Pro Wrestling Only

WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

Ricky Jackson

I am so looking forward to this, even if we don't get Bret Hart vs Tom Magee. I am not expecting much in the way of hidden classics since most of these are probably sub 10-minute TV taping dark matches but I am still thinking this is just gonna be a bunch of matches that are plain fun.

Im hoping these DVDs will have alot of matches on them because a Owen Hart vs jobber match cant be taking up more than 5 mins.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Despite being promoted as consisting of matches "never before seen, new to home video", WrestlingDVDNetwork is speculating the MSG LOD/Warrior vs Demolition match will be on the set. I'm sure there are sources that have led them to believe that, but if true it is disappointing since not only was that on an aired MSG card (9/90), but it was already on a Coliseum release, SuperTape 3.

Despite being promoted as consisting of matches "never before seen, new to home video", WrestlingDVDNetwork is speculating the MSG LOD/Warrior vs Demolition match will be on the set. I'm sure there are sources that have led them to believe that, but if true it is disappointing since not only was that on an aired MSG card (9/90), but it was already on a Coliseum release, SuperTape 3.

That would be a shame if true as the whole point in this collection is supposed to be matches that have never been seen before and not previously available on home video.

That is what made Attitude Era unseen unique.

Here it is!

I'm most excited to see Duane Gill & Barry Hardy's match as "The Toxic Turtles." Other matches of note include Bret vs. Davey Boy from 6/30/92, Hogan vs. Flair from 11/91 (not the Dayton match, unfortunately), a test run of the WM7 blindfold match from January, Flair vs. Piper, a Piper's Pit with the Brooklyn Brawler from 1992 when there were plans to bring that back, and tryout/dark matches for Brian Adams (in '89), Chris Chavis as "War Eagle," the aforementioned Turtles, and the Tazmaniac. I'm sold.

Two Savage vs Warrior matches? I'm listening...

Also, I actually really liked Savage vs Andre from the SNME set. Andre's supposed distaste for Savage comes through when he is clobbering him and Savage bounces around like a goddamned pinball.

This looks pretty interesting on the whole. I am for it.

I have just realized that Jarret and Hall had 9 ladder matches on house shows against each other within 3 weeks or so. You don't really consider ladder matches as a house show gimmick. From what I have seen on History of WWE the only comparable thing is the HBK vs. Hall houseshow run in December 93 / January 94 (they had 8 ladder matches within a months; plus there were two Hall vs. IRS ladder matches, on in Dec. 93 and one in Feb. 94).

411mania posted a list of "Extras," more matches. Didn't clarify if it was for a Blu-Ray release or an extra retailer-exclusive disc. Most exciting for me is the match Mike Shaw had as The Mad Monk. We also get an extra Phantasio match, Hogan vs. Savage in a cage, Ultimate Warrior vs. Kamala, tryouts for the Harris Twins and Harlem Knights, and others.