Pro Wrestling Only

Irrational pet peeves displayed by carny wrestlers

supersonic

Start listing them:

Fans/media that voice criticisms no matter how valid

Use of precious terminology by fans including kayfabe, heel, babyface, etc.

Fans that don't worship their every antic

Fans that educate themselves via various resources

Fans that refuse to comply with company desires

Dirtsheets exposing the carny underbelly

Jim Cornette really gets me with his "these young guys are exposing the business" when probably no one has done more to expose the business than Jim Cornette with all the shoots and stuff he's done.

Can anyone clarify about his InVasion idea? Never seen that shoot but read he would've pulled back the curtain had he been given the book for that.

Jim Cornette really gets me with his "these young guys are exposing the business" when probably no one has done more to expose the business than Jim Cornette with all the shoots and stuff he's done.

Can anyone clarify about his InVasion idea? Never seen that shoot but read he would've pulled back the curtain had he been given the book for that.

In his story, Vince McMahon would order WCW wrestlers to throw their matches against WWF wrestlers but Ric Flair would inspire the WCW wrestlers to try to purposefully injure those opponents during the matches.

One that makes a lot of sense but was very frustrating and over-emphasized in my experience was vets grilling guys on how to properly feed for their opponent when getting up. Stuff like making sure to always use one specific hand to sell with and one specific side of your body to rise off the mat with, which sometimes differed between vets.

The "you never wrestled, you can't criticize" mentality which to be fair seems to be a thing among all strains of athlete.

This is a common complaint among all strains of performance, hell, maybe all strains of work period. You never played football, you never made a movie, you never fought in a war, planned a war, etc.

Someone might say to both critique wrestling while not wrestling and to call people chickenhawks in foreign policy discussions is hypocritical. But that's probably a MIS question.

What about 'if you haven't anything nice to say about (whatever - in this case wrestling) then don't speak at all/don't watch it'.

I really can see both sides on that one.

Getting mad at other wrestlers for watching WWE, specifically WrestleMania. I know a promoter who went nuts on a wrestler because he bought tickets to Mania for himself and his son. "Why are you putting money in Vince's pocket? You're just a fucking mark" etc etc.

It was so bizarre. And lots of other guys agreed with him. I didn't get it at all. This guy wrestles in front of like 70 people max. That's like the director of a high school play getting mad his leading man bought a ticket to see Hamilton on Broadway.

This seems to be fading away, but occasionally a story will pop up from someone on the indies that they inadvertently offended some old timer by not shaking their hand/genuflecting properly in their direction. I get wanting the young guys to show respect, but some take it to the nth degree.

This is a common complaint among all strains of performance, hell, maybe all strains of work period. You never played football, you never made a movie, you never fought in a war, planned a war, etc.

While true, the insecure nature of most wrestlers tends to cause it to be worse in their field. Hell, Roman just went on a mini Twitter meltdown over an indy wrestler who didn't share the idea that going to WWE is the end all be all for everyone in the business. #DumbAssMark is a hell of a hash tag for your supposed top babyface to try to get trending.

This seems to be fading away, but occasionally a story will pop up from someone on the indies that they inadvertently offended some old timer by not shaking their hand/genuflecting properly in their direction. I get wanting the young guys to show respect, but some take it to the nth degree.

While true, the insecure nature of most wrestlers tends to cause it to be worse in their field. Hell, Roman just went on a mini Twitter meltdown over an indy wrestler who didn't share the idea that going to WWE is the end all be all for everyone in the business. #DumbAssMark is a hell of a hash tag for your supposed top babyface to try to get trending.

I like #DumbAssMark and think that hashtag is applicable for someone who calls a one tweet response a "mini meltdown" or someone who still looks at the way they've been presenting Roman this year and thinking he's still supposed to be some kind of goody two shoes white meat babyface. I fully support MORE wrestlers on twitter calling marks what they are because there are a whole lot of them out there.

My only problem with Reigns response, and I'm saying this as someone who manages people, is he essentially gave the "I show up" argument a lot of people make for raises and promotions. Not getting into the quality of his work or hashtag just that the logic of it bothered me since I have to deal with that mentality a lot.

Well you know except the guy who said it really isn't in the business and is just some 18 year old jackass in training who thinks he's playing a heel and getting heat on twitter. He had CZW plastered all over his twitter page and was talking about how barbed wire and light tubes are REAL wrestling and the fucking owner of CZW came out and said that the guy has never been associated with them in any way.

Maybe so. Doesn't change the fact Reigns should know better and be above that kind of stuff. Well, as a matter of fact, it's even worse if the guy is that irrelevant. It's like Reigns has nothing better to do. Really comes off as an insecure mark if he *has to* reply to these kind of people. The HHH school of learning how to work I guess.

I just take as part of his character - intentional or not. He is either sort of a jaded, cocky wrestler who doesn't give a shit about fans and believes he above non-wwe wrestling... or he plays that character on and off screen. Either way, it jives with his character, so i just take it as part of that. I imagine he gets it CONSTANTLY. He should be above it, but I can imagine it is hard to not respond eventually. I once saw a guy get right in his face and flip him off when he still walked through the crowd; it must be exhausting to deal with that.

I get a little torn about the criticism thing on the whole. Individual critiques and discussions can obviously be valid and you you clearly don't have to have stepped into the ring to have a valid opinion, but I also can't imagine being bombarded with constant and direct criticism now that twitter has apparently made some people feel entitled to just tell other people they suck. I get it. I don't mind being critiqued at my job, but I can have a sort of visceral backlash to it if I don't think the person knows what they are talking about, even if when the criticism is valid. It is the price of being in the entertainment business, especially in 2017, I guess. Plenty of fans are dicks about it and plenty of wrestlers overreact.