Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-08-20-WWE-Summerslam] Jimmy & Jey Uso vs New Day

FMKK

Pulled the conclusion from my longer review on the Usos thread in Microscope because I think this match deserves some attention.

That was incredible. The first few minutes were relatively routine but well worked tag procedure. The Usos had good strikes as always and have a perfect heel demeanour. Once the hot tag came then shit got real. I've said that the Usos have great ending sequences but here they esentially did three in a row, culminating in a huge nearfall for themselves, a huge nearfall for New Day and then the victory. The crowd were popping huge for the big spots and, although all four workers had excellent performances, I want to particularly shout out Xavier for his awesome forearms and knees. I loved the innovative double team spots too. Low-key WWE MOTYC.

****1/2

The only reason this isn't a 10 outta 10 is because they had to kill sometime with headlocks (even though they weren't KO-like holds). Other than that, it's as close as you can get to a perfect match.

Ridiculous spots, lots of tension, nice sense of escalation, great hot tags and very well done false finishes. It's just as good as DIY vs Revival 2/3 Falls, which means really, REALLY good.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2017-08-20-WWE-Summerslam] Jimmy & Jey Uso vs New Day
  • 1 year later...