Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-12-GAEA] Lioness Asuka & Aja Kong vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima

soup23

I found this to be middle of the road GAEA. It certainly wasn’t as atrocious as the January stuff but it also didn’t reach near the highs of February. A lot of that hinges on Sato and Chikayo as I think their spunkiness really helps distract a lot of the elements of the January matches that were prelevelent here. This did get chaotic but not TOO chaotic that it was indistinguishable. It really flirted with that edge though. Kong is made to look vulunerable again with a point of emphasis again being her arm region. The interference at the end was something I really could have done without. The sandwich clothesline and brainbuster followed by the spinning back fist moments later was a nice combo to put the opponents away allowing Kong and Lioness to win. ***

• 4 weeks later...

Everything about this was completely unremarkable. Aja showed her worst tendencies here, Lioness showed her worst tendencies here, Nagashima-Sato could only do so much and the match was a complete cliche. I'm not a fan of Aja's no selling side at all. I can handle no-selling turnbuckle shots, but not kicks to the face. Couldn't get into this one, and I would put none of that at all on the non-veteran team, who I think did what they could.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-12-GAEA] Lioness Asuka & Aja Kong vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima