Pro Wrestling Only

Enzo & Cass

The Thread Killer

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enzo and Cass both back in the news over the past 24 hours...

Back in January, Eric Ardnt (Enzo Amore) was suspended by WWE when it was revealed that there was a police investigation regarding an allegation of rape against him. And days later, WWE made the decision to release him. WWE management was completely unaware of the allegations and the criminal investigation into the October 2017 incident until media outlets started to reach out to the company for comments on the situation. This was while the company was putting together Raw 25 Today, Ardnt posted letter from his lawyer on Twitter, announcing that police do not have sufficient evidence to carry on with an investigation and that the case is now considered closed.

- Courtesy Larry Csonka

Meanwhile today...

As has been previously reported, Big Cass is said to be in trouble backstage for going off-script during a segment on Smackdown. He was intended to boot the little person impersonating Daniel Bryan, but instead continue to assault him even after officials (and Vince McMahon) told him not to.

In the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (via Sportskeeda), Bryan Alvarez said that Cass is said to have “massive” heat on him backstage, and that it comes from multiple incidents.

He said: "This is not the first time stupid stuff has happened with Cass"

- Courtesy Wrestling Observer Radio via Joseph Lee & Sportskeeda

I am wondering if Meltzer's original report from way back that Cass wasn't popular backstage is true after all...although we have had no more reports about him being a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

If Enzo really is free and clear of this sexual assault allegation, and if Cass really is being a pain backstage and killing his singles push, I wonder if there is any chance WWE brings Enzo back and puts them back together? Part of me thinks that might be the only scenario in which Cass is of any real use. Enzo does the talking and takes a beating and gets rag-dolled, Cass gets the hot tag and cleans house with a couple of simple power moves. Their formula seemed to work and there is no denying they were crazy popular and moved a ton of merchandise, which seems to be an important factor to WWE.

Or are they both labelled too toxic backstage so Enzo stays gone and Cass gets pushed down the card? Or are the rumors of Cass having heat just rumors, and he continues to get a big push because of his big size? I didn't see the segment with him and Daniel Bryan this week...the way it read it sounds like it was designed to make him look bad...was it, or was it just to further their rivalry?

Wasn't part of the reason Enzo got the boot so fast because he knew about the accusation beforehand but didn't tell WWE, and they got blindsided? I can see them not giving him a second chance just based on that alone.

According to his lawyer he wasn't aware of the investigation. I don't know if I believe that but that I out there.

Fair point. I guess the question would be if WWE knows or believes differently, and if that's a dealbreaker.

I tend to think they will stay away regardless, it's not like he's been missed and, fair or not, they'd likely see bad PR if they did bring him back.

I think they will take him back eventually. I think he will need a prove it run with Impact or another company first but he moves shirts and draws ratings. There are few guys that can do that and I think they will talk themselves into it down the road if they get reports that he's behaving.

Yeah as mentioned Bryan absolutely destroyed Cass this week. But then he's in a MITB Qualifier vs. Samoa Joe for the last spot next week so I guess we'll see. That should probably be a Joe squash regardless, especially if Cass is going in injured from Bryan's attack.

Wasn't part of the reason Enzo got the boot so fast because he knew about the accusation beforehand but didn't tell WWE, and they got blindsided? I can see them not giving him a second chance just based on that alone.

His lawyer released a statement saying Enzo never knew about the accusation until it exploded on social media. Since it's from his lawyer, I'd believe it considering he could get in trouble if it was false. I'd give him a second chance. Dude was a big merch mover and entertaining enough to make people care about 205.

His lawyer released a statement saying Enzo never knew about the accusation until it exploded on social media. Since it's from his lawyer, I'd believe it considering he could get in trouble if it was false. I'd give him a second chance. Dude was a big merch mover and entertaining enough to make people care about 205.

He might have drawn a few more eyeballs to 205 Live but his title reign basically killed the show. Not only was he dreadful in the ring, which matters on a program and in a division that is essentially built on 'having good matches', he was also in practically every segment to where the entire show revolved around him. 205 Live has been a really good show since he's been gone.

I don't disagree with you...I wouldn't want to see him go anywhere near 205 Live again. I think his being on that show and in the CW division was half punishment and half Vince trying to make the CW division more "entertaining." When he left, they say Triple H took it over and wanted to make it more like the CWC. That's good.

I think the only value Enzo or Cass have is together, as a team.

The woman who accused Enzo of rape spoke out after the ruling and said it was a horrible feeling that her rapist was allowed to walk around free.

So, no, I don't think WWE is touching him with a ten-foot pole.

TNA, on the other hand...

"What's E.A. doin' in the Canadian Tire Impact Zone?!?!"

(Eric Arndt was smart to name himself Enzo Amore - same initials.)

Edit: Then again, even TNA may be a bit hesitant to get into the Enzo business. https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2018/5/16/17363574/impact-wrestling-hiring-enzo-amore-don-callis-had-a-very-reasonable-answer-when-asked

I am wondering if Meltzer's original report from way back that Cass wasn't popular backstage is true after all...although we have had no more reports about him being a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

I've never bought into that particular report. Would being a Trump supporter really make him unpopular in the WWE locker room? I get the impression that WWE is very Republican-heavy, and not just from the usual suspects. Kane voted for Trump and is running as a Republican, Lashley has expressed support for Trump publicly, etc.

Then you have the clip of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle laughing like wild hyenas, probably with chaw in their mouths, after Kid Rock mentioned kicking Democrats' asses at the HOF or whatever gibberish he spouted off.

Not to mention, Linda McMahon works for Trump.

There were numerous reports of Enzo basically living the gimmick and rubbing everyone the wrong way before the allegations came about, I don't see WWE being in any rush to sign him back now.

Impact's new management seems to not share the same need to sign anyone who ever spent more than a minute in WWE that Dixie had, so I don't think they'd want him either.

Besides, Enzo was allegedly telling everyone who would listen than he was just using wrestling as a stepping stone to be a big star elsewhere (where? who knows) so he might not even want to come back.

I've never bought into that particular report. Would being a Trump supporter really make him unpopular in the WWE locker room? I get the impression that WWE is very Republican-heavy, and not just from the usual suspects. Kane voted for Trump and is running as a Republican, Lashley has expressed support for Trump publicly, etc.

Then you have the clip of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle laughing like wild hyenas, probably with chaw in their mouths, after Kid Rock mentioned kicking Democrats' asses at the HOF or whatever gibberish he spouted off.

Maybe he was just annoying about it. I have a co-worker who I pretty much agree with politically. He still gets on my last fucking nerve talking politics.

Maybe he was just annoying about it. I have a co-worker who I pretty much agree with politically. He still gets on my last fucking nerve talking politics.

Maybe, but that isn't how the story was framed - it was always simply "Cass has heat because he's a Trump supporter."

The woman who accused Enzo of rape spoke out after the ruling and said it was a horrible feeling that her rapist was allowed to walk around free.

So, no, I don't think WWE is touching him with a ten-foot pole.

TNA, on the other hand...

"What's E.A. doin' in the Canadian Tire Impact Zone?!?!"

(Eric Arndt was smart to name himself Enzo Amore - same initials.)

Edit: Then again, even TNA may be a bit hesitant to get into the Enzo business. https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2018/5/16/17363574/impact-wrestling-hiring-enzo-amore-don-callis-had-a-very-reasonable-answer-when-asked

Have you noticed WWE has not mentioned the President of the United States in their Hall Of Fame? Or in the Lashley bio, made no mention of him.

My guess is that Cass can't keep his politics in his pants and that would rub people the wrong way in general.

Its been my experience that the Trump voters I know do not really like him. But do to our broken political system, felt pressured to vote Republican.

Maybe I'm dense but I have no idea what "chaw" has to do with anything here. Are Kurt and AJ noted for their tobacco chewing?

Maybe I'm dense but I have no idea what "chaw" has to do with anything here. Are Kurt and AJ noted for their tobacco chewing?

It's part of the uneducated Southern republican "God, guts, and guns" stereotype.