Pro Wrestling Only

R-Truth

Loss

This is probably going to be a very short thread, but I just watched a match of his against Jerry Lawler from 2000 and genuinely wondered if he's ever had a good match. I'm sure he's had some that are fine, but good? I'm not saying he hasn't, just asking because I can't really recall a single notable thing in his career, yet he's been a fixture in major promotions for going on two decades.

He had none during his tenure of TNA it seems (I have only a few months to go before he goes away as I'm moving into 2006). And he never had any in the WWE stuff I've seen. To me he's one of the typical "wasted motion" worker, combining the worst traits of RVD and Booker T without any of their good or singular attributes. Total waste of athletic ability. Could be a decent promo though, but damn, bad rapping and bad matches for 17 years straight on TV, has to be a record.

Alright I've got these matches on file:

Truth/Morrison vs Drew Mac/Jericho - SD, 22nd January 2010

R-Truth vs Miz - Raw, 24th May 2010

John Cena vs R-Truth - Capitol Punishment 2011

Rey vs Alberto vs Truth - Raw, 4th July 2011

Rey Mysterio vs R-Truth - Raw, 18th July 2011

Rey/Morrison vs Miz/Truth - Raw, 1st August 2011

R-Truth vs John Morrison (Falls Count Anywhere) - Raw, 15th August 2011

R-Truth vs John Morrison - Superstars, 1st September 2011

Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth - Survivor Series 2011

Kofi/Truth vs Dolph/Swagger - SD, 21st Feb 2012

Kofi/Truth vs Dolph/Swagger vs Colons - Raw, 27th Feb 2012

Kofi/Truth vs Colons - Raw, 30th April 2012

Kofi/Truth vs Dolph/Swagger - Over the Limit 2012

Cesaro vs Barrett vs Kofi vs Truth - Raw, 3rd December 2012

That's all I can find. Slim pickings. So basically the two best in-ring periods of his career were when he turned heel in 2011, and his tag team with Kofi.

I'd take a guess that the match vs Morrison on Superstars is his best straight up, no gimmick singles match. The triple threat with Rey and Alberto is my favourite match that he's in though, that's a really good match.

I know we've talked before about how it's nigh on impossible to be in WWE these days for any length of time without accumulating at least some good matches. Truth does a lot to test that theory, he's been around since 2008 - plus 5 years in TNA and a short WWF stint before that - and only has a handful of good matches to show for it, and nothing remotely high end. Luckily for him he's entertaining enough outside of the ring.