Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

It’s official! Fritz Von Erich and Cowboy Bill Watts can’t work together! Kind of.

While it has been clear that these two have never been completely on the same page, this week was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Insiders have confirmed that there were numerous screw jobs recently; most of which were headed by Fritz.

First of all at the Super Card in Memphis, TN there was to be a new champion. Dusty Rhodes was to defeat Ted Dibiase and become the new USWA World Champion. Somewhere behind closed doors, Fritz meet with Jerry Jarret and they came up with a new plan. Originally, Jerry Lawler was to rush in and get a huge pop from the Memphis crowd and then he would save the day by acting as the referee and make the three count in favor a Dusty. Instead, Lawler surprised everyone and made the count on Dibiase. This match had huge ramifications for the top star in the USWA as now Dusty Rhodes can’t receive another title shot this year.

The reasons for this might be justifiable as the adding of Jerry Jarrett to USWA would add huge markets including Memphis, Nashville and Louisville to their loops but Watts believes the true motive was for Fritz to get Kerry Von Erich to the top of the promotion and for Jarrett to have Lawler jump right into a mega feud with Rhodes which could be huge!

Screw Job #2: The finish between Stan Hansen and Kerry Von Erich in the Mid-South Coliseum! The original plan was to have Hansen win and have a wild feud with Dusty for the belt but due to some shenanigans and a fast count, Kerry defeated Hansen after only one Tornado Punch! Hansen was so angry he left the USWA and vowed not to return.

Screw Job #3: The coup de gras…. Kerry Von Erich meet Dibiase in Reunion Arena last week and there was not to a title change but both Watts and Fritz agreed that giving Kerry the shot in Dallas would draw a large crowd. Instead, some back room talks were had between Fritz and the ref. Dibiase was to win when the newest members of the Rat Pack, Buddy Landell and Eric Embry emerged but instead the ref fast counted Dibiase’s shoulders to the mat and Kerry became the newest champion.

The Outcome: THE FORMATION OF THE UWF

Fritz and Watts will run their own promotions but will recognize the same World Champion. Watt’s is going back to controlling Mid-South Wrestling while Fritz is still debating on whether to return to his original name of World Class or stay with USWA.

In order for the two to compete with the growing national promotions like the WWF, NWA (International) and the AWA, the two will come together to run 5 or 6 mega shows each year. The first will be the David Von Erich Memorial which is to be held in the Cotton Bowl on May 4th. It will be here that the first UWF Champion will be crowned.

Fritz with some help from Jarrett will run the USWA and focus mainly on Texas and Tennessee while Watts will return to the Mid-South hot beds of Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi.

Ted Turner is really excited and will continue to hoist both shows on WTBS with the announce team of Ross and Ladd staying with Mid-South and Lance Russell and Dave Brown will be back together again announcing USWA Wrestling.

ROSTERS: This was a real sticking point and the best solution was a “Draft” where they both submitted a list of their wants. In the end, both organizations will have 20 full time wrestlers. Anybody not placed on a roster full time will be open to either promotion on a per diem basis. Wrestlers will also be free to work for the other on their “off” days.

USWA (WORLD CLASS) MID-SOUTH

1. KERRY VON ERICH 1. DUSTY RHODES

2. JERRY LAWLER 2. TED DIBIASE

3. KEVIN VON ERICH 3. ANIMAL

4. BEAUTIFUL BOBBY EATON 4. HAWK

5. ARN ANDERSON 5. STEVE WILLIAMS

6. RICKY MORTON 6. TERRY GORDY

7. ROBERT GIBSON 7. MANNY FERNANDEZ

8. JIMMY SNUKA 8. HACKSAW BUTCH REED

9. TOMMY RICH 9. CRUSHER BLACKWELL

10. EDDIE GILBERT 10. KEN PATERA

11. JIMMY GARVIN 11. MICHAEL HAYES

12. JIMMY VALIANT 12. JYD

13. MIKE VON ERICH 13. BUDDY LANDELL

14. ICEMAN PARSONS 14. ERIC EMBRY

15. TONGA KID 15. DICK MURDOCH

16. FATU 16. JONATHON BOYD

17. WARRIOR 17. RIP MORGAN

18. GARY HART 18. SKANDAR AKBAR

19. BABY DOLL 19. PAUL ELLERING

20. BRUISER BRODY 20. BIG BUBBA ROGERS

21. CHRIS BENOIT 21. MR. OLYMPIA

22. BILLY JACK HAYNES 22. STAN HANSEN

ALL WORLD CHAMPIONS MUST GIVE EQUAL TIME TO EACH TERRITORY. IN ORDER FOR THERE TO BE A BELT CHANGE, THERE MUST BE A 2/3 MAJORITY VOTE BY THE HEADS OF THE TERRITORIES. THAT’S RIGHT FOLKS: 2/3. THAT MEANS THE UWF IS LOOKINF FOR NEW MEMBERS TO JOIN. THIS WAS ADDED TO THE CONTRACT BECAUSE NEITHER FRITZ NOR WATTS TRUSTS THE OTHER FROM ANOTHER SCREW JOB! ANY TERRITORIES THAT WISH TO APPLY ARE FREE TO DO SO.

You will just have to tune in to WTBS in the weeks to come to see who is where!’’

TITLE STRUCTURE

UWF WORLD CHAMPION: VACANT

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: PERFECT ALLIANCE

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS: THE MIRACLE VIOLENCE COMMITTEE

UWF WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: BILLY JACK HAYNES

USWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: KERRY VON ERICH

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION (#1 BELT IN MID-SOUTH) CHAMPION: HACKSAW DUGGAN

**** FIRST JOINT MEGA SHOW: MAY 4th at the COTTON BOWL: The David Von Erich Memorial!

CONTRACT STIPULATIONS:

· ALL WORLD CHAMPIONS MUST GIVE EQUAL TIME TO EACH TERRITORY.

· IN ORDER FOR THERE TO BE A BELT CHANGE, THERE MUST BE A 2/3 MAJORITY VOTE BY THE HEADS OF THE TERRITORIES.

THAT’S RIGHT FOLKS: 2/3. THAT MEANS THE UWF IS LOOKINF FOR NEW MEMBERS TO JOIN. THIS WAS ADDED TO THE CONTRACT BECAUSE NEITHER FRITZ NOR WATTS TRUSTS THE OTHER FROM ANOTHER SCREW JOB! ANY TERRITORIES THAT WISH TO APPLY ARE FREE TO DO SO.

WELCOME TO THE NEW DAY OF SOUTHERN WRASTLIN!

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING:

3/18/1985: WTBS

9:05-10:05

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.

Jim Ross: Before we get to our first bout we need to bring in the President of Mid-South Wrestling to explain what is going on as I am sure all of you noticed the name change in today’s show.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Many of you have noticed many changes in the landscape of professional wrestling over the past twelve months. Well to stay up with the times and to provide you with the greatest possible wrestling talent, Fritz Von Erich and myself have decided to partner with Jerry Jarrett, David Woods and Ron Fuller. Together we will make up the UWF. Fritz and Jerry will run the USWA in Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana, David and Ron will run Continental Championship Wrestling in Alabama, Mississippi, and parts of Florida and Tennessee while I will go back to my roots and run Mid-South Wrestling in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. Together we will all work under the umbrella of the Universal Wrestling Federation (UWF) and we will all recognize a unified world champion and we will all participate together to run 5 or 6 Super Cards per year. I am also very excited to announce that on May 4th in the Cotton Bowl at the David VonErich Memorial Parade of Champions we will crown the first ever UWF Unified World Champion.

Both Watts and Ladd take a moment to hype up the tag team tournament that is continuing and will determine the #1 contenders for the UWF Tag Team Championship currently held by the Perfect Alliance.

Ross takes us to the ring which is in fact the first semifinal of that tournament.

MATCH:

THE ROAD WARRIORS with Paul Ellering

VS

THE RAT PACK

(BUDDY LANDELL & ERIC EMBRY)

It didn’t matter how dirty the Rat Pack played this, they were just overmatched. They have played possum before but this time they seemed to be really scared. In the end, Animal scooped up Embry onto of his shoulders while Hawk dove from the top rope and hit a massive clothesline. As Embry flipped in mid-air, Jim Ross called this devastating move the Doomsday Device! Whatever it was, it was all she wrote.

The Rad Warriors came over to the interview desk and hyped up the fact that it didn’t matter who faced, TOTAL DESTRUCTION would follow.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

VS

ROTTEN RON STARR

A nice and clean win here from the North American Champion as he was just too much for Starr. The end came when Duggan followed up a big suplex with a nasty football tackle. Just as the ref mad his 3 count, Dibiase comes to the interview desk.

Ted Dibiase: Well now it is time for Cowboy Bill Watts to stand up and be an honest man like myself.

Jim Ross: Oh brother

Ted Dibiase: Shut up Ross. Everyone has seen the video of me being robbed in Texas of the USWA title. Well now it is time for Watts to right a wrong and give me a North American Title shot against this no good sack of potatoes in the ring right now. We all know that I am the best wrestler around and Duggan wouldn’t stand chance.

By this time, Duggan has made his way over to the interview desk where he is challenging Dibiase right now who is playing it real cool until Duggan takes his eyes off him for one second.

WHAM!

Dibiase pops Duggan in the back of the head and now is really giving him the business. Embry and Landell re-emerge from their beatings by the Road Warriors and help out. This goes on for a minute or two before the Calvary of JYD and Dusty Rhodes hit the scene and the Rat Pack scamper away.

CHRIS BENOIT

VS

“LEAPING” LANNY POFFO

For most of this match, the crowd and the announcers were still focused on what the Rat Pack did to Duggan. Benoit performed well here and in the end, he clamped in old fashion Cross Face Chicken Wing for the submission victory. Both men showed some mutual respect with a handshake at the end.

UWF WORLD TV TITLE MATCH

BILLY JACK HAYNES

VS

HANGMAN BOBBY JAGGERS

Billy Jack’s power was just too much for Jaggers and the end came by submission after the Full Nelson.

MATCH:

NON-TITLE

THE PERFECT ALLIANCE (EATON & ARN ANDERSON with BABY DOLL)

VS

JUNK YARD DOG & SWEET BROWN SUGAR

JYD had things under control and looked like he was going to get the victory here in a match that had some nice chain wrestling in the beginning but turned into a power (JYD) vs chicanery (Perfect Alliance) type fight. In the end, Baby Doll distracted the ref and Eaton hit JYD with a low blow. JYD was able to make the tag but the Perfect Alliance double teamed Sugar. Arn connected with a Spine Buster followed by an Alabama Jam by Eaton and that was that.

A quick interview by Baby Doll and she seemed overly confident that here team could easily defeat the Road Warriors if in fact that somehow managed to win the #1 contenders tournament. .

All of a sudden the speakers blare “Iron Man” from Black Sabbath and the Road Warriors rush out but they were not quick enough to catch the Perfect Alliance who took off in a full sprint.

Jim Ross: Hahaha! Not afraid says Baby Doll. The Perfect Alliance were faster than a jack rabbit running away from a hungry bobcat. So long from Shreveport.

2JxiCnN.jpg?1

SHOW ENDS WITH PROMOS FROM THIS WEEKS BIG CARD AT THE MYRIAD IN OKLAHOMA CITY.

MATCHES INCLUDE:

NORTH AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Ted Dibiase

I have to wonder how Benoit's career (and life) might have turned out if he'd got his start in the southern territories.

"Rad Warriors" is the best typo ever! I'm imagining them in a Dynamic Dudes type of gimmick: carrying skateboards, wearing backwards caps, neon sunglasses, and Bermuda shorts...

"...faster than a jack rabbit running away from a hungry bobcat" is perfect Jim Ross.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

FROM DALLAS, TEXAS

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to USWA Wrestling, a UWF Promotion, from the world’s most famous wrestling arena, The Sportatorium in downtown Dallas, Texas. I am Lance Russell along with “Playboy” Gary Hart. Gary Hart jumps right in with a rundown of tonight’s show and hypes up the fact that his men, Snuka, Fatu and the Tonga Kid are going to become the new 6 Man World Tag Champs when they defeat the Miracle Violence Committee.

MATCH:

USWA HEAYWEIGHT CHAMPION

KERRY VON ERICH

VS

“MANIAC” MARK LEWIN

Kerry beats Lewin with the Tornado Punch-Iron Claw combo and then goes to the interview desk where he is congratulated by Lance Russell.

All of a sudden Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin and Precious interrupt and condemn Kerry for not giving him a title shot. Garvin screams that Kerry is just afraid and knows he would lose that belt of his.

Kerry tells Jimmy Garvin that he sounds real sure of himself to which Garvin agrees and says he would bet anything that he could beat Kerry Von Erich. Kerry asks “anything” which Garvin again says yes to.

Kerry Von rich: Well, I tell you what! I will put my belt on the line against you if you put up that valet on your arms. That’s right! My belt vs Your Valet for 90 days!

Jimmy Garvin thinks about it and then simply says “DEAL” to which Precious almost loses her mind.

Fritz VonErich comes out and discusses the new UWF with Lance Russell.

Fritz: I am so excited today to tell you that wrestling as you know it about to change for the better! Cowboy Bill Watts and myself have decided to partner with Jerry Jarrett, David Woods and Ron Fuller. Together we will make up the UWF. I, along with some help from Jerry Jarrett, will continue to run the USWA in Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana, David and Ron will run Continental Championship Wrestling in Alabama, Mississippi, and parts of Florida and Tennessee while Cowboy Watts will go back to his roots and run Mid-South Wrestling in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. Together we will all work under the umbrella of the Universal Wrestling Federation (UWF) and we will all recognize a unified world champion and we will all participate together to run 5 or 6 Super Cards per year. I am also very excited to announce that on May 4th in the Cotton Bowl at the David VonErich Memorial Parade of Champions where we will crown the first ever UWF Unified World Champion.

All of a sudden Jerry “The King” Lawler” comes out to a loud chorus of boos.

Jerry Lawler: Shut up all you filthy people from the slums of Texas. Hey Lance, Did you know that Texas is a place where man are men and the sheep are real afraid!

Lance Russell: Come on now Jerry.

Jerry Lawler: Well Frtiz, I heard you say a new world champ was going to be crowned so I thought you meant me. I am the only King of wrestling so you might as well just crown me the champion now instead of wasting everyone’s time.

Fritz Von Erich: Not so fast Mr. Lawler. There are plenty of deserving wrestlers including my son, Kerry, and we will just have to wait and see how this plays out.

This really set the King off but Russell directed our attention back to the ring. Gary Hart is heard in the background telling Lawler that he feels his pain and that he is sick and tired of USWA Wrestling being the Von Erich Family Wrestling Association.

MATCH:

WARRIOR

VS

MIKE JACKSON

This muscle bound newcomer is on a roll and it is no different here as he claims victory by a running power slam!

MATCH:

KEVIN VON ERICH

VS

“HANGMAN” BOBBY JAGGERS

Jaggers comes out cracking his whip but all that gets cracked here is his head. VonErich quickly tired on Jaggers tactics and went to work and finished him off with a Top Rope Bare Footed Death Leap!

MATCH:

RUSHER KIMURA

VS

JIMMY DEL RAY

Just a complete massacre of poor, young Jimmy Del Ray. The 6’1 near 275 pound Kimura was very impressive with such moves as a double arm suplex and massive chops that echoed throughout the building. The end came after Rusher did little to endear him to the USWA fans as he gave the throat slashing kill sign to the crowd before nearly decapitating the young Jimmy Del Ray with a powerful Running Lariat.

MATCH:

UWF WORLD 6 MAN TAG TITLE MATCH

THE MIRACLE VIOLENCE COMMITTEE (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez)

VS

JIMMY SNUKA & THE SAVAGE SAMOANS (Fatu &Tonga Kid) with Gary Hart

A very entertaining match that almost saw new champs. Snuka connected with a Super Fly Death Leap on Gordy and looked like he was going to get the pin but this was a wild match and Gordy was in fact not the legal man. At the same time, Dr. Death connected with an Oklahoma Stampede on Tonga Kid. Both Gordy and Tonga Kid were covered at the same time and when the ref counted 3, Hart thought his men were the new champs. Boy was he outraged when the Violence Committee had their hands raised.

Dr. Death gave himself a lot of the credit in the post-match interview and told Gordy he better get back on his game!

SEMIFINAL: #1 CONTENDERS MATCH

THE ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS

VS

THE TENNESSEE STUD STABLE (WILDFIRE RICH & EDDIE GILLBERT)

Baby face vs Baby face here and both teams played it pretty clean. The RnR Express used their speed to frustrate the TN Studs. Rich, tired of being outwrestled, changed tactics and went to his brawling style which surprised everyone including Lance Russell who gave him one of his famous “what is the Sam Hill is Wildfire doing.”

In the end we see Morton roll out of trouble and make the tag to Gibson and the two connect with a double drop kick for the victory.

Lance Russell hypes up the fact that the Rn R Express will face the Road Warriors to determine who gets the next UWF World Tag Team Title shot!

Lance Russell: So long from Dallas, Texas. Don’t forget to join us this week in Nashville, TN.

SHOW ENDS WITH PROMOS FROM THIS WEEKS BIG CARD IN NASHVILLE

MATCHES INCLUDE:

USWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Kerry Von Erich vs Jimmy Garvin: Belt vs Valet

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

iS65ozu.jpg

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Tulsa Convention Center here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. Let’s begin todays show with some highlights from that big card in Oklahoma City and the match for the North American Title between Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Ted Dibiase.

VIDEO MATCH

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE

HACKSAW JIMM DUGGAN VS TED DIBIASE

The finish from this brawl is wild as we see Dibiase in control. After ramming Duggan’s head into the steel ring post Duggan is busted open. Dibiase turns away from the ref and seems to be loading up that black glove of his. He comes in and throws a wild haymaker that Duggan ducks under. Duggan hits the ropes and comes off we a massive football tackle but before he can make the cover, the rest of the Rat Pack, Eric Embry and Buddy Landell rush in and attack Duggan. Duggan might have won this match by DQ but he looks a little worse for wear.

Jim Duggan is at the interview desk where he is screaming about getting even with the entire Rat Pack and he demands a rematch with Dibiase this week in New Orleans at the Lake Front Area!

Before we get back to the action, Jim Ross informs us that Hacksaw Duggan has completely lost his mind and has signed a contract to face the entire Rat Pack by himself and if he loses, Ted Dibiase will get a title shot in two weeks in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Ladd is laughing at how stupid Duggan is and he can’t wait to see the Rat Pack take him apart. For once, even Jim Ross thinks Ladd might be correct.

DUSTY RHODES

VS

THE CUBAN ASSASSIN

The Cuban Assassin does a good job of getting some heat from the crowd as he is waving the Cuban flag around and screaming about how disgusting America is. This just makes the crowd pop even more for the American Dream.

In the end, Dusty had to rally as he did have some trouble with the Assassins power. Dusty gave his signature shaking as his adrenaline got flowing. The Assassins blows began to have no effect on Rhodes who blocked a right hand and followed it up with three straight Bionic Elbows. For good measure, Rhodes added a piledriver and claimed victory here.

After the match, The American Dream is so excited by the news of the UWF.

Dusty Rhodes: Mr. Jim Ross! There is justice in America! I was cheated by two snakes in the grass. Ted Dibiase and Jerry Lawler! I was not allowed another USWA Title Shot until 1986. Now I hear that there is going to be a Unified World Title! That’s right baaaaby! THE UWF will unify the wrestling world and guess who plans on being the first Champ! That’s right, little old me! I may be blue collared all the way. I might wear denim hats all the time. But one thing is for sure. The best part of my wardrobe is Gold Belts and that UWF Title will fit my flabby belly perfectly.

As the Dream walks away Jim Ross has no choice but to chuckle as Ernie Ladd is grumbling something.

As Rhodes leaves, we get the 6 Man champs at the interview desk. Where Dr. Death, Gordy and Manny Fernandez hype their feud with the Sheiks. All three are disgusted how Reed, Patera and Blackwell can turn their backs on America just to get their hands in the pockets of a lowlife like Akbar.

Ernie Ladd tells them that they should stop whining and get used to the fact that you all are about to lose those belts of yours.

Dr. Death: You hear that Bam Bam? It’s time you get back on your game and not make me do all the heavy lifting.

Before Gordy has a chance to respond, the Sheiks attack from behind. With the advantage of a sneak attack, Reed, Patera and Blackwell were unstoppable. The champs were scattered all around the arena when all of a sudden, a one person cavalry tries to make the save.

Jim Ross: Good God almighty! It’s Freebird Michael Hayes and he is trying to save the day for the Miracle Violence Committee.

Reed, Patera and Blackwell nearly kill Hayes as Ross is heard saying, “As God is my witness, I think Michael Hayes has been broken in half.”

When Gordy finally comes to, he sees Hayes lying next to him and he has a confused look on his face.

Here we get a taped interview from the Dallas, Texas and the Rock n Roll Express who admit that they might just be the underdogs next week in the match against the Road Warriors but that they will give it their all and do everything they can against the Road Warriors to ensure that they get a title shot against the Perfect Alliance.

When the video ends, the Road Warriors are at the interview desk and all fired up!

Paul Ellering: “It doesn’t matter if the Rock n Roll Express give it their all or not. They are simply going to get the beating of their lives and then the Road Warriors will move on to those two punks, Bobby Eaton and Arn Anderson! Baby Doll, you better get your last little cuddle with your boys as my men are coming to take their belts and there aint nothing you or anybody else can do about it!

MATCH:

BIG BUBBA ROGERS

VS

JYD

Big Bubba Rogers is getting better and better and almost stuns the crowd with a defeat on their beloved JYD. Bubba connected with a sidewalk slam but JYD kicked out at 2. JYD recovered and eventually connected with a Big Thump (powerslam) and claimed the victory. Ernie Ladd hyped up Big Bubba and even went so far as to say that if he was to put together Ladd’s Army again, he might seriously think about adding Big Bubba Rogers.

MATCH:

KIWI SHEEPHERDERS

(JONATHAN BOYD & RIP MORGAN)

VS

MIKE GRAHAM & MIKE JACKSON

Here we get Jonathan Boyd and a new Sheepherders, Rip Morgan who are as intimidating as they come. They come out wearing long capes and waving around a flag. They hit the ring and attack right away and it typical Sheepherder fashion, this is nothing about wrestling but more about just beating the crap out of the blokes in the ring. The contest finally came to an end after the 6’4 275 pound beast, Rip Morgan connected with freighting powerbomb!

Jim Ross: The Sheepherders are back! Now these are some words that wrestling fans around this area didn’t want to hear! So long from Tulsa!

SHOW ENDS WITH PROMOS FROM THIS WEEKS BIG CARD AT THE MYRIAD IN OKLAHOMA CITY WHERE THE MAIN EVENT WILL BE

NORTH AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs the entire Rat Pack in an elimination match.

It just feels right having Ellering with the Warriors!

I'm excited to see the team of Boyd and Morgan here, I always enjoyed Boyd in Memphis and Continental when I was a kid.

Michael Hayes in the mix certainly makes things even more interesting with the MVC.

I'll get with you soon on some dates for the UWF champions.

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING:

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.

Jim Ross: Before we get to our first bout we just got to take a look at the video tape and see the main event from Lake Front Arena from this past week.

VIDEO MATCH

ELIMINATION MATCH

HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

VS THE RAT PACK

(EMBRY, LANDELL AND DIBIASE)

Here we see Duggan’s epic struggle to defeat the entire Rat Pack in one shot and it appears to be going well as he makes quick work of Eric Embry after a big football tackle but after that, the numbers game got to him. Dibiase and Landell seemed to have their way with him. Duggan rallied as Landell went for the Figure 4 but Duggan kicked him off and connected with a suplex for the 3 count.

Now we were where everyone hoped we would be. Dugan vs Dibiase! Dibiase plays a little stall game but it didn’t matter. Duggan eventually caught him and connected with some big power moves. Duggan lined up Dibiase for a football tackle but at the last second Dibiase moved away and

WHAM!

Duggan leveled ref Scrappy McGowen and he was out.

Dibiase quickly adjusted the loaded glove and clocked Duggan after Duggan checked on the ref.

The rest of the Rat Pack came in and tripled teamed an almost unconscious Hacksaw. Embry connected with a spike piledriver and Dibiase hit a few flying back elbow drops. When the ref finally made it back to the action, Dibiase arrogantly stepped on the chest of Duggan as the ref completed the 3 count.

When we come out of the tape we see a smug Dibiase and the rest of the Rat Pack at the interview desk. Dibiase is smiling as he says that Duggan better watch out for what he asks for from now on and that he better think twice before calling out the Rat Pack. Dibiase now switches gears and calls out Duggan and his North American Title.

Duggan comes running out swinging his big 2 x 4 and the Rat Pack scamper.

Hacksaw Duggan: I am sick and tired of Ted Dibiase and his little tagalongs. It is time for Dibiase to face me where he can’t get any help from his minions. I challenge Ted Dibiase to a Steel Cage match this week in Little Rock for the North American Title!

Jim Ross informs us that Ted Dibiase has accepted the Steel Cage Match and that the people in Little Rock better get their tickets now!

All of a sudden Ross gets a report that there is a disturbance in the back. By the time a cameraman gets there all we see is Michael Hayes bent over a bloodied Terry Gordy. Gordy is a real mess and when they ask Hayes what happened, Michael is just calling for a doctor and ignores the question.

MATCH:

THE SHEIKS with Akbar

(REED, PATERA & BLACKWELL)

VS

BRETT SAWYER, MIKE GRAHAM & SWEET BROWN SUGAR

The Sheiks destroy their opponents here. The end comes when Crusher Blackwell leaps off the mid-rope with a 420 pound flying elbow on Mike Graham who had just been Gorilla Pressed Slam by Reed.

As the Sheiks get to the interview desk, they are asked by Ross if they had anything to with the attack on Terry Gordy. They played it real cool but it was obvious that they did.

Hacksaw Reed: While we just feel awful (smile) about what happened to one Mr. Gordy a few minutes ago, I am more interested as to why it was Michael Hayes who came to his rescue and not Mr. Steve “Dr. Death” Williams or Manny “The Raging Bull” Fernandez. I mean those two cats claim to be his partners and that they got each other’s backs but it was Michael Hayes who saved Gordy tonight. I mean those dudes aint got not shot at beating us but if they aint even on the same page, they gonna get seriously hurt!

Ernie Ladd boldly predicts that we will see new 6 man champs this week in Little Rock when the Sheiks take on the Miracle Violence Committee.

Bill Watts is at the interview desk where he informs us that 12 wrestlers, 4 from each UWF territory have been chosen to compete in a tournament to crown the first ever UWF World Heavyweight Champion. He goes on to explain that in each promotion, the 4 wrestlers will face off in two matches and then the two winners will wrestle to decide who will represent them in the 3 Way Dance for the UWF Title Match on May 4th at the David Von Erich Memorial. He goes on to say that these matches will take place next week right here on WTBS. It will be Dusty Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

Ernie Ladd and Jim Ross both hype this up but they do not agree on who the winners will be.

CHRIS BENOIT

VS

RUSHER KIMURA

Benoit gives it his all but the rookie is just not experienced enough to finish off Kimura. This was Kimura’s first challenge in the UWF but in the end he followed up a double arm suplex with a big running lariat for the victory. Again he angers the fans with the throat slashing kill sign before covering Benoit for the pin.

Ross and Ladd both hype the fact that Kimura is undefeated since appearing in the UWF.

After the match we see Dusty Rhodes and JYD at the interview desk and they are both hyping up the fact that they are sick and tired of all the nonsense going on around here. They bring up Terry Gordy attacked in the parking lot by the Sheiks. They go into the Rat Pack and Ted Dibiase and his loaded glove along with his cronies, Eric Embry and Buddy Landell. JYD takes control and is howling about how excited he would be if his good pal was to become the 1st ever UWF World Champ!

Jim Ross seems also very excited by that possibility but gets us back to the ring where for the second week in a row, we see the Kiwi Sheepherders.

MATCH:

THE KIWI SHEEPHERDERS

(Jonathan Boyd and Rip Morgan)

VS

Joe Savoldi and Lanny Poffo

In typical fashion, the Sheepherders do a great job of getting some heat from the fans and their rough and tumble style does nothing to change this tonight. In the end, they just pummeled their opponents for the victory.

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

BILLY JACK HAYNES

VS

BIG BUBBA RODGERS

The UWF rookies have been on a roll of late and this was a huge chance for Rogers to really go over the top. He was very physical here and also very violent. The crowd ended up tiring of his tactics after he refused to break cleanly and caught Hayes with a new to the cut. Haynes had to rally and was eventually able to get the submission with the Oregonian Full Nelson!

Jim Ross: So long from Shreveport. Be sure to get out for our next UWF TV taping in Tulsa next week and for those anywhere near New Orleans this week, it is going to be a BIG ONE!

SHOW ENDS WITH PROMOS FROM THIS WEEKS BIG CARD NEW ORLEANS.

6 MAN WORLD TITLE BOUT

The Miracle Violence Committee vs The Sheiks with Akbar

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE BOUT (STEEL CAGE)

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Ted Dibiase

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING:

4/7/1985: WTBS

9:05-10:05

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

After the regular opening, we see footage from the big 6 Man Tag Team Title Match between the Miracle Violence Committee and the Sheiks from this past week in Little Rock. We see Manny Fernandez and Ken Patera brawling outside the ring while Terry Gordy is getting it pretty good from Hacksaw Reed. Somehow, Gordy escapes and goes to tag Dr. Death but Williams just ignores Bam Bam. Gordy turns and is caught by Hacksaw Reed for a Gorilla Press Slam. Reed quickly tags in Crusher Blackwell who climbs to the middle rope and connects with a 410 pound diving elbow for the victory! We then see Williams come in and attack Gordy and really adds insult to injury with an Oklahoma Stampede!

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Tulsa Convention Center here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.

Jim Ross: That’s right folks. You saw it correctly. We have new 6 Man World Champions as Dr. Death turned on Terry Gordy.

All of a sudden we see Williams come out to the interview desk where he is loud and clear that he was sick and tired of carrying Terry Gordy. He explains that each and every match he would have to bail out that fat loser and he just couldn’t stand it anymore.

Ernie Ladd is shaking his head in agreement and adds that he is surprised that Dr. Death didn’t do this a long time ago. Ladd adds that having a title is nice but if you are doing the work for three men but only being paid as one it is time to move on!

Jim Ross: Well folks, believe it or not, that is not all that happened in Little Rock. Let’s get back to the video tape and see the wild ending in the Steel Cage Match for the North American Title Match between Hacksaw Duggan vs Ted Dibiase. Remember folks, this is a No DQ match.

The video starts with Duggan and Dibiase slugging it out in the middle ring when all of a sudden Eric Embry and Buddy Landell climb out from under the ring and scale the cage to aid their Rat Pack leader, Ted Dibiase.

Hacksaw has no shot here 3-1 and takes a good beating. The Rat Pack use the cage to their full advantage as they grind Duggans forehead into the mesh. He is a bloody mess as Dibiase adjusts that loaded black glove and

WHAM!

Duggan is out!

Dibiase starts to strut as he can smell the North American Title. As he goes to tell the gate keeper to open the door, the crowd explodes.

Dusty Rhodes and JYD rush to ringside. As Dibiase is about to exit the door,

WHAM!

Rhodes slams it across the head of Dibiase and now he is down.

Rhodes and JYD enter the ring and catch Landell and Embry. Rhodes hits Landell with a huge Bionic Elbow while JYD whips Embry into the ropes and catches him with a powerslam!

Rhodes and JYD simply carry Duggan out of the ring for the victory as the Rat Pack is left scattered all over the ring!

Hacksaw Duggan is at the interview desk screaming about how good it is to have friends and that he is grateful to the American Dream and JYD. He goes on to say that from here on out, the good guys got each other’s backs and that it is the beginning of some rough times for groups like the Rat Pack and Akbar!

Jim Ross says that he is about to face off with one of Akbar’s men in the tournament for the UWF Championship. Duggan seems really pumped up and that Hacksaw Reed better watch out.

WHAM!

Duggan is attacked by Sheiks Patera and Blackwell. Nobody can hold their own against these two and even though it only lasts a minute or two,the damage was done. Crusher Blackwell connected with a Giant Splash and Duggan is in a bad way. Finally Rhodes and JYD come to the rescue but it is too late.

While Rhodes and JYD are screaming about Akbar and his men at the interview desk, Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and apologizes but Duggan must either get in the ring now or forfeit his entry in the UWF Championship Tournament.

There is no way that Duggan would forfeit this match but he needs Rhodes and JYD to help him to the ring.

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

HACKSAW DUGGAN

VS

HACKSAW REED

(NORTH AMERICAN TITLE NOT ON THE LINE)

Even at 100%, Reed is be hard to beat. After the attack by the Sheiks, Duggan is in no shape to take on Reed. After just a few minutes, Reed ends it with a Gorilla Press Slam. Rhodes and JYD scamper into the ring to make sure that there is no further damage done to their buddy.

Ernie Ladd hypes up the fact that Reed is moving on while Duggan is out of the UWF Tournament.

Jim Ross wonders if Reed could be the first ever Unified UWF World Champion at the same time he is part of the UWF World 6 Man Champs.

KIWI SHEEPHERDERS

(Rip Morgan & Jonathan Boyd)

VS

BRETT SAWYER & JOE SAVOLDI

The Kiwi Sheepherders continue on their roll as once again they pummel their opponents.

JYD

VS

BOBBY JAGGERS

JYD is so fired up by everything that has been happening around here that he could have run through a cement wall. Unfortunately for Jaggers, JYD took it all out on him. The win came in less than 2 minutes with JYD connecting with a big THUMP POWERSLAM.

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

DUSTY RHODES

VS

TED DIBIASE

A great 50/50 match up here that sees the fan favorite start on the bottom after an eye gouge. Rhodes recovers and had the match won but the Rat Pack rushed down to interfere. The crowd explodes as a bandages Hacksaw Jim Duggan and JYD intercept them and the two groups brawl out on the floor. Rhodes finishes off Dibiase with a piledriver for the victory.

Ernie Ladd is disgusted at the fact that they American Dream is moving on in the tournament due to outside help from his goon friends.

Jim Ross: Once again Big Cat, I have no idea what you are watching. Anyway this sets up a huge main event this week in New Orleans! It will be Dusty Rhodes and Hacksaw Reed in the Unified World Champion Tournament.