Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV: July 10-16

The Thread Killer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I was expecting the reveal to be something even worse so it didn't seem that bad to me. It does seem silly that they try to do things like this in 2017 that will only lead to Jason becoming Lance Von Angle, but at least they didn't say he was having an affair with Dixie.

Lance Von Angle got a good laugh out of me.

Is the endgame here Jordan vs. Angle? Or Gable vs. Jordan in a fight for who Angle's real son is?

Like so many of the other convoluted "family" stories (except, oddly, that the most convoluted one - Taker & Kane - has actually maintained some integrity) that the WWE has produced, I expect that this will all be forgotten in a year or so and become a running gag for "smart fans" to chuckle about.

Is the endgame here Jordan vs. Angle? Or Gable vs. Jordan in a fight for who Angle's real son is?

Like so many of the other convoluted "family" stories (except, oddly, that the most convoluted one - Taker & Kane - has actually maintained some integrity) that the WWE has produced, I expect that this will all be forgotten in a year or so and become a running gag for "smart fans" to chuckle about.

They should just go the most absurd route and bring up KENTA as the other son and feud him with Jordan over daddy Angle's love.

So what was worse on Smackdown:

a ) Mike Bennett's match

b ) Mike Bennett's haircut

c ) Mike Bennett's entire gimmick

d ) The fact that all three of the above were used to bury Sami Zayn

This whole Bennett and Maria deal is annoying as hell, and not in the good heel way that Miz and Maryse way were as a couple. More in the "I can't watch this crap I need to change the channel" way.

Jason Jordan has so much talent and if he can develop on the mic, he will be a big star for the company. Good lucks, he can work, and WWE is pretty high on him. It will take a lot for WWE to get itself out of this hole. This isn't Jordan or Angle's fault. WWE is trying to get Angle into something interesting and WWE has AA sitting around doing nothing and not getting over on SD--so why not try something new? Gable will be just fine and has shown that he has no issues with getting himself over. He will be fine as well. I always expect the worse from the fans and await from the slime to come from under the rocks--and thus it has not. Most everyone just shares that equally bummed "that's it?!". WWE in its tone deafness overbooked all of this. In 1950 having a kid (much less one of color) out-of-wedlock, I am sure would be 'controversial' to some idiots. However, in 2017, no one blinks an eye to anything. Jordan arriving created no conflict and with all the build up it shows there was really no real conflict to begin with. Hopefully this doesn't kill off Jordan completely as there really is no reason he shouldn't be champion within the next 5 years. He has all the tools...we shall see.

Emma is pretty pissed about sitting on the sidelines for her 5 year WWE anniversary. I guess someone should tell her that is what happens when you aren't over. I enjoy Emma, but let's not pretend she is connecting with the crowds at a rate WWE can see a return. She is talented and I hope she sticks around and catches fire, but with WWE putting all of its eggs in the "new era" of Nia, Carmella, Bliss, Namoi while still keeping the mythology of the 4 Horsewomen alive and all...Emma is really the odd woman out. Mickie James will get a pop because of who/what she use to be and all the good will from her WWE/TNA work. With Askua, Moon, and I am sure The Aussies coming up soon...Emma needs something. Not sure what that 'something' is.

I have been hearing rumblings of a 4 way dance at SS this year. Brock, Lesnar, Joe, and Braun in a 4 way battle of big men will only end with the destruction of the world. I hope it happens! I wouldn't be upset to see Lesnar/Joe II and an 80's style Surv. Series Team lead by opposing captains: Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns.

I hope neither of those options, really.

What I find interesting in this storyline is that while you have Gable having to fight his way up the ladder in SmackDown, Jordan is now the son of the Raw GM, and that might get him into a more prominent position really quickly. There is a very stark contrast between the two right now and it might lead into a feud into the future based on that, but we can never be sure.

Emma is pretty pissed about sitting on the sidelines for her 5 year WWE anniversary. I guess someone should tell her that is what happens when you aren't over.

The neverending stop-start pushes and character switches made sure she would not get over. Meanwhile, Carmella the tool gets the push. So yeah, I guess she's got good reasons to be pissed.

Mickie James will get a pop because of who/what she use to be and all the good will from her WWE/TNA work.

When? Where? Every time I've seen her come out on Raw it's been to dead silence (and I like Mickie but it is what it is)

Mickie James will get a pop because of who/what she use to be and all the good will from her WWE/TNA work.

When? Where? Every time I've seen her come out on Raw it's been to dead silence (and I like Mickie but it is what it is)

So after her re-debut she has essentially been booked as another face on the roster. Its interesting that the momentum didn't care over. I haven't really been paying attention to Mickie (as I have never really been a fan of hers), but I assumed she would be at least over if nothing else. But then again if Trish Stratus couldn't do it....I guess Mickie will struggle. Its such a weird hire as she wasn't all the good to begin with, didn't get better while gone, and now is not over and brings no real value apparently.

Pro wrestling sheet is saying Brock does not plan on re-signing with WWE after his contract runs out after WM 34

Doesn't make sense that he would turn down the money WWE pays him for the small amount of work they ask in return. Now if WWE already put it out there to him they weren't looking to offer him another fat contract, then him wanting to go back to UFC makes sense.

Becky Lynch is the MVP of the division. Not the single biggest star, but holds her own, and almost always gets others more over.

Couldn't agree more - one of the best babyfaces in the company that manages to get the crowd invested despite in recent months losing the majority of matches that she's in. I really enjoyed the match she had with Charlotte this week, and while there were the customary dueling chants at the beginning of the match, by the end the crowd was firmly behind her. Also look at the reaction when she knocks Ellsworth off the ladder in the second women's MIB match when the crowd thinks she's going to win. I know some find her promos hit and miss, and while there are some where the 'top of the morning to ya' Irishness is played up (which I suspect is what the company is telling her to do) the ones she cut after the first MIB and the frustrations at people having to cheat to get ahead were full of emotion and relatability.