japanese girls in a vanity promotion with a ridiculous name.

All the people I read who watched this show hated this match. Why do they hate it so much and I like it so much? Maybe I'm just an imbecile without knowing it. I guess they expected fat, old Aja to be little more athletic and Miss "I once shattered the face of a drama actress" Yoshiko to work a good clean no frills technical wrestling match or something.

Anyways, I loved big chunks of this. Loved the entire opening section with Yoshiko going right into attempting to strangle Aja and Aja just slapping the equilibrium out of her. Yoshiko kind of works like 1990 Kawada, asskicker with a few flying moves, but because she is thick her sentons etc. look great. Yoshiko understood perfectly how to sell for Aja, as she was landing lots of little shots, but whenever Aja clocked her back her eyes would gaze into space as if she had been knocked completely out of the match. I didn't even hate the slow brawling on the outside because Aja just grabbed this huge piece of metal and chucked it right at Yoshiko like we played King Kong when we were kids, and somehow the slowness fed into Yoshiko's comeback. Didn't hate the endless lariat exchange, because it was done perfectly, and I can buy these two bears getting into a slugfest much easier than when it's two skinny jokers doing it. Yoshiko has a really hurty looking, Ikeda-like slightly modified short lariat where she hits Aja in the ear and the side of the neck. They both sell it very well, and the hits get slower but still land hard, until they are doing that old school "only held up by eachother" spot which I love, and then Yoshiko lariats Aja right in the face. Loved Yoshiko lifting Aja like it was Hogan/Andre, loved Aja doing a feint and clocking Yoshiko, loved both women selling during the finishing run.

I'm not going to pretend this is a flawless match or something, but still. Those flaws are forgettable. Loved the match, really.

• GSR changed the title to [2016-09-28-SEAdLINNNG] Aja Kong vs Yoshiko