Pro Wrestling Only

WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

Ricky Jackson

In addition to the ones mentioned, I look forward to the Megapowers circa 1992 vs Jake and Berzerker, although more to see Hogan work with Jake and Nord since they had very little interaction otherwise. Hogan eliminated the Berzerker from the 92 Rumble and only the brief clips from the Jake match in 86 in the local promo segment that I'm aware. I feel like Hogan and Nord would've worked great together, Hogan selling Nord's power moves like death and then Nord with his incredible bumping for the comeback.

I really just want to see this for Hogan and Savage's body language towards each other, as I think this was just around the time they were about to have a real-life falling out with each other over the impending divorce from Elizabeth.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the ones mentioned, I look forward to the Megapowers circa 1992 vs Jake and Berzerker, although more to see Hogan work with Jake and Nord since they had very little interaction otherwise. Hogan eliminated the Berzerker from the 92 Rumble and only the brief clips from the Jake match in 86 in the local promo segment that I'm aware. I feel like Hogan and Nord would've worked great together, Hogan selling Nord's power moves like death and then Nord with his incredible bumping for the comeback.

I really just want to see this for Hogan and Savage's body language towards each other, as I think this was just around the time they were about to have a real-life falling out with each other over the impending divorce from Elizabeth.

Not yet if Jake is in the match.

The lack of any actual unaired WCW matches suggests that they don't have any presentable WCW house show footage in their video library. If they did, you'd think they would have pulled out at least one such match since Savage worked a lot of house shows. Even a Nitro dark match would suffice (like Sting/Luger-Hogan/Savage at the Georgia Dome), but they probably don't have any of those either.

If I remember right in 92 didn't Hogan sub for Savage on a few shows during Macho's feud with Jake?

YES! I was hoping for some unseen Berzerker. Megapowers vs. Jake/Berzerker makes this a must see for me, even though it will probably be similar in quality to the Taker/Savage vs. Berzerker/Flair match that's also on here, which isn't bad but definitely has some house show coasting. Still excited for it though.

YES! I was hoping for some unseen Berzerker. Megapowers vs. Jake/Berzerker makes this a must see for me, even though it will probably be similar in quality to the Taker/Savage vs. Berzerker/Flair match that's also on here, which isn't bad but definitely has some house show coasting. Still excited for it though.

Ive seen that tag match on youtube. So Im guessing it ll be in german commentary?

I looked over the listing and forgive me if I missed it but still no Macho Man vs Undertaker 1991 match where Savage was wearing the red/white tights that everyone was disappointed wasn't on the last unreleased set? Why wouldn't put this one on here?

I looked over the listing and forgive me if I missed it but still no Macho Man vs Undertaker 1991 match where Savage was wearing the red/white tights that everyone was disappointed wasn't on the last unreleased set? Why wouldn't put this one on here?

Maybe they're saving it for an Undertaker unreleased set?

I was looking through 88-89-90 results and while you'll get some interesting ones on the house show tapings like Randy Savage & Brutus Beefcake vs WWF IC Champion the Honkytonk Man & Greg Valentine, they generally just did the same match over and over again with him on these. That'd be Savage vs Dibiase or Andre for most of 88, and then vs Warrior/Hogan/Duggan for most of 89, and then Dusty/Warrior for most of 90. We're probably talking very similar 7 minute matches again and again. It definitely lessens the pool.

I was looking through 88-89-90 results and while you'll get some interesting ones on the house show tapings like Randy Savage & Brutus Beefcake vs WWF IC Champion the Honkytonk Man & Greg Valentine, they generally just did the same match over and over again with him on these. That'd be Savage vs Dibiase or Andre for most of 88, and then vs Warrior/Hogan/Duggan for most of 89, and then Dusty/Warrior for most of 90. We're probably talking very similar 7 minute matches again and again. It definitely lessens the pool.

Yeah, there's likely a bit less than we'd expect. Although I do wish they'd picked a Dibiase match that wasn't from a televised house show, just for freshness.

Yeah, there's likely a bit less than we'd expect. Although I do wish they'd picked a Dibiase match that wasn't from a televised house show, just for freshness.

For freshness I would have liked a Dibiase/Savage match from 1991/1992 time as I believe they did wrestle sometime during this era.

Maybe, but it'd still be an interesting historical document since there's no other match on tape between the two.

On the other hand, the best ZombieTaker matches (Warrior bodybag match, the Bret match, both from MSG) involve the babyface relentlessly throwing everything they have at him while he tries to shrug it all off. Savage could execute that kind of formula in his sleep.

Savage-Taker '91 is not going to be very good at all, probably pretty bland. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If this was 1991 and not 2018 then fans would be lapping it up.

Ok? People use to lap up Ivan Putski matches too, what is your point?

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 4:22 PM, Migs said:

Much like the Savage DVD, the one show one mixes some interesting looking dark matches with a bunch of Raw matches. Was hoping for some more deep Rockers cuts, but there's at least a couple of good ones in there.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/full-content-wwe-shawn-michaels-showstopper-unreleased-dvd/

that looks kinda dope

On 6/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, Migs said:

Much like the Savage DVD, the one show one mixes some interesting looking dark matches with a bunch of Raw matches. Was hoping for some more deep Rockers cuts, but there's at least a couple of good ones in there.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/full-content-wwe-shawn-michaels-showstopper-unreleased-dvd/

Theres some good matches but do wish they were all dark matches and not ones already been seen before as thats what made Unreleased stand out.