Pro Wrestling Only

WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

Ricky Jackson

The curtain call show was recorded from at least a hard cam, but they've insisted on using the fan cam footage for 20 years for whatever reason. I assume nearly all house shows were recorded on a single cam shot even after they stopped airing them on MSG or Boston.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they've bought content from tape collectors for stuff they don't have in their vault for DVD sets (like Bret vs. Andre), but have they ever put a handheld bootleg on an official release? Maybe the curtain call? There's no reason to believe any of the ironman matches were professionally shot, is there?

If there's an ironman match that's going to be unearthed, I'm not sure I'd not rather see Rockers vs. Rougeaus from the Boston Garden (just a month or two after they stopped airing on NESN), just because it was the first of its kind to my knowledge.

I was going to mention the Rockers-Rougeaus "marathon" matches as well. Sounds like more fun than a single's ironman.

I know they've bought content from tape collectors for stuff they don't have in their vault for DVD sets (like Bret vs. Andre), but have they ever put a handheld bootleg on an official release? Maybe the curtain call? There's no reason to believe any of the ironman matches were professionally shot, is there?

If there's an ironman match that's going to be unearthed, I'm not sure I'd not rather see Rockers vs. Rougeaus from the Boston Garden (just a month or two after they stopped airing on NESN), just because it was the first of its kind to my knowledge.

Andre-Bret was ripped from Landy's YouTube channel. WWE didn't bother reaching out to see if they could get a better copy from him on DVD.

Also, dunno if there could potentially be any on video, but they did Strike Force be Islanders iron man) marathon matches first in 1987.

For the most recent Attitude Era unseen match set they would use a combination on some matches of fancam and pro shot. Kind of cool.

For the most recent Attitude Era unseen match set they would use a combination on some matches of fancam and pro shot. Kind of cool.

it surprises me that they'd use this stuff, because of their tyranny about footage showing up on youtube in the past. It's cool that we can see it, but I'm just shocked that they'd deal with people who recorded stuff "illegally".

Considering the 25 minute matches are half stalling and comedy spots, you can bet that a 60 minute version is majorly padded.

Shawn in his 1'st book noted when talking about the matches that at least 15 mins of the match was the Rougeaus working spots where they would do some feat of athleticism like the front somersault into the ring and landing on their feet and then challenging the Rockers to do the same with the Rougeaus getting shown up until it finally breaks downs into the match actually beginning.

Steiners vs. Money Inc., the first of the 3 title changes, would be a much bigger prize among Steiners matches. Maybe it wasn't a better match but it was at a Challenge taping and is completely unreleased. I'll take "less than HD VQ" over "no VQ" any day.

Going by that Update when they talked about the Money Inc/Steiners title change back in 1993 one of the pics looked like it had come from a TV Taping they filmed unless its just a still from a random jobber match they inserted in.

Id love to see the full Mountie/Bret match included and the HBK/Jannetty title change but not being a TV taping unsure if they filmed it.

Would it be realistic to see some Hogan matches included? All the stuff in the news about him a couple years ago and with him slowly being readded to stuff on the network would it be likely we could see the odd Hogan & Sammartino tag match?

One I'd like to see is Hogan/Savage vs. Jake/Berzerker, which I believe was a dark match. Hulk and Randy's body language as partners in early '92 would be very interesting to watch as I'm pretty sure they weren't getting along personally at this point. They probably spent a good 10-15 minutes in the ring at the Royal Rumble that year, and barely looked at each other.

I don't think I've ever posted it, but I ended up recording what may be the only copy of Primo/Epico winning the tag titles from Evan Bourne/Kofi Kingston. Seems small in the grand scheme, but it was at a local house show and apparently Bourne had just been suspended. I didn't see any cameras rolling.

Sounds like they are going to release stuff from the TV tapings that have never been seen before.

I wonder if they will show a Roberts/Hogan match because this will be as good as any time to show the match and the incident on the Snake Pit where Hogan gets the DDT.

I remember ages ago seeing a picture of Hogan in the ring with Giant Gonzalez which looked like a controntation. No idea if this was part of a TV tapings or not as I could only find

WWF @ Huntington, WV - Civic Center - June 15, 1993 (4,400)

WWF Superstars taping:

Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (w/ Crush) vs Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Giant Gonzalez) in a lumberjack match

Sounds like they are going to release stuff from the TV tapings that have never been seen before.

I wonder if they will show a Roberts/Hogan match because this will be as good as any time to show the match and the incident on the Snake Pit where Hogan gets the DDT.

I remember ages ago seeing a picture of Hogan in the ring with Giant Gonzalez which looked like a controntation. No idea if this was part of a TV tapings or not as I could only find

WWF @ Huntington, WV - Civic Center - June 15, 1993 (4,400)

WWF Superstars taping:

Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (w/ Crush) vs Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Giant Gonzalez) in a lumberjack match

They should have the first Hogan-Jake match on video because they showed clips on a segment promoting the rematch. And that probably is the Hogan-Gonzalez faceoff as the picture also has the Smoking Gunns still around the ring.