Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV July 24 - July 30

...TG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That opening segment was pretty damn good, and you know what I liked most about it? It advanced the angle, but it wasn't agonizingly long. Five guys in the ring, everybody made their points, got their promos in, but they did so expeditiously. I appreciate that.

Hey, Balor is pretty damn popular, huh?

That was a fantastic opening segment. 4 way should be great.

Btw, the guy from Sportskeeda was right about the SS main event and Meltz was wrong. What is going on with our world ?

Meltzer hasn't been that good of a source for WWE in a while but people just go along with his "When I'm wrong, it's because Vince changed his mind" excuse. Sportskeeda guy isn't exactly perfect either considering in May he said Randy Orton was going to have a long title run and that Kevin Owens was wearing a suit because Vince hated his body and he was even going to make him WRESTLE in the suit.

RAW on HULU was fucking awesome. It was edited down to 90 minutes of great shit.

Oh, and here's what needs to happen with Enzo. He needs to go to 205 Live, have a DDP-like journey to face Neville, and eventually be Rocky and it's a redemption story. It'll save the fucking show. Neville has been awesome but no one has really been a perfect foe for him. Enzo is it. And put Gable in there as well. He's awesome and has personality to spare.

RAW on HULU was fucking awesome. It was edited down to 90 minutes of great shit.

Oh, and here's what needs to happen with Enzo. He needs to go to 205 Live, have a DDP-like journey to face Neville, and eventually be Rocky and it's a redemption story. It'll save the fucking show. Neville has been awesome but no one has really been a perfect foe for him. Enzo is it. And put Gable in there as well. He's awesome and has personality to spare.

That's actually... A really good idea and I would watch that.

So regarding AJ Styles and the US Championship...to borrow a line from The Rock (which I'm pretty sure he stole from my Uncle Roger), what in the Blue Hell is going on?

First he wins the title at a house show that he and Owens weren't even supposed to be on. Some people speculate that Owens is injured (which he probably isn't.) Some people speculate that Vince thinks that between Jinder, Rusev and Owens, that's three anti-American gimmicks on one show, so he wants to scale back on at least one. Whatever the reason, the title is now on AJ.

Then there is speculation that their match on Battleground is scrubbed, because for a couple of days after the title change, there is no mention of the match being on the card anymore. But then SDL happens and it turns out that Owens is not injured, still the New Face of America, and the match is still on. Fine.

Then they have the match, and it really isn't all that great...and from all accounts the finish gets botched. Whether it did or didn't, you have to admit that the end of that match was strange. This is where things get really weird. I've seen some sites claim the finish got fouled up and Styles was supposed to retain. Some people that were there live claimed that Styles looked legit pissed off after the match and kicked the stairs or something. (Although how they can tell that was legit and not just him selling his loss, I have no idea.)

But THEN...they pull a Russo on SDL and switch the title AGAIN, back to Styles? In theory, you could speculate they brought Jericho back in to take that pin to protect Owens from another loss to Styles...but was this always the plan, and Jericho was always coming back now? If so, what possible good did that title change do? (The one at Battleground, not the one at MSG. I get that one. I think.)

I am legit confuzzled.

If they really did plan all this out to happen this way, then I think they are nuts with all this Russoesque hot-shotting of the title. I thought WWE had done a good job recently of making their titles seem a bit more important and not flinging them all hither and yon, but this whole thing has been really odd to me.

Anybody have any theories or heard any believable reasons for all this stuff?

How could Battleground be a fuck up when they played Owens music like the second the referee made the count?

There are only so many guys on the roster. Surely they must have a playlist with all music available at their fingertips the way we do on a computer or phone.

Yeah but I'm sure it's all queued up because they know who's supposed to win. The ending was fucked up in a lot of ways but I don't think Styles was supposed to win. Really, I think the biggest fuck up on that ending was how they shot it. They picked the absolute worst angle to show.

How could Battleground be a fuck up when they played Owens music like the second the referee made the count?

There are only so many guys on the roster. Surely they must have a playlist with all music available at their fingertips the way we do on a computer or phone.

Yeah but I'm sure it's all queued up because they know who's supposed to win. The ending was fucked up in a lot of ways but I don't think Styles was supposed to win. Really, I think the biggest fuck up on that ending was how they shot it. They picked the absolute worst angle to show.

I could probably pull up Owens' music on Spotify in about ten seconds so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Kevin Dunn could do the same. I still think it was a screw-up at they did the switch on Smackdown just to correct the error. Hopefully they blow the feud off soon though because it hasn't sparked at all and I's much rather see AJ doing the open challenge gimmick and working guys like Rusev.