Pro Wrestling Only

WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

Ricky Jackson

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/next-for-2017-wwe-unseen-matches-dvd-collection/134396/

This is due to come out in the summer and will be hosted by Sean Mooney. What can we realistically expect from this? Will the mythical Bret Hart vs Tom Magee match finally surface? Looks like it will cover 1986-1995

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few matches from those time frames that were dark matches at tapings that never made it to TV that I'd like to see.

Most any of the PPV dark matches, especially the WM8-10 even though most of 10 can be seen during the pre-show.

Midnight Rockers original debut in 1987

Studd-Andre from 1989

Full Duggan-Savage match where Savage wins the crown

Hogan-Earthquake stretcher match

Warrior/Tornado vs Rude/Perfect

Savage/Sid - Jake/Undertaker

Warrior/Undertaker - Papa Shango/Kamala

Ultimate Warrior-Ric Flair

MegaManiacs vs. Money Inc Lumberjack match

Luger vs. Ludvig Borga

Lawler vs Owen from the Survivor Series Showdown that didn't air when Lawler had legal issues.

Bret/Luger vs Owen/Yokozuna

Lots of cool debut and tryout matches, but I can't see putting them into this collection unless it's something like the Rockers or another Hall of Famer.

I'd like to see them throw out some of the ppv dark matches. Yeah, most of them were jobber squashes, but there were still some interesting sounding ones there like Public Enemy vs Smoking Gunns (Survivor Series 95) or Adam Bomb vs Kwang (Summerslam 94).

I'd like to see them throw out some of the ppv dark matches. Yeah, most of them were jobber squashes, but there were still some interesting sounding ones there like Public Enemy vs Smoking Gunns (Survivor Series 95) or Adam Bomb vs Kwang (Summerslam 94).

Even if they don't include matches like the 2 Darks you mentioned, they should start adding them to the Network either as a group in the Hidden Gems packs or even add them as an option with the PPV catalogues.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/next-for-2017-wwe-unseen-matches-dvd-collection/134396/

This is due to come out in the summer and will be hosted by Sean Mooney. What can we realistically expect from this? Will the mythical Bret Hart vs Tom Magee match finally surface? Looks like it will cover 1986-1995

I actually do think there's a chance we get Hart - Magee, since it's gotten so much talk and would guarantee a bunch of sales.

Based on the Attitude Era Unreleased set, I think they will go beyond just Coliseum stuff. I think we get lots of taping dark stuff, which would be very cool.

Hopefully Steiners vs Harts in upgraded quality makes the cut.

See, what would be the point of that? Is the Wrestlefest '94 version of poor video quality? You can literally watch that anytime you want on Dailymotion or Youtube.

The point is I would want to see it it in the highest quality possible instead of garbage ass Dailymotion streaming why.png

The fuck you mean what would be the point? Yeah, how weird I 'd want to see it in quality good enough for HD TVs.

See, what would be the point of that? Is the Wrestlefest '94 version of poor video quality? You can literally watch that anytime you want on Dailymotion or Youtube.

The point is I would want to see it it in the highest quality possible instead of garbage ass Dailymotion streaming why.png

The fuck you mean what would be the point? Yeah, how weird I 'd want to see it in quality good enough for HD TVs.

It's an Unseen Matches DVD. You've seen the match. It's on a Coliseum Video. It's on a modern DVD.

But yeah, I'm the obtuse one.

It's an Unseen Matches DVD. You've seen the match. It's on a Coliseum Video. It's on a modern DVD.

But yeah, I'm the obtuse one.

WWE had put up "never before seen" matches on the Network that were in fact seen before either broadcast or on CHV tapes. It is not unreasonable to assume that some of the stuff put on it will have already been released at some point.

I wasn't aware it was on the Hart and Soul DVD because the version on the Network doesn't have it, meaning the highest quality version is either a 7 year old out of print DVD or a 23 year old vhs.

Since they found The Last Battle of Atlanta, I would hope they have, as a start:

Koloff winning the title from Bruno (don't know if there's footage)

Stasiak winning the title from Morales (same)

A complete version of Backlund's title win over Graham (this was on an ancient CV, and possibly the history of the WWE Championship DVD, but I'd like to see the whole thing)

The Savage - Bad News Brown match after Savage's heel turn in '89 where Bad News got the babyface reaction

Since they found The Last Battle of Atlanta, I would hope they have, as a start:

A complete version of Backlund's title win over Graham (this was on an ancient CV, and possibly the history of the WWE Championship DVD, but I'd like to see the whole thing)

The Savage - Bad News Brown match after Savage's heel turn in '89 where Bad News got the babyface reaction

The first three don't fit the range of the set (although they'd make great Hidden Gems on the network for sure).

https://youtu.be/XSMvywmoA08

That's basically Bob vs Superstar complete minus enterances.

Only footage of Bruno vs Ivan is 8mm handheld. I've never seen Bruno vs Stasiak footage of any kind

Edit: I guess Bob vs Superstar is clipped based on the video length and the recorded match time

Well if one of those Savage vs Steamboat cage matches from 87 exist I would think this would be the time to put it out there. Same goes for Bulldogs vs Hart Foundation cage matches from the same time period.

I'm sure the Savage vs Taker match they've showed clips of online will make the cut. Maybe a match or two from the outdoor stadium show from St.Louis in 91 as well.

It definitely has the potential to be good.

I know they've bought content from tape collectors for stuff they don't have in their vault for DVD sets (like Bret vs. Andre), but have they ever put a handheld bootleg on an official release? Maybe the curtain call? There's no reason to believe any of the ironman matches were professionally shot, is there?

If there's an ironman match that's going to be unearthed, I'm not sure I'd not rather see Rockers vs. Rougeaus from the Boston Garden (just a month or two after they stopped airing on NESN), just because it was the first of its kind to my knowledge.