Pro Wrestling Only

People's perception of wrestler's sizes.

Memphis Mark

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually, those great "squash only" wrestlers owed the fact their squashes looked great to solid workers known as jobber back in the days. For instance, the idea Sid was a great squash worker doesn't make sense. Those nameless guys bumping like freaks for his shitty offense made it look that way. There's a reason why the old TV was all about squashes, it's because it's easy to look good when you're facing a jobber whose entire job is to bump and make your crap offense look like killer stuff.

Why would you have expected Brodus Clay to be good?

Pre-debut internet hype, basically. Before he came out as a fat dancing dinosaur. Sheer ignorance. I was hoping for a John Tenta worker and instead got Junkyard Dog.

Pre-internet hype also got people thinking Dean Ambrose and Sami Callihan were top tier talents. You can't trust pre-internet hype.

Sami Callihan is a top tier talent.

Pre-debut internet hype, basically. Before he came out as a fat dancing dinosaur. Sheer ignorance. I was hoping for a John Tenta worker and instead got Junkyard Dog.

Some amazing irony going on in a post where someone talks about ignorance and then compares Brodus Clay to Junkyard Dog.

Some amazing irony going on in a post where someone talks about ignorance and then compares Brodus Clay to Junkyard Dog.

While hoping for John Tenta.

Junkyard Dog was the shits. Drizzling fucking lazy-ass unworking shits. One of the worst wrestlers I have ever personally tried to watch.

Stand by that. Firm.

Also, it's fucking hilarious to me when goc tries to act like he's a more knowledgeable or better fan than others. Fuckin' lol. Suck my dick, you prick,

A great bonus of the Mid South content dump on the network will be people being able to watch JYD before he was a fat, lazy shit. Someone who's only known of WWF (or even worse WCW) JYD would have their minds blown.

Come on. "JYD was good in Mid-South" is akin to "Hogan worked the mat in Japan". JYD was younger, slimmer and worked harder in Mid-South. He wasn't as terrible as he was in WWF. How could he be ? He still wasn't close to good. Yeah, he was over as hell. That's about it and it helps the perception a whole lot when people go crazy for every shitty offense and goofy maneurism you do.

You have to do it while conveying that amazing annoyance that Sable's voice and intonation were though. Not an easy feature.

Well, and now I have it in my head despite not having heard it for ever. Thanks for nothing, really. Go do the fucking Grind already.