• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

Do WWE need Enzo and Cass?

They have guys bigger than Cass, better workers and more over. Enzo being hired in the first place is baffling. 

#62 fxnj

fxnj
  • Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM

Wasn't part of the reason Enzo got the boot so fast because he knew about the accusation beforehand but didn't tell WWE, and they got blindsided? I can see them not giving him a second chance just based on that alone.

His lawyer released a statement saying Enzo never knew about the accusation until it exploded on social media. Since it's from his lawyer, I'd believe it considering he could get in trouble if it was false. I'd give him a second chance. Dude was a big merch mover and entertaining enough to make people care about 205.

#63 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

Wasn't part of the reason Enzo got the boot so fast because he knew about the accusation beforehand but didn't tell WWE, and they got blindsided? I can see them not giving him a second chance just based on that alone.

His lawyer released a statement saying Enzo never knew about the accusation until it exploded on social media. Since it's from his lawyer, I'd believe it considering he could get in trouble if it was false. I'd give him a second chance. Dude was a big merch mover and entertaining enough to make people care about 205.

He might have drawn a few more eyeballs to 205 Live but his title reign basically killed the show. Not only was he dreadful in the ring, which matters on a program and in a division that is essentially built on 'having good matches', he was also in practically every segment to where the entire show revolved around him. 205 Live has been a really good show since he's been gone.  

#64 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

I don't disagree with you...I wouldn't want to see him go anywhere near 205 Live again.  I think his being on that show and in the CW division was half punishment and half Vince trying to make the CW division more "entertaining."  When he left, they say Triple H took it over and wanted to make it more like the CWC.  That's good. 

I think the only value Enzo or Cass have is together, as a team.

#65 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

I think instead of teaming, I'd like to see Enzo taken out of the ring completely if they do bring him back, which I don't think they will. Make him Cass's mouthpiece and let him stir the pot and go hide behind his enforcer.

#66 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

The woman who accused Enzo of rape spoke out after the ruling and said it was a horrible feeling that her rapist was allowed to walk around free.

So, no, I don't think WWE is touching him with a ten-foot pole.

TNA, on the other hand...

"What's E.A. doin' in the Canadian Tire Impact Zone?!?!"

(Eric Arndt was smart to name himself Enzo Amore - same initials.)

Edit: Then again, even TNA may be a bit hesitant to get into the Enzo business. https://www.cageside...swer-when-asked

I am wondering if Meltzer's original report from way back that Cass wasn't popular backstage is true after all...although we have had no more reports about him being a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

I've never bought into that particular report. Would being a Trump supporter really make him unpopular in the WWE locker room? I get the impression that WWE is very Republican-heavy, and not just from the usual suspects. Kane voted for Trump and is running as a Republican, Lashley has expressed support for Trump publicly, etc.

Then you have the clip of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle laughing like wild hyenas, probably with chaw in their mouths, after Kid Rock mentioned kicking Democrats' asses at the HOF or whatever gibberish he spouted off.

Not to mention, Linda McMahon works for Trump.

#67 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

Damn. Kane suck at politics too.

And yeah, the fact Enzo's case was closed doesn't mean he didn't do anything, really... 

#68 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

There were numerous reports of Enzo basically living the gimmick and rubbing everyone the wrong way before the allegations came about, I don't see WWE being in any rush to sign him back now. 

Impact's new management seems to not share the same need to sign anyone who ever spent more than a minute in WWE that Dixie had, so I don't think they'd want him either.

Besides, Enzo was allegedly telling everyone who would listen than he was just using wrestling as a stepping stone to be a big star elsewhere (where? who knows) so he might not even want to come back. 

#69 Log

Log
  • Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

I've never bought into that particular report. Would being a Trump supporter really make him unpopular in the WWE locker room? I get the impression that WWE is very Republican-heavy, and not just from the usual suspects. Kane voted for Trump and is running as a Republican, Lashley has expressed support for Trump publicly, etc.

Then you have the clip of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle laughing like wild hyenas, probably with chaw in their mouths, after Kid Rock mentioned kicking Democrats' asses at the HOF or whatever gibberish he spouted off.

Maybe he was just annoying about it.  I have a co-worker who I pretty much agree with politically.  He still gets on my last fucking nerve talking politics.  

#70 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Maybe he was just annoying about it.  I have a co-worker who I pretty much agree with politically.  He still gets on my last fucking nerve talking politics.

Maybe, but that isn't how the story was framed - it was always simply "Cass has heat because he's a Trump supporter."

#71 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

The woman who accused Enzo of rape spoke out after the ruling and said it was a horrible feeling that her rapist was allowed to walk around free.

So, no, I don't think WWE is touching him with a ten-foot pole.

TNA, on the other hand...

"What's E.A. doin' in the Canadian Tire Impact Zone?!?!"

(Eric Arndt was smart to name himself Enzo Amore - same initials.)

Edit: Then again, even TNA may be a bit hesitant to get into the Enzo business. https://www.cageside...swer-when-asked

I am wondering if Meltzer's original report from way back that Cass wasn't popular backstage is true after all...although we have had no more reports about him being a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

Have you noticed WWE has not mentioned the President of the United States in their Hall Of Fame? Or in the Lashley bio, made no mention of him.

My guess is that Cass can't keep his politics in his pants and that would rub people the wrong way in general. 

Its been my experience that the Trump voters I know do not really like him. But do to our broken political system, felt pressured to vote Republican. 

#72 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Maybe I'm dense but I have no idea what "chaw" has to do with anything here. Are Kurt and AJ noted for their tobacco chewing? 

#73 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6358 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

The Cass as Trump supporter story turned out to be fake.

#74 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Maybe I'm dense but I have no idea what "chaw" has to do with anything here. Are Kurt and AJ noted for their tobacco chewing? 

It's part of the uneducated Southern republican "God, guts, and guns" stereotype. 

#75 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Plus, Angle actually has been seen with chaw in his mouth. I don't have clips or anything, but I know I've seen it.

Edit: I do have clips!

#76 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Seeing Flair with chewing tobacco seemed so wrong. It seems as wrong for Kurt's character.

#77 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

The Cass as Trump supporter story turned out to be fake.

Man if Cass is a DSA member I'm totally down for him being a top guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users