Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-04-21-PWG-Game Over, Man] Dick Togo vs Zack Sabre Jr

ShittyLittleBoots

One of the most hype matches for me personally in recent memory when it comes to PWG - and it did not disappoint. ZSJ's new attitude in Reseda is wonderful & it was in full force here - he showed no respect to the legend. Most of the match is spent on the match w/ them working each other's limbs & battling over control. It's great. The selling is great, the pacing is great, the structure is great. Awesome match. ***3/4

• 6 months later...

From PWG's always killer hype videos, this match looked great. You and Dave M. both gave it around the same marks so, I'm curious what held it back from being rated higher in your opinion? From your comments, it seems like a 4+ type of match.

Just watched Dick vs Zack at wXw's 11th Anniversary show...Dick's retirement tour 11/24/11. It was great stuff much like you described this PWG encounter. Tons of grappling, fighting over holds, going for pins throughout, accented by nice maneuvers towards the end. Full of action, stiff, and I'm just wondering if Togo ring rust & Sabre's heel gimmick had anything to do with this recent encounter not being highly regarded.

Here's the wXw match for anyone who's interested: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oixzbob1nH8

• GSR changed the title to [2017-04-21-PWG-Game Over, Man] Dick Togo vs Zack Sabre Jr