Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-09-18-CMLL-82nd Anniversary Show] Atlantis vs La Sombra

ShittyLittleBoots

Watching this you can really see why WWE signed Sombra. He came off as one of the most charismatic dudes in wrestling here - totally loved his swagger. This told a very good story of him being the younger, faster & more athletic of the 2, and Atlantis being the crafty veteran. While Atlantis was really solid, I thought that, for the most part, this was a total La Sombra show, and a damn great show at that. ****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2015-09-18-CMLL-82nd Anniversary Show] Atlantis vs La Sombra
  • 1 year later...

An emotionally charged lucha bout with decent action. This is the ageing veteran trying to prove that he can hang with the new kids. Atlantis moves extremely well for a 52 year old, hitting many planchas. La Sombra is a phenomenal athlete with buckets of charisma. He has Rush in his corner, who isn't afraid to get involved. The crowd eat up every 2.9 count in the final fall. My main gripe with this match is that the workrate doesn't quite match the atmosphere. It all feels like your standard lucha fare and I feel they needed to up the hate and start brawling. Regardless, this is still recommended. 

★★★½