Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the tag title match started out a bit slow and bland, but from the Usos cleaning house on the floor it was pretty damn great. A few big near falls that the crowd absolutely bought into, but not so many that it became overdone. Some incredible timing on the cutoffs and big spots, and I appreciate that they even had Kofi MIA for a while after that powerbomb rather than returning quickly and rendering it meaningless. The finish felt a bit sudden after the last Woods save, but hardly a major flaw. Fun opener!

***1/2

Really good match although excessive with the punishment that Woods took. But the crowd loved it and that is all that matters. New Day winning was kind of their only choice given how weak the tag division is on the babyface side after this feud

This is really going to be interesting because Nakamura really needs a good singles match. Dolph wasn't it. Luckily Corbin can lose since he has the briefcase

The Usos are quietly climbing the ranks of the WWEs best tag teams ever at this point. Heck, how many WWE tag teams have had there resume working as both faces and heels? Most of the best were always just one.

Demolition. Hart Foundation. That's it, I think.

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

I mean, when you get the opportunity, I know some other matches you couls watch...

I mean, when you get the opportunity, I know some other matches you couls watch...

At this rate, with NWAonDemand down, i'm going to have to lose bets just to figure out what to watch. I'll have both of yours watched/written up by the end of this week barring disaster. I'm running casual and noteless tonight. (which means I'm not writing up this Bate/Dunne one either, though I will say that I love how into everything Dunne is. Surly teenager isn't necessarily a hard character, but the commitment is charming).

At this rate, with NWAonDemand down, i'm going to have to lose bets just to figure out what to watch. I'll have both of yours watched/written up by the end of this week barring disaster. I'm running casual and noteless tonight. (which means I'm not writing up this Bate/Dunne one either, though I will say that I love how into everything Dunne is. Surly teenager isn't necessarily a hard character, but the commitment is charming).

Try the Stardom streaming service. Lots of content and it's broken up into matches.

Try the Stardom streaming service. Lots of content and it's broken up into matches.

Cosign. Take DDT for a spin -- they have a women's group on their service as well so plenty to mix it up, although DDT is very hit or miss for me. The comedy stuff just doesn't do it for me but they've got some really great, young wrestlers as well.

G1 is an obvious go-to. A few fun workers in Sendai Girls which is easily accessible in the archive.