Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Aug 21-Aug 27

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed by how many things they managed to juggle in that Cena-Reigns-Miz-Joe segment. Set up the night's main event, along with a few short-term feuds and long-term feuds for both Cena and Reigns. Really impressive how they did all of that without it being bloated. Cena's Shawn Michaels facial expressions can leave, though.

In terms of organising where they want to go, Raw booking has been pretty on point at the top of the card recently. Look at how they gradually built the Rollins/Ambrose reunion into the Miz feud and then transitioned it into the Cesaro/Sheamus programme. Or even the elevation of Braun and Joe to the main event.

It gives me some degree of hope that they've got a plan to extend Braun vs Brock beyond No Mercy and protect the big matches they have on tap.

Crowd couldn't give less of a fuck about the actual main event until Roman got the hot tag, where only then people started paying attention, and the match picked up. Guess he's not that over...

Anyways, quite the great episode of Raw. Not only they had two EXCELLENT segments (Brock/Lesnar and Cena/Joe/Miz/Roman), but they also had good matches (the main event, Jordan/Balor, Hardys/Shield), and the rest was used to further feuds or put over people like Nia or Elias.

The only low point was Cass' injury. Enzo going batshit insane on twitter was strange, too.

No Mercy will already have a blast of a main event, I just hope they don't give us Roman/Joe vs Cena that soon. I'd take Miz/Joe for the IC belt, tho.

I was impressed by how many things they managed to juggle in that Cena-Reigns-Miz-Joe segment. Set up the night's main event, along with a few short-term feuds and long-term feuds for both Cena and Reigns. Really impressive how they did all of that without it being bloated. Cena's Shawn Michaels facial expressions can leave, though.

Cena's usual facial expressions aren't any less goofier to be honest.

As much as I don't like modern WWE crowds, I thought the "You both suck" chant was pretty funny.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Roman Reigns or John Cena Beachballs in the WWE Shop in the next couple of days.

I actually now want them to do that because that might actually kill the beach ball gimmick quick.

Vince: "You like beach balls, eh? Well, now you will like these beach balls with Roman Reigns! And with John Cena! And with...BAYLEY!"

A bunch of neckbeard nerds: "nah, that's okay. We don't wanna play anymore."

Cena's usual facial expressions aren't any less goofier to be honest.

As much as I don't like modern WWE crowds, I thought the "You both suck" chant was pretty funny.

What bothered me about that segment was how Cena was pulling a Triple H and going off script to try to throw Miz off his promo. If anyone else had marble mouthed the venue name like Miz did, the other person would have just ignored it but John just had to bring it up and call attention to the mistake.

What bothered me about that segment was how Cena was pulling a Triple H and going off script to try to throw Miz off his promo. If anyone else had marble mouthed the venue name like Miz did, the other person would have justignored it but John just had to bring it up and call attention to the mistake.

I wonder if Cena is holding a bit of a grudge over some of the promos Miz cut with Maryse leading up to Wrestlemania, making fun of he and Nikki. I remember reading at the time that a lot of those segments and promos weren't being tightly scripted and the gloves were off a bit. I remember a lot of people were expecting Cena to tee off on Miz, but Miz actually came out looking better. To my mind, Miz did a hell of a lot better making Cena look bad in the buildup to that match rather than the other way around.

There was never really much doubt who was going to win the battle, but I always thought the Miz won the war.

Dana Brooke's boyfriend passed away today from what TMZ reported was "choking on food", which if was the actual reason and not code for something else is a cautionary tale that everyone should know basic skills like doing the Heimlich maneuver on yourself using a chair if you find yourself choking and no one else is around.

The Kevin Owens/AJ Styles feud is only rivaled by Miz/Dean Ambrose as The Feud That Wouldn't Die. I watched the opening segment, I was excited about the US Open Challenge, and then Kevin Owens came out. I almost wept.

Is it just me, or was Bobby Roode's Smackdown debut a little underwhelming? So he interrupted and then beat Aiden English. Whoop-de-doo. Also, is he supposed to be a face?

The Kevin Owens/AJ Styles feud is only rivaled by Miz/Dean Ambrose as The Feud That Wouldn't Die. I watched the opening segment, I was excited about the US Open Challenge, and then Kevin Owens came out. I almost wept.

Is it just me, or was Bobby Roode's Smackdown debut a little underwhelming? So he interrupted and then beat Aiden English. Whoop-de-doo. Also, is he supposed to be a face?

I guess they just fed him English because they assumed he would get a babyface pop with this crowd? With how Corbin and Rusev have been diminished lately, this roster needs heels urgently.

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

Are you SERIOUS?! Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.

Yes.....and Yes,

He probably fucked over Brock since that was his leverage to get another fat WWE deal too.

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

Are you SERIOUS?! Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.

Yes.....and Yes,

He probably fucked over Brock since that was his leverage to get another fat WWE deal too.

Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:

He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.

And then...

- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.

- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured. Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens. Not only does his refusal to fight cause an entire PPV to be cancelled, in the aftermath Jones basically comes across in the media as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.

- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.

- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked

- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine. He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.

- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman. He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car. He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.

- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing. Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.

- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise! He tests positive for steroids. He gets suspended again, this time for a year.

- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.

Now he flunks another steroid test.

This guy is a total moron. He needs to be banned from the sport for life. He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter. He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself his prime fighting years by being suspended so often and so long, and cost himself millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.

They say he's looking at a minimum 2 years suspension this time, so I hope Brock didn't have his heart set on that fight.

Yes.....and Yes,

Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:

He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.

And then...

- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.

- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured. Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens. The main problem was how Jones behaves in the media after the show was cancelled. He basically comes across as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.

- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.

- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked

- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine. He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.

- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman. He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car. He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.

- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing. Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.

- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise! He tests positive for steroids. He gets suspended again, this time for a year.

- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.

Now he flunks another steroid test.

This guy is a total moron. He needs to be banned from the sport for life. He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter. He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself years of his prime in suspension, and millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.

He's kinda killed Cormier's career in the process too. Nothing he does will really matter now.

People talk about WWE not being in a great position at times but UFC is fucked!