Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 34 - Card Speculation Thread

supersonic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see him keeping the title for 12 straight months when he's so part time, and knowing how long a year is on Raw, but on the other hand, Brock dropping a fall to someone would negate the point of having Roman be the one to dethrone him at Mania.

Maybe they have him lose in some big multi-man thing to get it off him for a month or so.

Dragging this Roman stuff out for another year is some bullshit though. Summerslam would have been adequate.

Roman vs Brock was the best Wrestlemania main event in a long, long time, and one of their best matches ever. I am fucking HYPED for that.

I was hoping they'd do Roman/Braun next Mania but this is totally cool by me. Maybe that'll blow off at Summerslam since they seem to be keeping it warm.

What I'd been hoping as the top matches:

Balor vs. Orton

Rollins vs. Nakamura

Wyatt vs. HHH

Joe vs. Reigns

Lesnar vs. Styles

Cena vs. Taker

Modification after the scoop:

Joe vs. Orton

Rollins vs. Nakamura

Wyatt vs. HHH

Lesnar vs. Reigns

Balor vs. Styles

Cena vs. Taker

I can't see him keeping the title for 12 straight months when he's so part time, and knowing how long a year is on Raw, but on the other hand, Brock dropping a fall to someone would negate the point of having Roman be the one to dethrone him at Mania.

Maybe they have him lose in some big multi-man thing to get it off him for a month or so.

Dragging this Roman stuff out for another year is some bullshit though. Summerslam would have been adequate.

With the brand split and having alternating brand exclusive events they can easily keep the belt on Brock Lesnar for 12 months. Lesnar wrestles like 2 or 3 times a year at this point...it wouldn't be too difficult to add two or three more matches to his workload. Lesnar is way too expensive to be as stale as he is as a special attraction. The fans just don't care that much anymore about him so why continue going down that road with him? Give Lesnar a major push for a year as his last stand, have Reigns beat him at Mania and then probably let him go.

I would be ok with Brock getting some real momentum back with a full year as champ. The rosters are such that he could have 7 or 8 really compelling matches that keep him interesting and really establish his reign as something special. I would even have him beat Reigns at Summer Slam (or earlier) in a competitive match that Brock winds up winning somewhat convincingly (giving Reigns a month or two off). It would make sense to book that close after Mania if Reigns goes over taker. If they really do bring Styles over they could do Styles/Brock at SummerSlam as well. Between Reigns, Rollins, Balor, Owens, Styles (maybe), Joe and with a little work Zayn and Cesaro there are plenty of options to keep Brock's potential year LONG run fresh and compelling before Reigns finally bests him.

I kind of want to keep AJ Styles as far away from Brock as possible. Same thing with Daniel Bryan in 2014 before he went on the shelf. I don't want to see great wrestlers get gobbled up by Brock because no other result seems realistic. I didn't think Punk looked good against Brock even if other people did. It'd probably be worse with Styles (and in fact I am positive what happened to Cena at Summerslam is exactly what they wanted from Daniel Bryan had he held on to the title).

I don't know. I think those kinds of wrestlers are uniquely set up to give Brock something different and great. Brock/Punk was pretty great in my mind and I still believe Bryan/Brock would have been epic. I don't think they would feed styles to Brock for a squash.

I hope you're right. I don't see it but anything's possible. To me I think of Brock as something similar to Wrestlemania form Undertaker. All of his high profile matches since coming back were against guys he worked extensively in his original run (like the Big Show or Goldberg or Taker), the top level main eventers and legends (Cena, Orton and Triple H) or guys the WWE has hopes for (Each member of the Shield or CM Punk). I'm not counting the house show squashes against low level names, just the guys he has a major match with on the main roster PPVs. AJ Styles probably could fit in the third category but I am not interested in seeing Styles bust his ass to get a good match only to have Brock repeatedly toss him around in suplexes. That said, if Brock is in fact going to be the champion and AJ Styles is going to switch brands then yes I acknowledge the inevitability of a Styles/Lesnar title match along the way somewhere and will just have to see what they do.

Funny thing, if this happens it will be the third "coronation" of Reigns as the top guy yet some folks will still think he's being rejected because of Daniel Bryan. I mean, yes that was the start, but the continual force feeding of him as the one the company wants on top is the reason the backlash continues.

Do we know what time this is supposed to start? Like the actual start time, and also the pre-show start time (the part with matches). A couple friends want to come over and I don't really have any interest in a 12 hour day watching Mania in real time. Is the show supposed to be 3-8? 4-9? Worse?