Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-06-25-WWF-King of the Ring] Too Cool vs Edge & Christian vs Test & Albert vs Matt & Jeff Hardy

soup23

This provided an excellent visualization of the depth of the tag roster in WWF at the time but as a standalone match, it never came together. E&C insult the sports of Boston just like Kurt a few minutes before but I will give them props for having a Mookie Wilson jersey. Everything was too compartmentalized. It started with a segment of the Hardy’s vs T&A. Lita and Trish have a scruff which again is a rehash of the Venis vs Eddy match and Chyna and Trish going after each other. E&C and Hardy’s then have their Raw match which is good but brief. Finally it is down to Too Cool and E&C and again the action is fine but not that inspiring and really relies on the big spots of both teams. The finish was goofy to me in that the referee finally decides it is time to restore order not counting a pin when he had done that numerous times before. This allows Christian to slam the tag belt against Sexay and E&C retain the titles. **1/2

• 10 months later...

I did not realize it back then but in the spots he did here Albert looked really good. He really seems like a guy who could have had a much better US career if was not stuck with horrible gimmicks early on in his career that burnt him in the long run.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-06-25-WWF-King of the Ring] Too Cool vs Edge & Christian vs Test & Albert vs Matt & Jeff Hardy